main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Telling stories to the sky

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by O-Lana, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O-Lana

O-Lana Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Title: Telling stories to the sky
    Author: O-Lana
    Timeframe: Jedi Apprentice
    Summary: O-Lana tells a story about Qui-Gon's and Obi-Wan's adventures.
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns all the characters from Star Wars. I am making no money. At all.

I have to tell you my story. I feel the urge to do so. I need it. And I think it will be interesting for you. I hope so. So rest easy and read on.
    The sun is burning bright. But the air is fresh and pleasent. Birds are singing in the sky. We're sitting on the soft ground in the shadow of the glistening green trees. You and me - the one who is listening and the one who's telling the tale. My garden on Kegan is beautiful. Lush, jade leaves and clusters of dew-dotted blooms. It's an a little abandoned place, but I like it that way. I don't know of another place where we can talk in such peace. I don't even know why I'm still living an Kegan. It is my homeworld, yes. But I can't say that I like this planet very much. In fact, I can't stand it at all... But I have a story to tell.
    First allow me to introduce myself. My name is O-Lana. You know, that child the Jedi found on Kegan. That's me. I'm old now. Soon I'll be one with the Force. I can't travel anymore, you know. Sometimes I have the thought that my life is finished. I don't think bitterly about my weaknesses. I have realized that I'm eighty-nine. Nothing of the girl I was so many years ago. And I have nothing left except for my memory and my knowledge.
    My childish dreams were destroyed. By the Clone war and my own rash actions. And I must confess they are nothing I feel sorry for, nor would I miss. The will of the Force is unexpectable. Mine has been a rich, full life. Oh, that's a story I'd like to tell you too. In fact, there are many stories I want to tell you. I lived in silence for so many years. It's time to break it.
    You know, once I wanted to do good far and wide. I wanted to fight evil. I wanted to be a Jedi. But...
    But you aren't interested in my fate, are you? I guess, you'd rather read something about the adventueres of the magnificent Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his handsome Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. Oh, yeah. I remember some of those stories. And I'm going to tell you.
    I'll tell you about Obi-Wan and his Master. About Master Yoda, Mace Windu and the others I'm glad to have met and known once.
    The Old Republic. The Jedi Order. Those words mean so much to me. The Jedi were my family. The Republic was my home. It's all gone now. And it still hurts. Even so many decades later. However...
    Those were the old days and I was nine years old then. Obi-Wan Kenobi was twenty-two. Initiates were always talking about the older Padawans. So we knew almost everything about their missions. I was thankful to the Masters Adi Gallia, Qui-Gon Jinn and their apprentices Siri and Obi-Wan for bringing me to the Temple. I looked up to them. They were my heros. And, of course, I wanted to be just like them. In my daydreams I became Kenobi's Padawan. Everyone knew that he'd pass his trials soon. So I could be chosen by that time. I was so hopeful. And every time I met Obi-Wan in the Temple I felt like going crazy. He always grinned amiably at me and headed off.
    Once our group was sitting at the Mathematics classes. A subject I did really loathe. My friend Mysli, a lovely girl from Malastare, turned to me and whispered: "Lana, do you know that Master Jinn and his Padawan are back on Coruscant?"
    I shook my head.
    "They are!" Mysli went on. "They arrived this morning. I've heard they were on an dangerous mission in the Outher Rim."
    "Oh," said I aloud. The news left me dizzing and nervouse. I couldn't wait to learn more about it. The Outher Rim! Wow, it was so exciting. The teacher rose an eyebrown and glanced at us.
    "Tonight we will knew some details, I'm sure," whispered Mysli.
    I nodded.
    "What do you think, did they meet some bounty hunters?" A human boy next to us asked.
    "Why do ask?" wondered Mysli.
    "I don't think so," Tanuz, an aldaraan boy told us. "But I've heard they were tracked

2. KylieKenobi

KylieKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    this looks great ! Cant wait 4 updates.. im really intrested..

3. O-Lana

O-Lana Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    KylieKenobi thanks, you made me happy. :)

part 2

That day seemed not to end. Finally it was dinertime. Mysti and me ate in silence. We were to meet Tanuz and some other initiates after diner in Tanuz' room. He promised to bring his Padawan friend, who'd already spoken to Bant. It was like a spy game. We played it each time when we talked about the newest missions anyone were to.
    We found ourselves in front of the door of Tanuz' room. Even before we could knock Tanuz opened the door, which, on account of our being in the Jedi Temple, was never locked. He studied us intently and then made a motion for us to enter.
    The nearby floor lamp as well as the frilly lights on the table illuminated the whole room wich made a lovely picture. The human boy we've spoken to in the math class was there in the shadows. At the desk sat some other initiates.
    Tanuz sat down on the couch next to a tall human Padawan. "Sit down" he said, gesturing to the desk. I was so nervous and as I tried to do what he'd told me to do my hands were shaking so badly that I was full of shame. Finally, I managed to sit down facing the pair of them.
    "Very well." Tanuz said, glancing up at us. " This is Lo-dot. He knows some very interesting details about Master Jinn's last mission." I think our little group let out a little gasp.
    Lo-dot stole an intimate and meaningful glance at his friend and said: "Zenda was the planet he and his apprentice have been to. Zenda in the Outher Rim." He stopped for a few minutes and appeared to be studying us, who had fallen silent, staring back at him.
    "You're going to tell us all about it, aren't you?" Mysti asked.
    Lo-dot narrowed his eyes. "You want me to?" he asked.
    "Of course we do," someone behind me fired back.
    The Padawan nodded and smiled faintly as though this pleased him. I was about to faint.
    He nodded. "Last month Master Yoda met Qui-Gon Jinn in the Libary. You know, it was one of these 'unexpected' meetings, Yoda likes so much. He can meet you anywhere and anytime if he needs to see you. He told him that Zenda's ruling government had asked for Jedi assistance. There was a common, consistent problem with two warring leaders. The Republic is interested in coorperation with Zenda, wich has a lot of different natural resources. And the Council decided to send Master Jinn and his Padawan to observe the situation. They should learn if there was hope for civil cooperation for peace."
    "Was there?" A little girl asked breathless. I went silently crazy.
    "Patience, my young friend. I'll come to that part." Lo-dot answered shaking his head. He looked toward the floor in thought for a brief while, then continued. "Master Yoda asured them that this mission would be quite routine and easy. But Master Jinn doubt about it. They had been on several diplomatic missions that were suppose to be "routine" however turned out to be not so routine after all. He and Obi-Wan weren't greeted warmly on their arrival. The people of Zenda distrusted and feared the Jedi. I can hardly say why. But they did not like us at all. Bant thinks that the leaders had done all they could to spread fear of the Jedi to their people." Again, Lo-dot merely shook his head. "That's so silly." He paused. "Nevertheless, there was still hope. The ruling goverment was eager to bring peace to Zenda and wanted to coorperate with the Republic. The Jedi didn't interfered, they only report the Council about the situation on the planet."

(tbc - as soon as I can)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.