main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Tell Us About Yourself

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by galen-kenobi, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I am Steve. I am also with the OSU group, although I am the one who has graduated. My main interest is of course Star Wars.

I also love all kinds of movies of all different genres, but I always love adventure films first and formost.

Sports is a big interest of mine as well. I am a diehard Buckeye fan and Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

I also like hanging out with my friends and just having a good time.

2. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I'm surrounded by Buckeye fans. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Guess I'll have to learn to like em. [face_laugh]

3. weirdojedi

weirdojedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    ok, i guess its my turn......My name's Brian, and i an a second year history student at OSU, i'm going for pre-modern european history, but my eventual plans are to come back to school,and go for astronomy, its just to hard for me right now.... well i play the guitar, the cello, and some drums... and i love cats. i got into SW when i was in Jr High, and at one point i had read every book and comic ever published, even the kids books, then they started coming out to fast, and i came to colege and i ran out of time!..oh well....i'm also kinda into babylon 5, a sci-fi sho that NEVER got the recognition it deserved....

i also must confess, that i have a slight..."fascination" for Trading places...

4. IndustriumAnimation

IndustriumAnimation Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Nice to see an active Columbus forum. Seems everyone's all excited about AOTC and fan parties but am I the only one into making a film?
    ok, a little about me since I'm new...Professionally, I run a small video/animation home studio. Personally, my interests include photography, illustration and digital art. I used to run a free textures resource for animators but it took way too much time to maintain, however it was featured in three issues of 3dWorld magazine in the five months it was going.
    Musically, my faves are Rammstein, Tool, classical, 80's metal/punk, and being from Nashville, some country music.
    Movie picks: Toy Story, Shrek, Matrix, Predator(s), Alien(s), Excalibur, MIB, Forrest Gump...too many to name.
    Well, enough about me. Hope to make a few friends here so feel free to contact me and if you have a skill, the interest and dedication, let's make a movie!

5. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I have a little bit of experience with film, but I know next to nothing about DV. There's a non-Star Wars idea I've been considering for a while, and its looking like DV might be my only way of getting it done. So if you're wanting to do a fan-film, count me in. I'm really curious about what DV can do.

6. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I would love to make a SW Fan Film...especially since Ohio state has these overpass things near the towers that I feel would be awesome to shoot a lightsaber battle on, then maybe digitize some stuff(besides cars and asphalt) beneath. Anyway, if you would like any help in any aspect(script, costume design, acting, etc, let me know and i will help to the best of my ability.

7. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I'd definitely like to help with a fanfilm if one ever gets off the ground. I have some skills in writing and acting and I've recently been dabbling in costume design. Let me know what you need :)

8. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorry this is so late! But better late then never??? =)

Well, first, my name is Donna, which you can see from my lack of creativity on the screen name. I have been a SW fan since A New Hope. I was five or six and I completely remember seeing it. The film was just amazing to me, a complete part of my childhood. My Barbie never once married Ken, she was married to my Luke doll!

I like to collect SW stuff, and have alot of it from when I was young. I have a complete set of ESB cards somewhere... I also love LOTR, so I have alot of items from that also.

Let's see.. what else? I'm in Human Resourses, love the Browns and the Tribe, and a HUGE DMB fan (just saw them the other night actually). Of course, I also love movies (have an interesting DVD collection of Ewan McGregor films) and love to read. Have read quite a few of the SW books. Favorite author has to be Tolkien though.

I think that is about it. I lead a pretty boring life really =)

9. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, I am brand new to the forum (I just found it tonight). My name is Steve and I moved to Columbus 3 years ago from Lima. I graduated from OSU last year and now work for Children's Hospital. I have been a Star Wars fan since my father took me to see it as a 7 year old in 77. I have a wife and a son who I had the pleasure of taking to see the ANH special edition when he was 7 in 97 (pretty cool huh?)My son and I are both really looking forward to AOTC and will try to go see it together on the first night it is open.

My other hobbies include: 1/6 scale military figure collecting, Disney pin collecting (my wife's favorite hobby), reading books and comics (which my son has recently discovered and I have re-discovered after almost 15 years).

My favorite movies include: Gross Pointe Blank, The Crow, just about anything Disney, and Ghostbusters.

I like a wide range of music including: 80s pop like Adam Ant and 80s new wave like The Cure, grunge bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam, Heavy metal groups like Tool, White Zombie and all the 80s heavy metal bands like Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. I also like quieter stuff when I'm in the mood from groups like Mazzy Star and The Sundays.

I enjoy watching sports with hockey being my favorite. I have been a fan of the Colorado Avalanche since they moved down from Quebec and also enjoy rooting for my new home team in the Blue Jackets.

I would be interested in coming to one of your meetings sometime if possible and wouldn't mind hearing if you have a e-mail newsletter or anything else. I can be reached at blythe.2@osu.edu feel free to drop me a line about your club.

10. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Yes. Pleas feel free to drop by. Maybe you can make the 27th meeting?

11. Italianjedi

Italianjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey there! This is Kevin. This is also my first post, so forgive me if it's not exactly thrilling (lol). I attended my first meeting today and I had a good time. I was the one with the NY accent and had the black leather coat on, and who also suggested the Digital Theatre idea. It was nice to put a face with all the nicknames. Per Colin and Dana, it also looks like I will also host your next meeting on Sunday, May 12, at 3pm...I'm sure that will be listed, though, in a separate thread that will be created later.

More about me...hmm, let's see here...I'm an electronics engineer, so I'm pretty technically inclined (does that make me a geek? lol). I am a Devry graduate. I'm originally from NY, although I have lived in CA, WA, and FL. I'm currently unemployed because of the crappy economy and of September 11 (so if ya know anyone who's hiring in electronics, computers, or telecom, let me know! grin).

I have a wide variety of interests, including theatre, movies, concerts, most music, animals (I have a show dog), nature, hiking, the outdoors, travel, theme parks, rollercoasters, and too many other things to list here... (I feel like this is a personal ad or something...lol)

I guess that's it. I'll post more about the digital theatre idea in a separate thread, probably starting early this week. Thanks for making me feel welcome at today's meeting. I look forward to the next one, as well as the Friday night party!

12. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Hello this is jordan blythe i was born in 8/7/91 my nick name is Jorda_Fett i started to love sw when i was 2 and saw the films in 97 when i was 7 and have been byeing the toys and every thing elce ever sence so thats me Jorda_fett slap a price on any body and i will hunt them down

13. Jenba-Bagro

Jenba-Bagro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    This is my first time on the Columbus board as well. I too love Trading Spaces especially the on where they put hey on the walls...what were they thinking? I have loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember but didn't become super excited about it again until ATOC (TPM left me beleiving there would only be an OT Star Wars for me) I am 24 and graduated from OSU. I wish I would have found this board a few months ago when I was trying to track down someone to watch ATOC with me on opening night. Not sure what the meetings are about exactly but I would definately be up for movie nights of the OT if you guys ever do that. Oh and I was wondering if there are any LOTR fans here. There usually seems to be some sort of overlap. I haven't been able to find a good forum for LOTR---the last one I read had about 20 some users trying to predict what would happen in the next movie and asking people if they knew any "spoilers" ;)

AIM: cavilleri00 (if you ever have movie nights)

14. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I like LOTR, but I've never read the books , so I'm not a true fan I guess. I just really really enjoyed the movie and the storyline.

Try The One Ring.

15. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    My name is Scott, I am 26 and I am originally from Cincinnati. I came to Columbus for school, and graduated from OSU with a degree in Aviation Management about a year ago.

Currently I work at the airport, which is significant because how many people can say they actually are doing something within their major?

With what little free time I have, I like to read, sing, act (was very active in high school, and am looking to get back into it), etc.

Okay this is sounding more like a personal ad then I was hoping for . . .

My first real memory of Star Wars are listening to the Radio Dramas on NPR. My dad used to pick us up from religious school every monday and wednesday, and after suffering through a hour of 'All Things Considered' (which ironically I now love), we were rewarded with being allowed to listen to the Dramas through dinner. Oddly enough, no one else in my family is really a Star Wars fan, I'm not sure where I get it from.

I have been trying to branch out into new sci fi 'outlets' (Witchblade, and Farscape just to name two).

My AIM as well as my Yahoo Instant Messenger ID is: ox608

16. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2000
    Hey, all! I'm technically new to the Jedi Knights of Columbus, as I haven't been to any meetings or posted here recently. Actually, though, I think I can make a claim to being the oldest hand here, as I was the first (yes, the first) JC member to try and get some activity going here on the Columbus board. Check out the backlogs if you don't believe me. I pretty much gave up and drifted from the JC for a while, and then left to go to school in Virginia. Much to my surprise and frustration, things exploded back here nearly as soon as I left! I'm back for the summer, anyway.

I'm 19, male, attending Patrick Henry College in northern Virginia. Been a Star Wars fan since just before the Special Editions came out, and a sometime SW collector for a few years as well.

My hobbies? Reading just about anything I can get my hands on, writing, sports (except soccer,) computers, cars, music, and a few more things.

AIM tag: Jccavie

That's all I have time for now, talk to y'all later. Hopefully I'll get to do something with the group eventually!

~YJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.