main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TELLL ME WHAT COUNTT DOOKU FIRST NAME IS

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rune Haako 2, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Bob Dooku

DarthKreVass likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thorvald Dooku.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    George W. Dooku.

Benny Hill Dooku.

Mohammed Ali Dooku.

Hannibal Dooku.

I got nuthin...

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Count Balzac de Monet Yoshi Yen Dooku. Anything worse than Sheev then you know whoever runs the show is a few Tie Fighters short a squadron. First we get "Sheev" , then they rip and copyright the name from a fan film from back in 2006 called "The Force Awakens", then they supposedly copyright a fan fiction name "Phasma". ;)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. Rune Haako 2

Rune Haako 2 Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2014
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Before they fought at Yavin 4.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well...

I must say if one day LF decide to put a first name for this epic guy then the name is a play on one of his other famous roles - Francisco Scaramanga, Saruman and so on.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Perfect.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    No wonder Dooku turned to the darkside, he was made fun for the name Francis since a youngling.

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    After Sheev, I'm not sure I want to know.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I would like at least one of the strong film antagonists to have a worthy name but it is a desire likely to remain unfulfilled.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Saruman Dracula Dooku

That is his real name

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I kind of like the sound of Atha Dooku, myself.

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He be emphasizing the Sheev.

Dooku was apparently a very early ally of Sidious/Palpatine's in canon(Tarkin novel and TCW). Outside of canon Sidious always used the threat of another apprentice against padawan Maul during his training, it is possible there was another or that other was actually simply Dooku. Also in non-canon Darth Plagueis and Sidious used Maul as a weapon and his implement was basically like Ventress of the TCW.

Anakin in non-canon seemed to have been one of the creations of Dark Plagueis's force manipulations and somehow once Sidious first meets this boy on Naboo instantly recognizes him as such and all of a sudden now this is his "true apprentice" - that all changes by ROTJ where now its actually Luke. The EU/Non-Canon stuff was rather bad handling all of that imo.

Naboo celebration. Dooku during the TCW series never seemed intent on killing Anakin on driving him to the darkside so both he and Sidious could use as their pawn, much like Vader's delussion of using Luke as their pawn. Luke also occupied the same spot as Kenobi whom Dooku tried turning but ESB Vader tried turning Luke both times it was to destry Sidious. It is unclear whether Dooku or Vader were truthful in actually using either of them to actually kill the Emperor or could just be a darkside ruse via temptation of doing something seemingly good.

Guess, I see it more at face value. Maul prematurely fell in combat, Sidious was distraught and believing his apprentice dead wasted no time in fully recruiting Dooku. During the Naboo celebration upon learning of the boy's victory against his grand plan by singlehandedly destroying the Trade Federation ship(inevitably their entire force there) saw an opportunity to influence such a young boy whom the Force was particular strong with and also likely learned that the Jedi mistrusted and feared this boy - so that was an added bonus and he too was aware of the boy supposedly being the Prophesied chosen one, so to turn this boy to his side with ensure his longevity. Dooku was already an older man, youth and vitality are vital for a Sith Apprentice as often the Sith Master is older and in need of a powerful and youthful assassin to do his dirty work -as soon as Luke entered the picture he was already yearning for a younger and more powerful apprentice to replace Vader was not only a cyborg but much older now.

Dooku also promised to Savage Opress the same thing he did with Kenobi, to destroy Sidious together, but this seems typical. As Dooku was always in fear and awe of Sidious' power, he ordered Ventress terminated upon Sidious' whim, and during SOD Maul feigned alliance with Dooku , and Dooku feigned alliance with Maul, which again echoes the others, but again Dooku remains ever faithful to his master Sidious. So it never really seems he wants to believe he would be replaced. Non-Canon has Dooku under the beleif that he and Sidious would create a new order of dark acolytes starting with Anakin. This seems canonized via the children of the Force and Inquisitor angles.

16. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Maybe I'm the minority here, but I actually love the bizarre first names for SW Characters, I find them to be good for a laugh. That being said, I do wonder what Dooku's first name is.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like some surnames but that is because they do not cause Cushy laughter.

18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    He made it up as he went along.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Dyfon Dooku.

20. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Before Episode 1.