main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Welcome to the Templars of Twilight

We, The Templars of Twilight, are an order of what is widely considered to be Grey Jedi. We do not believe in the "Lightside of the Force" or the "Darkside of the Force", we instead believe in the The Balance, the Harmony of the force. We believe that the force is a whole, not split into two halves that the Jedi or the Sith use exclusively. We also believe that The Jedi and Sith using the Light and Dark sides respectively have imbalanced the Force. And it is this imbalance that leads to increased destructive activities through the galaxy, increased 'Disturbances in the Force."

So we, as an Order, seek to move the Force towards a more harmonic state. We do this in a variety of ways depending on the situation. Subtle manipulations of things from the background, is normally how we act, Operatives in organizations making suggestions and deals to see things come to a point where harmony is stronger. However, we have, in our 400 years of existence learned that manipulation is not always the way, sometimes to bring harmony to the Force, one must use force.

We maintain our space far outside the known territories, deep in the Unknown Regions, past Chiss space, our infrastructure. The Remsian Republic, 'Officially' the result several colony ships launched in the early days of galactic exploration. The result of the colony effort was never known and so we used this information to our advantage. Here we maintain our resources, ships, mining operations, military efforts, all self sufficient behind a vast protective nebulae, Seamus? Curtain.

We are the Templars of Twilight, we stand on the line between Night and Day, between the Darkness and the Light. We are the Grey, the Shadow, The Twilight of Dusk and Dawn. We exist to maintain the delicate balance of life. We are the Templars of Twilight.

Templars of Twilight Ranks
    From lowest to Highest. Words in Italics are the Gamatsu translations.
    Initiate
    Genin - (pronounced /g/eenin) Low Ranking
    Gurei Deshi - (pronounced /g/oo-ray dehshee) Grey (gurei) and learner or disciple (deshi)
    Gin Deshi - (pronounced /g/ihn dehshee) Silver (gin) and learner or desciple (deshi)
    Gurei Shishou - (pronounced /g/oo-ray shee-sho) Grey (gurie) and master or teacher (shishou)
    Gin Shishou - (pronounced /g/ihn shee-sho) Silver (gin) and master or teacher (shishou)

Templar Castes
    Fire Warrior
    Water Warrior
    Ice Sage
    Wind Sage

The Council
    Kage (Kage Luminis & Kage Umbris) - Grandmaster of Balance
    Tsuriai - The Master of Understanding
    Gosei - The Master of Knowledge and Wisdom
    Seigi - The Master of Justice
    Sangai - The Master of Time
    Kiritsu - The Master of Order
    Kaosu - The Master of Chaos

Non-Force Related Groups
    The Office of Naval Intelligence (TONI)
    The Templar Navy
    The Templar Marine Corp
    The Twilight Trooper Corp
    Twilight Mining Initiative
    The Remsian Republic

Our Website
    Our Wiki
    Our Forums

This thread is now redundant

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Teehee! First Reply!

3. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    SECOND! WOOT!

...we found another hotel...:D

4. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Indeed Kev, lovely reply there, very Templar related :p

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    What? If I had done that, it would have taken me longer, then Kit would've beaten me to the punch. :p

Anyways, I believe it is time for a discussion, now that you mention it.

Would a Templar/Grey Jedi be able to live a life masquerading as a Dark Side Adept for the Empire in the days of the Galactic Civil War? For example, doing it so they could eventually bring the Empire down from within, and/or to hone their abilities in the force without being killed on sight for it? Would sort of be like the Twilight Jedi serving the Sith IMO.

6. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    The Twilight Jedi had no choice, they did it, or were killed, their families killed. A Grey Jedi theoretically could do it, but it would be a massive strain. Doing evil to end evil may work on occasion but not normally.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It could be said that in this case said Grey Jedi/Dark Side Adept had no choice, as he was a Dark Side Adept before he became a Grey Jedi.

In case you are wondering who I am talking about, I am talking about Kev-Mas I.

8. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Did he become a grey jedi while still a dark side adept and had no choice but to continue prettending as if he was 100% loyal to the darkside?

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    New place. Awesomeness.

On topic a bit more, yeah, I think a Templar could and would go Dark, it would just take a lot of reasoning.

10. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    I know, i saw right through your question.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes.

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Kev, it's on.

13. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    If, Kev, and I emphasis the word if here, a Darkside Adept were to, during his time under the Emperors thumb, discover himself to be more inclined to a central path over the wayward side. They could, theoretically, continue to act as that Darkside Adept in order survive till an appropriate time to escape. However, strain, mental strain, living with himself, doing monstrous things. Its not very easy to live with these things.

14. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Yes, it's not very easy, but it could be done. Now I understand the question more...I agree with caedus it would just take alot reasoning with yourself until a time where you could escape the situation, and seeing as the character of Kev tends to gravitate towards the "darker" side I don't see it being something he couldn't overcome.

15. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Many Grey Jedi, Templars, etc, get mixed up in the idea of balance. They think that to be balanced they need to use both light side and dark side, which goes against one of the main tenets of the Order: there is not light side or dark side. With their first thoughts they are pushing themselves out of balance.

To act as a Grey Jedi and also be a dark side adept would be very hard, indeed it might be impossible for some, especially underneath someone as demanding and suspicious as Sidious. It would be very hard to either not betray your true allegience, or to succumb fully to the emperor's or head Sith's service whoever the should be. Especially with Sidious, who was extremely powerful in the force and could sense sometimes when someone was going to betray him, or was betraying him.

Truthfully, I think only a very small handful of force sensitives would ever be able to pull it off without either going fully to the Emperor's allegience, or betraying their true calling.

In other news.... WHEEE!!!!!! NEW THREAD!!!!! *Rolls around in the newness* *throws a party*

16. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    -stumbles around at Dades party and pops balloons-

I have a question...Who was the original creator of the templar? I don't mean like Kev, Kahn, Dade, etc. I mean what character(s) created the templar?

17. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    http://templarsoftwilight.wikia.com/wiki/The_Founding_Seven

The Founding Seven was the term that the Templars gave to the seven founding members of their order. Their number was the reason that the Twilight Council had seven members up until the creation of the ranks of Kage Luminis and Kage Umbris. The seven members were Leor Danal, Derak Ja'huni, Dade Leviathan, Jonah Kass, Arla Kress, Tera Byssta, and Arlac Thene. Other than Dade Leviathan, all of the other members were Jedi at the time. They broke away from the Jedi and after finding Dade and being led to Zonama Sekot, founded the Templars of Twilight.

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Actually, at that time, Kev-Mas was nearly fully loyal to the Empire, he just had a different way of doing his job, so to speak. He basically was essentially still a Dark Jedi, he just had access to certain powers the others wouldn't touch, but he used them all to further the Imperial Cause, or for Selfish reasons. For example: He used Force Healing, but only for himself, and wasn't even capable of healing others.

So, he wasn't REALLY a Grey Jedi, he just shunned the barriers of light and dark, but he still was a very spiteful and evil person until his revelation shortly after the Battle of Endor.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    New thread! I love how the thread links into the Templar canon. Well done, Kahn. [face_peace]

I believe it is about time my Genin, s65horsey, enters the Trials. She has long been my student, and though her studies have hardly been orthodox, I believe that she is ready. She has proven many a time that she is capable as a Templar. There is little more I can teach her about the Twilight.

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    The council will convene and discuss this.

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The council agrees with your assertions, Sinrebirth that your Genin, s65horsey is ready for her trials. As such, I will be the council member conducting and overseeing these trials.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *bows to her Master and the Council*

I am ready.

23. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Kind of off topic...but the Cardinals lost. :(

24. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    New digs! About time...we completely trashed the old place.

Seriously, if someone read the old thread from start to finish, they'd be completely confused as to who we are and our structure, etc. Many, many changes over the short couple years since Kev started this group.

Anyway, glad to see the new thread...new beginnings perhaps?

~HK

25. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Indeed, we do hope to recruit, and not just force users either :p

Its good to see you HK, hows life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.