main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG Tempes Feud

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Edheldraug, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Edheldraug

Edheldraug Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2013
    Hi everyone

A few months ago I bought the Star Wars d20 Revised Core Rulebook, and after some time studying it, I finally decided that I'm ready to have my group play the game.
    The problem is: I've never mastered any game, even though I've taken part in a lot of sessions of other games, and therefore I'm not really confident in my ability to write an adventure, let alone a campaign.
    While searching for premade adventures, I found one that seemed very interesting: Tempest Feud.
    I bought it, but when it arrived, I found out that it was tailored for 4 level 9 players.
    Obviously, the group that I'm going to have play this adventure is level 1, but the story seems kinda cool... How can I tune the difficulty down?
    In the intro there's written that beside every encounter there are instructions on how to raise or lower the difficulty to suit any group of players, but I can't seem to find it. On the base Rulebook there isn't anything either, so I'm asking if there's anyone here who's played this adventure already.
    My group is composed of 6 level 1 characters (I don't want to have them create a lvl 9 character), do you know where can I found a comparative table or something to tune the challenge down, but still be viable for such a big group? (I was considering using all base opponents from the core rulebook, but I'm afraid that after the 1st act it may not be a challenge anymore...)

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This belongs in games, I'll redirect you.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I would consider leveling characters up. Level 1 is the hardest level to GM.