Tell us about yourself!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Oola_Twilek, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anowin Jedi Padawan

Josh
    Age 24
    I'm from all over. Went to high school in Connellsville, went to college in Grove City, just finished my master's degree last week at the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Been living in Monroeville for about 3 years while going to school. I also work at Toys R Us full time.

Interests: Star Wars, reading, comics (Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville!), movies, radio.

Saw Empire in the theater when I was young and Return of the Jedi 3 time I think. Saw Episode 4 for the first time on HBO in the early 80's. Saw the Special Editions 4 times each in the theater and Episode 1 11 times I believe. I watched Episode 1 back to back the first time I saw it at Tineseltown in Boardman Ohio. It has the biggest screen I've found around.
  2. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Jeff Campbell

Location: Currently Indianapolis but moving to Pittsburgh in September of this year

School: Soon to be the Pittsburgh Filmmaker's School

Hobbies: Writing screenplays, running a movie news website (entitled The Film Cradle), playing guitar, watching movies of all types and sizes, literature.....plenty more

Star Wars: Star Wars was the first film I was ever exposed too, my parents took me to a screening three weeks after my birth. From then on it was just a life-long love and my excitement for it has never waned.

Anything else you want to know? Just ask me.

My AIM name is y0dafett999 (that's a zero) and you can reach me at my website anytime at the link located in my signature below.

You can email me at y0dafett999@aol.com or contact@thefilmcradle.com

I have a wonderful girlfriend named Jill and I am currently indoctrinating her into the wonderful world of Star Wars, she is loving every minute of it.

Thanks, keep up the good work guys.
  3. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Josh,

What ever happened to that giant Millennium Falcon that was hanging down from the ceiling at Toys R Us. It was there at about the same time the Episode I toys came in? I remember trying to figure out how to get that thing out of there. It wouldn't be hanging in you living room of anything like that? Would it?
  4. Anowin Jedi Padawan

I'm not sure what happened to the Millenium Falcon. I think Hasbro took it back. However the big Naboo Starfighter is in my garage. :)
  5. Athas Jedi Knight

Name: Greg
    Home: Glenshaw (Ross/Shaler/McCandless border)
    School: Edinboro University, Animation major
    Star Wars: Saw ROTJ in theater at the age of 3, first movie I ever saw. Made a lasting impression on me! Also first in line for midnight premiere of TPM.
    Hobbies (other than Star Wars): Art, reading (Brian Jaques, Tolkien) writing, roleplaying.
    Email: athas_kreen@hotmail.com.

Come to the June gathering!
  6. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought they raffeled the Falcon off I remeber putting my name in for something down there a few years ago unless that was the Toy R Us in greenburg I get them backwards all the time.
  7. Mr_Self-Destruct Jedi Padawan

Name: Timothy

Home: McKees Rocks

School: Art Institute of Pittsburgh (computer animation)

StarWars: My first memories of Star Wars is watching Empire at a drive thru a long time ago...

Hobbies: Drawing, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Tori, collecting SW stuff

Email: timothy@artoftimothy.com

http://www.artoftimothy.com

AIM: October Rust 7
  8. leia393 Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Kelly
    Home: near Erie. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and will be returning to the area this fall for college.
    School: Geneva College starting end of Aug.
    e-mail: _leia393@excite.com
    AIM: leia924
    Hobbies: Star Wars, reading, The Simpsons
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    hey Tim, I'm from the Rocks too, what part are you from? I live in Stowe.
  10. Mr_Self-Destruct Jedi Padawan

Hehe... I'm not sure what part of McKees Rocks I'm in... I live near the big blue bridge... You'll have to forgive me, I just moved to the area.
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    How did you here about us? By chance was it one of the flyers I hung around the area?
  12. Mr_Self-Destruct Jedi Padawan

I was a member of the Richmond, VA fanforce around the time the Phantom Menace opened, under a different username. When I moved to pittsburgh I changed usernames and signed up here.
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Cool, if you have any tips for helping us grow in numbers or anything else, please don't hesitate to tell us.
  14. NGazer Jedi Padawan

Wow I just realized I never replied to this thread....

Name: John
    Location: Ross, in between West View and Perrysville (North Hills Estates)
    School: The Catholic University of America (in Washington DC), Biology Major/Religion Minor
    Occupation: Construction Supply (over the summer, I work for a company that supplies material for bridge and highway construction in the Western PA area)
    Hobbies: Reading (mostly SW Books, some Clancy, Koontz, Crichton), writing (SW FanFic), Roleplaying, computers, cars
    Star Wars Stuff: Saw ROTJ when I was really young, had a lasting impression on me. Saw TPM opening night at midnight at Showcase North, ended up seeing it 13 times in the theater.
    Email: jnoodles69@hotmail.com
    AIM: CUAStarWars
  15. Starr28653 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Starr (well, it's really Robin, but I don't use that on the internet)

Home: Houston, but I went to CMU's six week summer program after my sophomore year in high school and I'll be starting there as a freshman in August...that means I'll be literally right down the street from Liz!

School: Carnegie Mellon

Star Wars: When I was in fourth grade, my dad showed me the OT in this order: ANH, ROTJ, ESB. Needless to say, I've never forgiven him for ruining the "surprise" (kidding). I currently own six different versions of the OT and two versions of TPM.

Hobbies: Star Wars, writing, fanfiction, reading, music (I'm a voice major)/theatre

Email: Starr28653@aol.com

I'm a little nervous about college, understandably, so I figured this would be a good way to make friends before I get there. Sorry I rambled for so long!
  16. Stormtrooper_TK-725 Jedi Padawan

Name: Steven

Home: Crawford County, Pa. Exact location need not be said.

School: Pittsburgh Technical Institute; Majored in Graphic Design.

Hobbies: 'Troopin', computers, music, movies, Traveling, web design.

Email: tk72579@yahoo.com

Website:http://www.501steasternsquad.com/tk725/tk725enter.html

Star Wars Group: 501ST Stormtrooper Legion/501ST Empire City Garrison/501ST Eastern Squad

Other info: Webmaster General for the 501st Eastern Squad

http://www.501steasternsquad.com

17. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    wow, soo many new people. I am such a slacker, so hello to you all.

yodafett999 one of my best friends goes to filmmakers... I hope you like it there.

Athas- do you like edinboro? I was think about going there when i am done with this school. That is if my credits transfer....

18. Stormtrooper_TK-725 Jedi Padawan

Let me know if your credits transfer. Im thinking of doing the same thing Oola.
  19. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! Someone goes there :) Oola, does your friend like it? I have heard nothing about it but will be visiting the campus later this summer so maybe I can talk to a few people then.
  20. Rouge_Squadron Jedi Padawan

better late than never.

Name: Jordon

Home: Bellevernon South of Pittsburgh

School: graguated i am at a job now.

Email: red_5_luke@hotmail.com

icq number: 36568018
    Aol sceenname: JordonPopp

21. Oola_Twilek Jedi Knight

star 1
    Stormtrooper_TK-725: I have not looked into it that far. But i know that some of the 8th quater students said most of their credits transfer.

yodafett999: She like it there alot. I will have her email you with more info.
  22. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Oola, it is greatly appreciated. I will be visiting the campus and the surrounding area at the end of July.
  23. DARTHJADO Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Jack

Home: Pittsbugh, PA

School: SO OUT!

StarWars: I send my resume and picture out to George Lucas every month! Trying to get a part in the prequels!

Hobbies: Star wars gossip, collecting

Email: jumpinjack@hotmail.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.