main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tell us if you have seen a film recently

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sith-I-5, Aug 11, 2013.

1. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    seen gravity thor 2 and catching fire will be seeing the hobbit

Yoshee likes this.
  2. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    I saw Catching Fire and Spaceballs recently. Catching Fire was extremely well done, and since they had a better budget for it, it definitely outdid the original Hunger Games movie. Everyone here already knows Spaceballs. It wasn't really funny at all.

Yoshee likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    There must be some, at least as far out as the distance of the Moon, which isn't hanging around the Earth because it likes the view.

Based on what was available at the point when I reached the cinema, I watched Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues on Monday. Good and funny film, very entertaining.

Not seen the first one.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

A significant improvement on the first movie. Excellent performances and set pieces and it all moved along much better.
    Smaug himself was a marvellous piece of CGI, voiced with great gusto by Benedict Cumberbatch.

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug it was ok but was a let down on the LOTR films. The effects were also odd. It made it look like a theatre/drama production in some scenes and a documentary in others. but I did enjoy it despite it being too long and weird effects

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Did you see it in the HFR version?

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Went to a free pre-release screening of Dallas Buyers Club.

Not a subject matter that normally screams out to me, 1980s homophobic rodeo rider goes to hospital with some injury and is diagnosed with AIDS - at the time only referenced as a "gay plague", and told he has thirty days left.

Someone who I strongly suspect was Matthew MacCon (I've no idea how to spell his name) naughey and Jennifer Garner. Impressive movie.

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Last film I saw at the cinema was.... 'RoboCop'.

Pretty good actually! Not to be seen as a remake of the 1987 original, but a modern re-telling of the story. Great visuals, great acting and an exciting story. Not bad at all.

Yoshee likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I think this is the best MCU movie after Avengers. It has an excellent supporting cast and a solid story with great visuals.

Yoshee likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    US friend of mine liked it as well. Said to be sure to stay through the credits.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Noah

This movie is pretty average I think. I felt very long, the story is widely known and although there are some differences much of it is still ridiculous. The acting is decent though and the visuals are not bad, the rock monsters are the most interesting and original thing brought to this version of the Bible story but they aren't around very long.

I wouldn't advise paying to see this, it's a DVD or TV movie.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd figured that. Reviews that I saw gave it two out of five stars. Sky Movies then..