Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gohan Jedi Master

star 1
    hehehe you always have to start the girlfriend out on star wars... is she doesnt like that wahts the point!

gohan
  2. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and attempt to shrink the Black Haze of Uncertainty that shrouds me by sharing with you, Friendly Readers, details about the current state of my life.

Name's Brian. Been living on this planet for about 22 years now. Been a Star Wars fan for about that long, too. To put it simply, I cannot remember a time when I was not a fan of the franchise.

Anyhoo, I just moved out to the New Kensington/Plum/Penn Hills area a few weeks ago, and landed a job at the Waldens Books in the Monroeville Mall. (I apologize for the fuzzy geographic description, but my mailing addresss claims to be New Kensington, even though I'm about as far away from there as Penn Hills, and my apartment is really geographically located in Plum... I think. *boggle*)

I'm ever in search of a job where I can flex my geek-like Computer Science muscles that I grew in college, so that I can get the heck out of Waldens, though I can't seem to get myself hired to save my soul. Some day...

I've read (and own) just about every EU book published (for adults) and am an avid fan of the NJO series.

In addition to Star Wars, I worship most things LucasArts has published for the computer ("Sam and Max Hit the Road," "Day of the Tentacle," "Full Throttle," "Monkey Island", etc, etc.).

I can't seem to think of anything else to include at the moment, irregardless that I thought there was something else I wanted to say. Must be that pesky, cheap Canadian beer I just consumed. Curse those corybantic (err... what thesaurus?) Canadians and their crazy concoctions!

Errr... yeah.

All right, I'm done. Good night, all.

Have fun,
    Yours Truly

3. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hello and welcome all newest people!
  4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    Greetings and salutations to everyone newer than I!
  6. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    *huggles*
    (watch out- my huggles have a habit of crushing people's lungs..)
    WELCOME! ^_^
  7. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    More new people, so up goes this thread.

I'm sharing my love and knowledge!
  9. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    *Clearing throat* Ahem.

I'm new. My name is Rebel Dawn. I've been a Star Wars fan since '77. I was 9 then. I'm still just as crazy 'bout it now as I was then.

I live in Steubenville (the 'burb of the 'burg *g*). I'm 34. Married. The mother of 3. And I can proudly say that my eldest child, my son, is following in my footsteps :). My daughter, I'm workin' on her ;). The baby is only 2, but her time will come :D.

Anyways, hi and I hope to make lotsa Star Wars friends here. And can I ask one question? How do you ppls get those cool pics in the avatar?

10. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Rebel Dawn. Nice to have another family person joining us.

As far as the avatar goes you have to go to our main page and go to your "account" then "change your info. There you will see the avatar button. click and choose. If this doesn't work for you, PM ROX (he's the administrator of this facility....okay so I can't help quoting) and he'll help you out, further.
  11. kirby2112 Jedi Knight

star 2
    (Stands and scratches cap)
    Hello! (waiting for response)
    I'm Brian, living in Plum, Working in Penn Hills and sometimes Pine-Richland. Have been a fan since the first release (from what I can remember) but it all came back when the SE's hit the stores. Not a HUGE collector. I just get the items I think I would enjoy. But, this looks like some fun in here, so here I am! You all must love and welcome me!!!! ;)
  12. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome.

Your close to Shewski, Greencat, Stina-Cri and Chris-Stacina_Rajinn who are all from the Penn Hills area.
  13. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome to the board Dawn and Kriby!
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    More Penn Hills area people! Hee Hee Hee (greencat cackles) Soon we shall rule the universe!

Ummmmm. I'm okay. Feel better now. Back to your regularily scheduled Jedi. Move along now. Move along.
  15. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the welcomes, Jedi Master Sal and Noble Kale!

I am going to check my account now and see if I can find me some cool picture!

I'll check ya soon :)

Rebel Dawn ;)
  16. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Ok, so I guess I'm showing my newbieness, but, um, the only pictures I get when I do the my avatar thing, are goofy lil smiley faces..? Help! lol

Rebel Dawn
  17. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Pssstt, don't look now, but *pointing to avatar* :D

Did I mention that Han Solo is my fav character and that I love the EU? That's where I got my handle from.

Ok, I promise, I'm done for tonight :)

Rebel Dawn
  18. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    I am from Penn Hills, well East Side Penn Hills :D
  19. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, welcome!
    I wasn't around when the original trilogy came out, but I love it just the same..
    18, in Munhall. ^_^
    Welcome, again!
  20. kirby2112 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the welcomes....East Side Penn Hills, eh? Sounds better than South Central!!! Yes, together the Penn Hills people shall join together, and their hierarchy shall rule above all!!!!!!

Or, they'll just go to the meetings together. Oh, well. Thanks and WEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
  21. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Much welcome to both RebelDawn and kirby2112.There are indeed many friends to be made here,jump over to the "who might you be" thread and tell us more about yourselves.
  22. Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Knight

star 2
  23. Mara-hari Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey there Dawn and Kirby - welcome to the boards! I live in New Castle, so I'm a bit north of you guys.
  24. RainOfHate Jedi Knight

Im from penn hills Kirby. where do u live in plum?
  25. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Kirby! Welcome Dawn! Nice to meet ya!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.