main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Tell Us About Yourself

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by galen-kenobi, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Since we didn't get much more than each others names at Saturday's meeting, I thought it might be a good idea to tell everyone a little about yourself. You know, things like hobbies, interests, likes, dislikes. Basically, anything you think others might find interesting. And those of you who couldn't make it to the meeting, tell us about yourselves, too.

If you see that someone shares similar interests with you, you might want to PM them (rather than post something here). Think of this as an extention of the meeting.

Since I'm here, I might as well tell you some things about me. I'll leave out anything related to "Star Wars" since that's a given.

Hobbies
    -book collecting
    -DVD collecting

Interests
    -movies(foreign, silent, horror, serials, and avant-garde mainly)
    -HP Lovecraft
    -Charles Dickens
    -Cryptozoology
    -Cleveland Browns
    -Anime
    -film scores
    -Ripperology

That's it for me. Now, tell us something about you.

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Let's see....
    What about me...hmmm

Hobbies:
    --Travel
    --Sewing/costuming
    --soccer
    --writing a guidebook to Walt Disney World
    --Reading

Intrests:
    --Anything disney
    --costuming
    --getting started with RPG
    --old movies
    --writing
    --my dogs :) and cats
    --trivia :)
    --Die hard Denver Broncos fan since i was 3

I think that is about it. :)

3. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    OK....

First and foremost I am a Christian. Second most important to me is my husband and family. As far as hobbies go, I'm into any kind of sports, just about. I love soccer and football! I am a DIE HARD born and raised BUCKEYE!!! I also am an avid equestrian. I love to ride and horses are like therapy to me. I'm not a lifelong SW fan, but I started trying to get interested for my husband, who IS a lifelong fan. Now I am totally pumped about AOTC! I think it's going to rock! Plus, it has chick-flick appeal. I am also really iterested in costuming. My favorite author is Johanna Lindsey. My favorite TV show is definately Friends!!! My favorite actress is Jennifer Aniston. I am also a pop-culture and movie/celeb buff. I am really into music as well. I listen to all types. Seriously. In my car's CD changer right now: Christian Mix CD, Sarah Brightman, Backstreet Boys, Tim McGraw, and a mix CD that includes everything from Linkin Park to U2 to Britney Spears. Well....that's me in a nutshell I guess.

4. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Well let's see

My interest are
    My family My Wife & 4 year old Daughter and Son soon to be arriving.
    Music: Coldplay, Radiohead, Dave Mathews, R.E.M. ect...ect...
    Movies: Si-Fi, History (saveing private Ryan).
    Sports: I'm a hockey fan So The Bluejackets
    I like to read the paper and magazines (I hate to read books)
    I love to go boating and swimming.
    I love to have or go to parties & meeting new people.

Maybe this summer we could all get togather and have a cook out?

5. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Let's see. I love to read, particularly sci-fi, historical fiction, and fantasy.
    I like several different types of music, with emphasis on David Bowie, Sting, and Phish.
    I enjoy model building, though I'm not very good at it.
    I love movies, particulary historical (Spartacus, Ben-Hur, Das Boot). But I watch pretty much every genre.
    I enjoy hanging out with my friends when I can and spending time with my girlfriend.
    I've also been an avid Star Wars fan since I was about 5.

6. tk325

tk325 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm originally from Lorain, OH (30mi west of Cleveland). With my job, I have moved from there to Midland MI. (where my daughter was born), and from there to Louisville, KY. I moved to Columbus in November of this past year. My fifth wedding anniversery is coming up in May (what a gift, Celebration 2 :D ), and my daughter turns 2 in June. I am an avid sports fan, and like the Browns, Indians, and Blue Jackets (when they're not playing the New York Rangers!). I am a member of the fighting 501st legion of stormtroopers, and am currently working on a set of stormtrooper armor (maybe I'll wear it to the next meeting, I could use a trial run or two before celebration 2).

7. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Let's see, I was born and raised in Gahanna, but have pretty much spent the last 4 years at the University of Kentucky. Though I will be moving back to Columbus in May. I love my Wildcats! Though I must say that the Buckeyes are starting to grow on me. I'm also a Browns fan and my baseball team is the Atlanta Braves. I'm a Christian as well. I primarily listen to Christian and classical music but enjoy most genres. I spend a lot of time reading-science fiction/fantasy and history. I also love to play video games(mainly SW) and watch movies.

8. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm embarassed that I forgot to mention my wife! We've only been married 17 years, so we're practically newlyweds. :)

And I've been a Star Wars fan for 24 years, 9 months. I saw it on the first Friday of June, 1977.

Other things I forgot to mention:

Favorite drink: Geritol
    Favorite TV show: Matlock
    Favorite Crooner: Bing Crosby(I have all of his 78s)

Enough silliness. I was just starting to feel old. At least a new "Star Wars" movie will make me feel like a kid again!

9. deak_starkiller

deak_starkiller Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I too am a born and bred Buckeye(Go Bucks!!, Go Jackets!!!) orignally from Wintersville, Ohio.

The most important things to me are my family, my wife of two years and our three cats. My outdoor hobbies include playing tennis, rollerblading and playing hockey. My indoor hobbies include DVDs, Video Games, Toys and Computers. I am an avid reader, movie and TV watcher.

I love all aspects of Star Wars (the books, movies, music, toys, games) and spend way to much money on it. Star Wars has been a part of my life in some way, shape or form for as long as I can remember and I hope to keep it that way for as long as I can.

10. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    I was thinking that some new people might not know who to look for at the next meeting! So we can also use this thread to post pics of ourselves. That way we will be able to look for each other by face [face_clown]

So.....

[image=http://danaking.20m.com/images/colin_and_dana_reception.jpg]
    Here is a pic of Colin and I at our wedding in Dec. It's the most recent pic I have online of me. I'll try to get another one soon.

[image=http://danaking.20m.com/images/colin1.jpg]
    Here is Colin. This pic is a year old, but he looks pretty much the same. Except no earring now! [face_clown]

11. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    This is the only picture of me on the web. It's from a few years ago, but I pretty much look the same, except I currently sport a goatee.

[image=http://home.columbus.rr.com/lovecraft/images/memorial.jpg]

I know its a little dark, but its the best I could do.

12. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    ok, apparently my site has now forbidden remote images....But anyone can see pics on my website, if they want. Just check out the profile [face_clown]

13. sabo-wan

sabo-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2001
    As instructed, I've ventured into the "Tell Us About Yourself" thread. Now, to tell what there is to tell...
    I'm 20, a 2nd-year student at OSU, and obviously, a huge Star Wars fan ever since I can remember. Of course, I was only a year old when ROTJ came out, so I don't really remember the "glory days." :( Despite that, I have such a passion for the saga, that I decided to start The Star Wars Fan Club at OSU, so I could connect with other Star Wars fans at OSU, and now, hopefully I'll get to know all of you in the Columbus area better as well. Besides Star Wars I enjoy doing the following activities:
    *Hiking/Mountain Climbing, Camping, Fishing
    *Watching Movies and DVDs at the theatre or in my "Dorm Theatre" :) (complete with HDTV and 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Sound) :D
    *Reading (though most of my reading time is occupied by history books right now)
    *Listening to music...though my tastes are somewhat strange...I listen to mainly A)Classical and/or movie scores B) Dave Matthews Band or C)Orchestrations or remixes of Nintendo Music
    *Playing Video Games...Right now Jedi Knight II is my game of choice
    *Surfing the internet...the wealth of knowledge and useless crap out there is staggering, and I like to explore its murky depths ;)
    *Traveling...I don't get to do this nearly as much as I'd like, but I LOVE to travel...anywhere!!

14. a. block

a. block Jedi Master star 1

Oct 1, 1999
    I just graduated from OSU in March. I was supposed to be done in December, but I failed a class. So, I got an internship here in my hometown of Mansfield that substituted for my failing grade. My internship will be done in a week so I'm looking for a job (not very hard yet).
    I love most of the arts, especially film. I attribute my interest in film to Star Wars, of course. I've studied some screenwriting books and taken a few classes at OSU on films, one excellent and one not so great. So, I now mostly watch film for its "artistry". Once I started doing this I was afraid that I wouldn't like the Star Wars movies as much for fear that they weren't artistic. Well, I feel that they still hold up very well (especially Empire).
    I guess a few other things are that I'm into hockey. I played soccer all of my life up until a few years ago. I actually went to Ohio Wesleyan for 2 years, and I was on the soccer team my freshman year, but I soon hated it and quit. My music interests are classical and rock. Right now I mostly listen to the Beatles, Nirvana, and Beethoven (but not exclusively).
    Most importantly, I hope to get to know all of you quite well. The few friends I have have totally different interests than me, and that's true for my fondness of Star Wars. So, I can't believe that I've actually met some other Star Wars "freaks" such as myself. Hopefully we'll all get along and have some fun times.

1 month 'til AOTC!

15. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    Who has an AOL screen name or AIM ID? If you have one, either post it or PM me. I'm on a lot, and always up for a chat [face_clown]

Mine is Cabaline016

16. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    The IM name I use the most is SpideyMatt23. Feel free to send me a message.
    (a. block) Good to meet you and welcome to the group.

17. NAVYJEDI

NAVYJEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I grew up on a farm so I love the country. I love spending time with my girlfriend and my family. I'm interested in soccer, tennis, hockey (sorry Penguins fan first). I bleed scarlet and gray. I like most types of movies/music. I will read mystery, sci-fi, history, current event books. I graduated from OSU.

I'm trying to talk my brother into getting a degree in anything in the computer special effects area. That way he can go work for Lucas and I can visit all the time:)

I like to tinker around the house. Anyone watch "Trading Spaces" on TLC? Good show...especially when the other couple doesn't like what they did:)

-'nuff said from me

18. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, I guess it is my turn for the go around...

My name is Chris Rich(CJ) and I hail originally from Massillon, Ohio, where I must sadly return at the end of the quarter, but will promptly return two weeks before the start of the new schoolyear(YAY! My new apt is on W 14th, two closer to high from Indianola).
    I am a MASSIVE movie buff, and while I haven't seen everything, I seem to remember stupid stuff from each(especially the clerks movies and cartoons, Star Wars Saga, and movies like Suicide Kings, Usual Suspects, The Matrix, Cruel Intentions, Seven, Fight Club and Pulp Fiction). I have a growing dvd collection(started just before christmas last year) which is up to 24 films, and my video collection is up to just over 300 movies(God I love the movie channel here at OSU)...
    Of course The Star Wars Saga is my favorite.

Music, well, I live and breathe music almost as much as movies. I have a friend at home who has set himself up at the forefront of the music industry(especially hearing about bands noone knows yet). I listen to most music, with my heavy devotion paid towards hard rock, metal and the new punk sound. I go to concerts on a regular basis(whether I can afford it or not), and live for the pit.

I read constantly, especially now, as I am finishing out the collections of star wars and stephen king novels, and am prepping myself for my debut this week as the Gamemaster of our SWRPG faction of our OSU group...I like to be prepared...

I write and draw occasionally, and video games make up a nice portion of my free time outside of class. I am soon to be majoring in pharmacy( I should find out this week if I made it into Pharm School), and like to work out and talk on AIM. In case someone missed it, my name is RoaddoggOSU, and I am usually on, except when it is so beautiful outside that it hurts to stay in.
    My family consists of my parents and my brother(a junior in highschool), and our dog Pepper(German Shepherd/Black Lab - he was the runt of his litter, but we love him:)
    ) If you have anything else you would like to know, just ask, as I am usually open.

In closing, I would just like to thank the rest of the club for welcoming us from OSU in with open arms. I felt extremely at home this weekend and hope that we can continue to be a part of something bigger than all of us, maybe because of a force that binds us all together...

DISCLAIMER: If I do or say anything that offends you, please tell me and do not take it personally, as my general demeanor is being a dork. My sense of humor is a little too much for some to handle, so if I screw up, just tell me and I will make sure not to do it again!

19. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    A little something about me. Hmm. Well, my name is Chris Spears. One of the many Chris' in the group. I am an avid movie buff, with a nack for special effects. I have been writing and hoping to direct my first fan film sometime in the next 60 years! ;-)
    I have been a lifelong SW fan, and I still have the same passion I had for the SW universe as I had when I was 7. (I'm 23 now).
    The main interests in my life are my family and girlfriend, Macintosh computers, and I also enjoy searching the net for the weirdest things I can find. There is some sick stuff out there!

I have an AOL IM id, it is: yodadec79. If you see me on, drop me a line. That wraps it for me. Who's next?

20. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    I LOVE Trading Spaces!!!! That show rocks! I don't get to watch it very often anymore, because we don't have cable yet :eek:( But I am totally addicted to that show!

My other "guilty TV pleasure" is the Bachelor! It's on tonight and I can't wait to see what happens!

21. galen-kenobi

Feb 18, 2002
    My wife is addicted to the British version of "Trading Spaces", which is called "Changing Rooms". Its probably just my imagination, but it seems to be on BBCAmerica constantly. Either that or "Ground Force".

22. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    My AOL Id is PJ4me. I'd be glad to hear from any of you sometime :)

23. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    My aol screen name: admiral daala22....

24. Your_Local_Hero

Your_Local_Hero Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Im keith with the OSU troop.

my main pastime is writing. Im here at OSU majoring in english so i can be a novelist and be poor. Either that or i will teach...and be poor.

ive been into star wars since i saw jedi on tv when i was in the sixth grade i think. I have to say i was grabbed by the muppets at the end.

i also play guitar and bass guitar.

I love hockey, but i think im among the few non-bluejackets fans. Being from northern ohio, i was raised on the Red Wings. I know it sounds front runnerish but im a detroit fan. Im also into the browns and indians.

im sure theres other stuff i could say about myself, but i really cant think of anything.

25. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    hehe.....Kieth looks like "Kevin" from American Pie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.