Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    But, weren't Kreia's motives to hurt or damage the force itself? I thought her balancing of it was merely an unknowledgable side effect of her vendictive mission without care of life, or force groups, on any fundamental level beyond vengence and retribution against those that messed with her plans and efforts. It has been awhile since I played through KOTOR II, but just my half-a-cent.
  2. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't expect a reply from Dade for a while. He got DragonAge yesterday. He's gonna be dead to us for a while. Which is annoying. I'm still waiting on his Wind Sage notes.
  3. kit-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm dying to get my hands on that...

While we wait on a reply from Dade, I have a question. Do we believe in the Potentium? or in sides of the force?
  4. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    I do think we covered that a few pages back. We have a very Potentium view of things. We see the "sides" as an individual's definition of the force. Not to say that some of us don't use the side terminology
  5. kit-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Woops, I forgot about that discussion a few pages ago.

Anyway, bringing up KOTOR 2 made me think of the first one. What does everyone thinnk of jolee as a "grey" Jedi?
  6. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4
    Because he himself says that he doesn't see the force as "light side versus dark side" he just sees shades of grey.
  7. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Now there's one I've never heard of. I will have to read up on him before I give my opinion.

:)
  8. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    We Templars are quite finnicky. But we know what we want.
  9. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    And kahn wants Dade to hurry up with the Wind Sage notes. Or he'll find some other way of training Mitth
  10. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Well, Phase has made it into Cannon in the novel Abyss as one of it's fluke abilities that seems to have all the Jedi Knights of that era stymied that such a thing is even possible. Guess they are as incredulous as us about such a thing.

What would the Templars say about the Mind Drinkers of the Maw? Or are they more of a moot point effectively.
  11. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    They're, interesting. Their ability is likely worth study, their existence is intruding, so many philosophies in one place.
  12. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Yes, and 'Phase' was a Celestial skill, as well.

I think the Templars could do very well to learn from the Mind Drinkers, but it'd be dangerous while Abeloth is around. We'd be infected by this madness like everyone else... but its the closest we've had to a faction which seeks to override all boundaries and learn from all sides - the closest we've had to a Templar... Jensaarai were close, as were maybe the Imperial Knights, and of course a few certain individuals such as Revan, Kreia, Qui-Gon Jinn, Vergere and Jacen Solo, but the Mind Drinkers are certainly something special - at least philosophically, though martially we're closer to the IKs and Jensaarai, IMHO.
  13. Master_Starsun Jedi Knight

Mind Drinkers are not to be trusted... trust me.
  14. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    No posts in over a month, surely interest in the Grey/Potentium/Unaligned force philosophies hasn't fallen so far. Or is it simply a lack of people having time hm? Time is a commodity that few of us have any more. maybe I'll take a swing at a subject.

The Throne of Balance. Thoughts on it? Personally while I find the concept interesting I find the name horrible. Not because it has absolutely nothing to do with Balance, but because as a plot device, in its specific role, it sounds like it was named from some bad fan fiction. Even with the Templars and their belief in Harmony and Balance I don't think we'd make a chair that our Kage sat in and call it the Throne of Balance, its a bit, self centered. Honestly "Altar of Seeing" or "Toilet of Visions" are better choices. Ok, not the last one. But really while the concept is certainly interesting and its use is, well interesting, its name is shoddy.
  15. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    An interesting idea, but overall I fail to see the significance beyond a simple way to visualize a future. Balance being idealized, almost as the ultimate good for the many (as Luke saw not necesarrily for the object bringing it personally) verses the Throne of Chaos that benefits the few and terrorizes the many, but the top are a happy few.

Cliched out the Yin-Yang yes, but if the writer had a block I guess I could forgive it simple for the simplicity to portray an idea without having to further delve with chapters and pages of work to share the same thing.
  16. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    "Throne of Balance"? I really do not like that name. I agree with Kahn.
    That name would have to be changed.

I appologize for my long absence. My interest in becoming a Tempplar has not changed. I am ready and willing to learn when someone wishes to train me.

17. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Sadly activity has fallen off. Kev has fallen off the face of the map, and Dade has been absorbed in various projects of real life leaving me and Sinrebirth the only individuals capable of training. Sinre is of course always busy, and I don't have access to all the training notes.
  18. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    So sorry to hear that, Kahn. RL can be very cruel. I will do my best not to forget to stay active in this thread. I saw some links on the first page of the thread that I probably should click on, with the exception of the previous thread's link. I need to learn more about the Templars. I believe there is a wiki link or something that will lead me to some information.

Yes, I read the first post on page 1, and I found the Templars' website, Wiki, and forum links. I made a "Templars of Twilight" folder in "Favorites", and saved the links to the site and the Wiki.

19. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes we have a wiki. I try and update it whenever I find something out of date, its a bit slow though.
  20. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
  21. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    Lurking...or stalking? Sinre, you lurk on just about every board in the EUC min. the unimportant ones lol.
  22. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    EUC is my old watering hole, after all. [face_peace]
  23. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    He has to return here once a day or that government issued ankle bracelet will go off in GLORIOUS fashion.

hmm... Glorious... Nah I think I'll channel my inner Ramza...

FABULOUS!
  24. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    So that's the disturbance in the Force I felt; Sinnre lurking.

:D

[face_mischief]
  25. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I feel something...a presensce I haven't felt since...
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.