main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Tempe Town Lake: ** Major update on page 2!!! ** (no food, backpacks, etc)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Cool, thanks Sideshow...

LP

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Major Update!!!!

OK, I went to the Tempe Town Lake 4th Website, and called their number and got some great (and not so great) info.

First of all:

No backpacks, no coolers, grills, no tents, no food. The only thing they will allow us to bring in is bottled water. :/ I guess this is part of the security restrictions, etc, but it's also a way to pad the vendors who will no doubt charge us $5.00 for a $.50 hot dog. :(

So we might was well keep on partying and eating it up at my place until we're really ready to go. Unless you want to blow lotsa $ on food there, of course. ;)

Folding chairs are allowed! That worried me, so I called back and got a solid answer. Whew. :)

Parking costs $5, but the bus is free. Info on the bus situation is here They are free, and thne smart thing may be to have us go to a park and ride and take the bus out there. It beats messing with traffic.

Once we are there, the best thing may be to use cel phones to find eachother. I've got Sideshow's #, and Kristie's, but if you don't have our numbers, you might want to PM eachother to get an extra number or two, just in case.

Oh, and I'm extra happy --the boss gave us all the 5th off, so I can sleep in on Friday!!! :D

3. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Just in case anyone has not picked up their advance purchase tickets at Safeway yet. The discounted price is only offered to customers with the club card. Just an FYI I didn't know when I went to go buy mine today.

MJA

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I still gotta get my ticket tonight. And I'm going to get a 1L of bottled water, since we can't bring anything else. :/

5. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Dang! I commute by bicycle. No backpacks means no Liquido.

What time will you head over? If you're going to BBQ late, I might be able to meet up with you folks there where I assume I could safely lock a bike up without prejudice.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm not sure when we'll be heading over. We'll post it later today. You can PM me for my number. I'll be checking throughout the day.

7. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I know that those of you at Obey Wanns party will be heading over en mass. But I was thinking of lone straglers, like myself. Do you think it would be a good idea if those from PFF that wander in, should hang around a perticular area like a booth or the bathrooms, and a member from the party can run (okay, walk in this heat) over once in a while and invite them to join the group. Instead of a buch of people wandering around all evening and even possibly ending up alone. It will be PACKED there I'm sure. I remember a few faces from the line up but that was months ago.

Maybe even some little "Hello I'm... PFF" sign or something because I dought we all look like our icons :p
    Unless someone has a costume on then it's reather obvious! :D

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I think cel phone tag might be the best way to get together, because I don't know what the layout will be like.

Maybe we will make up a PFF sign here at the apt though, just in case. :)

9. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I forgot to separate some sauce before I added the really hot peppers so I'm afraid the whole batch is nuclear. :) Sorry!

See you guys in a bit!

MJA

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Woohoooooo!!!!!

The party's on come on over!!!

11. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I hope you have a WONDERFUL time..sounds like great fun!! I wish I could meet you all there for fireworks..Flag isn't having any..YUCK!!

HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE!!

Think of me while you're having fun!! ;)

Jedi Knight Meg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.