main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Thank you saberpilot, jedi_1966, Crimson_Knight1175, Mara_hari, and Chris-Stacina_Rajinn for the warm welcomes! I'm going over to the suggested thread now

Tina AKA RebelDawn

2. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
  3. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    i kind of live near the border of penn hills and plum. I think it's time i take over all of plum and claim it as mine, though!

4. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    YES A NEW PENN HILLS REPRESENTITIVE. You are The 6th and a half because Greencat lives so close we just count her so she is the half

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
  6. n107

n107 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    I figured that my first post should be here where everyone is basically introducing themselves.
    I'm n107, big Star Wars and Farscape fanatic.
    I currently live in Oakland and am a grad student at Pitt in the School of Education. I should be done (again) this spring but now I'm considering staying for a Master's degree. I'm originally from New Castle and get back there from time to time.

Basically I just wanted to say hello and I hope that this is a fun place to be. I don't know if I'd be able to go to any meetings (or if I'd even be welcome there in the first place) as I have no car but I'll enjoy participating with you all on these boards.

7. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    Anyone is welcome to any meeting and people hitch rides all the time, stay active on the boards, you don't have to come to the meeting, it's just fun, plus Greencat always posts what went on

8. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Most welcome here,you are.And yes,keep checking,info will be posted on upcomming meeting and events,our meeting do tend torove around so as to make it easier for members in certain areas to attend.

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hey, n107, I work for Pitt and can bring you to meetings. I live about 15-20 minutes from Pitt so it wouldn't be much of a problem. Say, if you'd like to go to lunch sometime around Pitt, I can "fill you in" about some of the finer points of our group, such as Toy collecting, costume/prop making, our mentor program and so on. Just let me know.

10. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, welcome to our "family" ~ I'm usually refered to as the "mom" around here :)

~ nice to have you ~ hope to see ya around ~

11. n107

Dec 9, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Jedi Master Sal: lunch sounds like a cool idea. I am interested in hearing what you'd have to say about costume making although I don't think I could make any. It'd be nice to get some pointers from the club. Let me know what days are good for you and we can set up a meeting.

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Anyday M-F between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. I have a one hour lunch so you pick the time between those mentioned. I work on Forbes avenue. So I would like to meet close to me. Besides, that "corridor" of Oakland has MANY places to eat. LMK.

13. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Welcome to the group!

14. n107

Dec 9, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome, Noble Kale.

Jedi Master Sal: Perhaps this Friday or Monday we could meet for lunch on Forbes. Maybe around 12:30? Let me know which day would be good for you and where we should meet.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Friday is fine with me. 12:30 should be okay for me. As to where, there are many places. Let's say we'll meet in front of the McDonald's. (We don't have to eat there, just meet there, then decide from there where to eat. Okay with you?

You'll know me by my Santa hat. How shall I know you?

16. n107

Dec 9, 2002
    I will be there at 12:30 outside of McDonald's then. As for how you'll know me... I really can't think of anything unique or noticable to wear that would set me apart from the rest of Oakland.

I'll be the guy with the moustache, wearing a black coat outside McD's asking people with Santa hats if they're a Jedi Master. Get there soon or I may attract the wrong attention.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmmm............ (thinking very sithly at the moment)

Alright, since your new I won't play a joke on you. I'll see you there.

18. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
  19. Heilo

Heilo Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    Hey everybody I'm Doug. Dan, (Fluke_Groundrunner), turned me onto this board not too long ago. I have been a Star Wars fan since I could comprehend the garbled dialogue of The Empire Strikes Back bootleg on my parents BetaMax. I guess you could blame my parents then for my interest.

Anyway I'm 21 and a student at the University of Pittsburgh, and live in Squirrel Hill. I was at the Star Wars Onmimax thing and the Two Towers night at Loews, so I have met many of you. And for my credentials I lined up outside the Waterworks Cinemas for three days for The Phantom Menace.

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Welcome! Seeing new people brings warm feelings to my heart. :D

21. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    there was no need to line up three days before, but ok, I have come to everything but the loews midnight feature so... I'm not sure If I am going to the new years party at the 66's. but, welcome ...i guess

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    "There was no need to line up three days before..."

Much to learn, this padawan still has.

23. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Hello Heilo and much welcome to you.

24. Heilo

Heilo Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to seeing some of you this Sunday. And Fluke.... they just don't know.

25. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Greetings and Salutations Heilo! Welcome to the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.