main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tell us about yourself.

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by JediSaralyn, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I believe that the planned meet for June as of right now is a dual meet between Providence and Boston for waterfire. :)

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    i could be wrong, but it seems Boston is kind of up in the air on this meet. There has been mention of discussing other ideas. You may want to confer with Scott or Dave further.

3. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Okay, I wasn't sure on it, but I think that RI is planning on it anyhow. :)

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Name- I'm not at liberty to tell
    Favorite Star wars movie- ESB
    Favorite non Star wars movie- Indiana Jones anything by Spielberg
    Favorite books- the Foundation Series by Asimov, Jurrassic Park
    Hobbies- High School, reading, camping
    city- Warwick RI
    age- 15

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Name: John
    Fave SW movie: ESB, AOTC
    Fave non-SW movie: Fight Club, Snatch, LA Confidential, Any Kevin Smith Film (to name a few ;) )
    Other interests Collecting (toys, comics)DVDS, Movies
    First time I saw Star Wars: 1977/1978
    Favorite Book: LA Confidential, Band Of Brothers, Harry Potter series
    Other Stuff: Native New Yorker and a life long Star Wars fan who just got his 1st Star Wars Tattoo :D

6. VortPiggy

VortPiggy Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2003
    Name: James aka "Piggy"
    Fave SW movie: A New Hope
    Fave non-SW movie: everything Science Fiction
    Other interests: Reading and writing Science Fiction (about 1500 books in my library), movies, TV, 80's music (new wave, alternative), some comics and computer games, cooking.
    First time I saw Star Wars: May of 1977
    Favorite Book: The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein
    Other Stuff: I have 2 daughters, 7 and 10, and I work at CCRI in Providence. RISFC member.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Name: Mike
    Fave SW movie: The Phantom Menace (I apologize in advance, please don't hurt me)
    Fave non-SW movie: comedy and action movies
    Other interests: video games, sports, TV, drawing lightsaber hilts (I hope to have my own lathe someday)
    First time I saw Star Wars: mid 80's
    Favorite Book: What's a book?
    Other Stuff: I'm married and have a 7yr old son (who is also my Padawan). I work as a CAD Operator for a marine engineering firm (where I do my hilt designs during spare time :D). Currently I'm going to school to become a Network Administrator and graduate in March of '04.

8. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Name: Kris
    Fave SW movie: Empire
    Fave non-SW movie: Shawshank Redemption, Gross Pointe Blank, Hunt for Red October, Last of the Mohicans, Lord of the Rings trilogy... I havout 30 movies in my top 10 list. Does Band of Brothers count as a movie?
    Other interests: computers, computer games, sci-fi books, web development, military history, RPGs
    First time I saw Star Wars: June, 1977. I was 3, and the stormtroopers scared the heck out of me.
    Favorite Book: Armor by John Steakley, Insurrection by David Weber and Steve White, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    Other Stuff: I'm from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Maine originally. I work as a web developer at a major toy manufacturer in Rhode Island ;).

9. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hmmmm i wonder which manufacturer that could be :p

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Oh, I know!!! :)
    It's Mattel, right? ;)

11. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Name: Erin H.
    Fave SW movie: Empire Strikes Back
    Fave non-SW movie: Shawshank Redemption, Lonesome Dove, What the Deaf Man Heard, Truman Show, Contact, Pocket Full of Miracles
    Other interests: Life, living. Dancing, reading anything that I can get my hands on, chillin' in my bathtub, photography, and learning
    First time I saw Star Wars: It was so long ago!! I remember watching them at home, and playing lightsabers with my older brother, so I'd have to say it was atleast 1985.
    Favorite Book: The Virginian, Tuck Everlasting (screw the movie!), BoM
    Other Stuff: I'm a member of the SLC FF, which is your sister city!! I post in your boards every now and then so I thought I'd take part in this thread for kicks :D

12. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Name: Mary
    Fave SW movie: The Empire Strikes Back
    Fave non-SW movie: LotR and Indiana Jones
    Other interests: Harry Potter, Charity work, working out and making costumers, er, having others make my costumes for me.
    First time I saw Star Wars: I was 2 years old and saw RotJ in the theater with my dad and older brother.
    Favorite Book: The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodle. BoM and Harry Potter.
    Other Stuff: I was once told that I should be the president of the Star Wars Fan Club, now I'm the City Rep for Salt Lake. I'm not seeing a difference really. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.