main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The, Templars of Twilight aren't grey jedi in the traditional understanding. Most people see that term and think of an individual, neither Jedi, nor Sith, practicing both aspects of the force, the light and the dark. That is not what we are. The Templars are not about mastering or using both sides of the Force. Its not about being able to use the Force in ways to heal as well as you can use it to harm or toss about lightning. The Templars are united by a similar philosophy, that, contrary to what Dade might say, is not so much a solidified belife that is the same between all templars but the understanding that the Force has no sides, that it is a naturally balanced, harmonic, and neutral force.

What unites the Templars is not that they all wield both sides of the force, as the two current Kage's Umbris and Luminis are polar opposites, or that they all dissagree with the Sith or the Jedi as many will tell you that aspects of both sides are correct while others are flawed. What they are united by is the understanding that while the Force is a naturally harmonic force, we users, Templar, Sith, Jedi, Jenssari, Light, Grey, Dark, Rouge, are forces that act to imbalance that. What this means is that we unite in the understanding that we are obligated to keep other forces from throwing the Harmony off. And this isn't an issue of numbers, as the Rule of Two kept the force in relative balance for a very long time. We just understand that nobody else is going to actually bother about balance. to the Jedi, to balance things is to nuke anything not Jedi. to the Sith, its to nuke anything not their own particular brand of Sith.

The Templars are inheirently a small order, a few hundred to a few thousand at any point in time. "Too few and we're ineffective, too many, and we're the cause of our own problem." Its one of the reasons they assisted in the founding of the Remsian Republic, as a safe haven for themselves, as by themselves they would be ineffective, thought this also has lead to them changing to being a more "neutral" version of the Old Jedi Order.

But I'm rambling.

In regards to you joining, without meaning to be mean in any way, the council would have to meet and discuss it. You could ver well be serious about joining and staying, but as you've said, you are well known for joining and order, leaving, joining another, leaving, rejoining the old one. And we do, try to take ourselves a little seriously, especially when we embark on joint RPs like we will eventually in the later parts of maybe 129, and other ABYverse games. I won't be available for a solid meeting time till at least Sunday, when i get back from Vacation, till then I'll use my Kageship powers to bestow upon you the rank of Initiate. And come Sunday, we'll have the council come together. :)

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I understand, Cage Iceay, and thank you. I guess I understand your explination concerning the Templars. I certainly understand why the Council would want to discuss my membership. You are not being mean at all. I know this is a serious group, and only those individuals who are serious about joining should be permitted to become members of this order.
    I will also understand if the Council says no to my joining this group because of my past reputation of joining and leaving groups. I accept my rank of Initiate until the Council says otherwise.

Thank you again, Cage Iceay.

:)

3. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Oki doki

*clears throat*

Prj1, The Council has come to a unanimous decision regarding your request to join. It has been approved, though there are some stipulations, one of which is actually normal for all initiates if my memory serves right.

1. You must remain an initiate and remain active for 2 weeks. This time period started the moment I gave you that rank. 10/7 8:47pm. Now this doesn't mean you have to post every day, just reply to the discussions going on. Some of us are busy so you may go a day or two without anything to post to, don't worry though we won't hold it against you.

2. In regards to your tendency to leave orders. well for one we're going to try and keep your interest, we have an RPG coming up soon called Balancing Act, so you'll be able to participate in that. However, we, as a Council decided that should you decide to leave, we won't stop you, but we won't be under any obligation to let you back in.

3. In regards to your inability to pick a 'side' light or dark. We hope for you to realize you don't have to pick just one. I myself am personally Kage Luminis of the Templars of Twilight, Battle Master & Echani Master of the Guardians of Light, and I am also Darth Avarice, Sith Apprentice of the Dominion of Darkness. If you're incapable of picking an element that displays who you are, if you find yourself displaying tendencies that generate characters of both the light, dark, and shades of grey, create them, join an associated order, join them all if you want and can. But most importantly have fun, its why we're all here.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I, Initiate prj1, agree to all of these terms and conditions. I would like to thank every member of the Council for approving my request to join this great order.

I have a question.

What kind of tasks do the students have to do for their teachers?

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome prj1! Glad to have you here.:)

I actually have a question as well. Since I have been here over two weeks, and been active, does that mean I become a Genin and get a Master?

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I will have to get use to these rank names. They are very unique, and interesting. I have seen the light and dark side views of the Force, and now, I look forward to learning about the Force in a new way.

Thank you Mitth_Fisto for the warm welcome.

7. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Yes Mith, you are now a Genin and can be taken by a Master, did you have anyone in particular in mind? And to your question prj1, each master has their own take on training, though there are some tasks that are standard. As for our names, they were Master Leviathan's idea, they're based of Gamatsu, our own official language, which is in turn based off of real life Japanese, not Naruto like some people think.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Will I was looking at possibly you or Dade if you don't have a Genin.

9. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Dade is busy with a personal project, I'm free however, when I'm not working on the Echani, Wiki, or Roleplaying. I can take you on as a Genin. But you will need to designate what caste you wish to join, and what it is you hope to accomplish... and be warned that I sometimes get enthralled in my work and forget things.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That is quiet alright, I would be honored to have you as my Master. The caste I wish to join is the Wind Sages, as for what I wish to accomplish...besides advancement and understanding, with some fun/enjoyment from creation, I do know.

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Congratulations on your promotion, Mitth_Fisto.

Thank you for the Help, Cage Iceay.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    not a problem PRJ1, and you can just call me Kahn.

And Mitth, Wind Sage eh? Understanding and Mastering of the Force, either the Light, the Dark, or an attempted balance. I am, admittedly, more of a physical combat teacher, though Vincent is what i like to call a "Water Sage" a sort of hybrid between a Water Warrior and an Ice Sage. So I can teach you in this regard. What exactly is it you hope to learn?

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I would be aiming for an attempted balance, with perhaps a side proficiency with plant surge from the alteration force abilities, but what I most would like to learn is how to be able to fight where the lightsaber is minimal to not necesarry against another lightsaber wielding apponent.

Thanks prj1

14. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Well, Wind Sages are either skilled in an unarmed form of combat, such as Echani, which I've come adept at roleplaying, or use the force as a weapon and a shield to combat their opponents. Either by keeping up an amount of energy exchange (Force pushes, Force Lightnings, etc) between them and their opponent to hold them back, or by literally using it as a weapon, I don't recall the name but I believe there's a power that lets one create using the force, not a lightsaber blade, but a manifestation of the force that can be used to block lightsabers. Ray is effective in blocking lightsabers and deflecting blaster bolts.

Where as a combat style, say Echani, you'd be trained to use the force to guide your movements to avoid lightsaber strikes through fluid motions and strike with your hands, or the Force. Tsurugi Enkatsu, the combat form I teach, combines Lightsaber Combat, Echani Martial Arts, and Force Form into a variable combat form in which one can fight with or without a lightsaber. You can read more on it here. http://templarsoftwilight.wikia.com/wiki/Tsurugi_Enkatsu

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  16. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Phase? I admit this is the first i've heard of this and it seems... a bit far fetched. I gather that its official, but then again so is the understanding that 1 ISD costs more then a whole Star System, bit... unbelievable. However if one could use this ability it would be more an evasion ability as I doubt anyone but someone who's spent years practicing just it could use it to phase through weapons. Force weapon is also a very effective ability for this, as a wind sage could carry a simple walking staff and use it as a weapon.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this Phase ability?

17. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Phase is also far-fetched in my opinion, but canon is canon. The way I would look at it, it would be a very unique and very high level power that not only took years to master, but a power that only a handful of Force users throughout history could learn, like battle meditation, art of the small or other similar powers. If you wanted your character to know it, especially in an RP, we would expect you not only to convince the GM of the game that you would play it reasonably, but you would also have to convince us, the Council.

And prj1, it's spelled Kage, not Cage. Loosely translated from Gamatsu, it means Master of Shadow, although literally translated, it just means Shadow. Shadow in Gamatsu is used to represent Twilight, or harmony unlike how it is used in many other languages to denote something that is secret or close to evil.

And Wind Sages don't always learn Echani for the hand to hand. Many also learn either Teras Kasi, or Matu'kate (Mah-too-kah-tay) which is a hand-to-hand art that incorporates the force in its blows and blocks. Matu'kate was invented by the early Wind Sages and is the usual hand to hand art Dade's apprentices learn as he is a Master of it.

18. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Well Dade I was just using Echani as an example, as its the Art which I know.

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Thank you for the correction, Dade.

I am an Aqua Woman myself. What about water powers?
    Is there a section for that here?

20. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    With the exception of Alter Environment and a few other nature-manipulating powers, there are no force powers that relate to water.

Water Warriors, however, base their philosophy on water. Water Warriors have a belief of "Mind like Water." This means that water reflects everything when it is calm and serene, but reflects nothing when it is disturbed. Their chosen methods of philosophy also reflect how water can be gentle and serene, or the most destructive force on a planet.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I can't seem to find Matu'kate on the Twilight Wiki, which is just weird if the Wind's invented it. Is it basically the incorporation of a martial arts technique with the use of force techniques like Ray and the force telekenetic reach extender to further the blows? If so I would think learning something like Echani fighting techniques would enhance a student or pratictioner to adapt such learnings to create a varient form.

Of course I don't think I would name it, but it will be neat just to learn how to do one of them accurately and convincingly.

22. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Matu'kate is likely a page Dade hasn't made yet. As for Echani, Echani, as a combat style, has proven to be very capable of dealing with Force users in combat. Yussanis was capable of fighting on par with Revan for a while. In canon i believe, Brianna was able to defeat Atris. The Sun Guard were Sith Cultists and their combat style greatly incorporated an understanding of the force. Echani was taught to the Red Guard, the Royal Guard, and the Shadow Guard (which means Yes kev, Kev-Mas knew Echani). Echani's teachings of how to read an opponents movements is akin to how a force user lets the force guide their movements, or let them see their opponents movements. This is why I think that Echani is one of, if not the, best Martial Art to incorporate into Force Combat, its versatility and its history of being used by, and against Force Users makes it perfect for the situation.

23. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    After I complete my initiation, and become a student, would it be possible to be trained to become a Water Warrior?

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, all I can say is this why I find Echani cool. Mando's are tanks in every way with their beskard, and even if they demean Echani as people prancing about the battle field to interested in the fight instead of the battle...just shows how jealous they are;)

So when do we begin training?

25. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Soon as I figure out exactly how I'm going to handle your training. Wind Sages focus on the Use of the Force, so there would would be a good place to start. So lets see. First we'll need you to have a Character. Go here and make a CS, take your time, think it out. When its done, PM it to me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.