main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Water Warriors, Fire Warriors and Ice Sages do not train to become their respective Caste until they reach the rank of Gurei Deshi. Wind Sages are the only caste the requires the student to begin training at Genin level. If you really want to begin training as a Water Warrior while a genin, that's perfectly fine, but it's not recommended. Once you pick a caste you cannot change your choice, especially in the case of Wind Sages. Water Warriors, Fire Warriors and Ice Sages can change their caste if they have enough time left to train and have council approval. Wind Sages, however, can never change their caste choice.

It's all up to your master. If your Master is not a Water Warrior, it is discouraged from them teaching you in the ways of a Water Warrior. Kahn is a different matter, since he is not only a council member (and thus privy to all the secrets and philosophies of all the castes) but he is also taking advice from Me on how to train a Wind Sage.

I'd offer to teach you the ways of a Water Warrior, since I"m essentially the only one qualified to teach any caste since I made them all, but I just don't have the time at the moment. If you cannot find a Water Warrior master and really want to learn the ways of that caste while you're a Genin, however, I can probably move some things around to accommodate you.

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I do not mind if my training is slow, since I am slow-paced myself. I would very much like to be trained as a Water Warrior, and I would be honored to have you as my master, since I am familiar with you.
    Character sheet? That scars me coming from Kahn.

[face_laugh]

I have seen his cs requirements. May the Force be with you, on that task, MitthFisto.

:)

3. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Actually the Character Sheet was made by Dade.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005

Just teasing, Kahn. You are a great cs maker.

I have always thought of the Templars of Twilight as a Grey Jedi order. If this order uses both light and dark Force powers, I still do not understand why it isn't Grey.

5. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    We're grey in the sense that we walk the line between the "Light and the Dark" but we aren't grey in the sense that everybody does use the light in the dark. I, myself, with Vincent II, use only lightsided powers, though he has used Force Lighting on one or two occasions, but so have Jedi. It depends on the definition of Grey that your using really.

6. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    If you do want me as your master, you're going to have to wait for a while until I get enough free time to move some things around. I'd recommend looking for another master in the mean-time if you have a problem with possibly waiting over a month before your training starts.

7. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    Speaking of busy masters...has anyone heard from Kev recently?

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I do not mind waiting for you, Dade. Take your time. Besides, I am still an Initiate.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, Kahn.

9. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    Yes. He is very busy with school right now, though.

10. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Ok, thanks Dade.

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    ah. So that's why Kev hasn't been on the JC to receive and answer my PM.
    Thanks for the information, Dade.

12. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    There is at least one Water Warrior Master that could accommodate that training...

13. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    If you think you have the time, you're more than welcome to. But I thought you were too busy?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You know, I don't think I ever truly understood what rank I was...

*chuckles*

15. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    You're a Gin Deshi, I believe. A knight, for the lack of a better word.

16. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Well I'm not saying it has to be me and Dade you certainly would be just as or more effective than I however, since she admittedly goes at a slower pace and I am a Water Warrior, it may be a good fit. And that's assuming the Council approves and she accepts.

Let's let her complete her two week requirement first and go from there. I'll keep an eye on things here in the meantime. By the way, where would one RP the training anyway? On the offsite? Which one is the most recent one?

~HK

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A knight after all these years of contributing? I'm the Jaden Korr of the Order. [face_laugh]

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    How many years has it been? I just became a Genin so I really am intrigued to find out Sinre.

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    My appologies for not posting here in a few days, but I have been busy organizing my new forums. My Storm Boards account got suspended, so I had to look for a new place, then set everything up; starting from scratch.
    Now that that is over, I have returned, and I hope I haven't failed my initiation because of lack of activity.

Hello, HK, It's been a long time. Good to see you're still around.

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    *returns from Vacation* I see we have Activity.

I've got some PMs from Mitth about his character, gooood, *glares mildly at Sinre* I PM'd you... days before I left on vacation, and then i'm gone a week and I still haven't gotten a response from you. Am I no longer worthy of your attention?

21. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Do we have a topic to discuss? Is there an offsite that I need to register on to be trained?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I want to discuss Kreia and where she fits in with us, if at all.

I view that she was playing the 'role' of Darth Traya, getting herself killed in order to save the galaxy. She tried to foist the title on Atris, who screwed up royally, and so Kreia needed to make absolutely sure the Exile was strong enough to stop the True Sith. Kreia's actions single-handedly annihilated the sanctimonious foolish Jedi that allowed millions to be butchered by the Mandalorians and also crushed the Sith who had crossed over from Empire-builders into genuine monsters that would destroy everything...

If she doesn't fit in with us, do we approve of what she did?

23. Duke_of_Dementia

Duke_of_Dementia Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2009
    I think so. She was, so clearly, not a Jedi or a Sith. Her actions, were more... Balanced then any other canon character then I have ever seen. She did dark things, yes, but she manipulated everything in a way so that the corrupted light and corrupted dark was purged, that he force was in essence slatted clean. It was, when playing it confusing, if you looked back though, it made more sense. I think, that even if she wasn't something we'd consider a Templar, what she did, was something that we could understand and relate too.

24. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    I think that though Kreia was "grey" she did not share our beliefs, or anything resembling them. Her motivation was revenge on both groups of force users, not the balance. Her need for revenge may have just been against force-users in general.

As for our approval. I think she should receive it. Though, our motives would have been different, there was definitely an imbalance in the force which she corrected. Again, her balancing it was an accident, not her intent.

Just my $.02

25. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    We would approve of her motives and her intentions, as well as the outcome she achieved. We would not, however, approve of her methods. But we wouldn't condemn them either. So we would condone what she did. We just wouldn't be running towards her with a congratulatory cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.