main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Anybody else got any questions? anybody? *makes sure the lurkers get the question so they can ask*

2. SaddhaQinntara

SaddhaQinntara Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    Hey can I join this club of yours?

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Welcome! I'm sure one of the Kages (our leaders) will be along shortly to welcome you further and discuss what you need to do to join.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *considers*

Why would we need to take out Palpatine? It's the Sith vs Jedi argument, so why should we get involved?

5. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    SaddhaQinntara I remember you, you incited a lot of unrest and issues around June of last year in regards to us. We don't forget these things so easily, and as such, your request to join, will take a bit more consideration than the usual one, we can't keep you from posting here, that would violate the TOS, but as for the group itself, we have to discuss this.

I don't necessarily think we would, a single individual of the Templars (i.e. Dade) might take it upon themselves to do so, but as a group we probably wouldn't, Especially considering the situation. Palpatine was a very public figure, and well protected, you can't just take him out and not cause more chaos than balance. Not to mention, even if we wanted to, its unlikely we could, Palpatine wasn't exactly an easy target in reality.

6. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    You also have to take into account the fact that once he died at Endor the first time, much of the Empire fell into Chaos almost instantly.

This is attributed to the fact that Palpatine used his Battle Meditation and his ability to see into the future to shape nearly every action he took, also shaping the actions of others.

Also, eliminating him would have created a power vacuum, not just among the Empire, but the Sith as well. We try to keep balance, but leaving Darth Vader as a newly chosen Sith, would be dangerous, more so than a highly trained and manipulative Palpatine.

7. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    Not trying to get too far off topic but... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!!! [face_love]

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    For those of you waiting to see how the Battle of Utapau from 128 ABY turned out for the Twilight Jedi, who eventually joined the Twilight Templars, I've posted up the Ending to 128 ABY - 129 ABY - Betrayals Aftermath, featuring all of you who were involved in that RPG - Dade, Kev, Kahn and Maya. [face_peace]

9. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    you still didn't fix the part about the Morning Star's Asynchronous Linear-Induction Cannon. Other than that its great, but i wrote that huge page to make no one confused about that type of cannon, so its nagging me that you got it wrong. I mean, I haven't written about 35% of the wiki for people to ignore it :p

10. SaddhaQinntara

SaddhaQinntara Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    Oh, that?s right I remember you guys too. You like to tout being "grey" just so can have an excuse to use Dark and Light abilities, when in reality being grey is just a philosophical outlook.
    And by the way, Templar is still supposed to be the plural word. You still have your organizational name wrong.

I've decided you really aren't worth joining anyway, so adios.
    [face_peace]

Sey Edit: Let's not bait.

11. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    This situation seems rather familiar...:p

It's a shame you can't be more undsteranding of our group though, if you didn't jump to lash out just because you weren't accepted right away, you may have found that you like it here.

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ignoring is the best way to make him go away guys. ;)

13. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I think that he make like it here if he gave it a chance, I wasn't going after him with my statement, I was being serious about him giving us a chace.

14. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Yes, ignoring is the best method, but i would like to bring to an end one very annoying thing.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Templars

Templars

1. Plural form of Templar.

Yes, well, its obvious the has no intention of joining. He's simply a troll, nothing more, nothing less, you can see that from his posting history.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
  16. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Ignore him please. You're just feeding into him by replying to him.

17. DarthZordon

DarthZordon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2009
    Umm one question.... can I join?

18. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Yes of course, all are really welcome, just those who are not kind, or curious, or those who are simply here to cause issues, their the ones we would rather not deal with. All other however, are welcome and free to join the Templars of Twilight :)

19. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Hi DarthZordon!! Nice to meet you!:)

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yay! Potential new vict- I mean member!

21. DarthZordon

DarthZordon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2009
    thanks's Kit!

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    So, it looks like the noobs are popping up left and right. Where do we begin?

Oh, hi DarthZordon.

23. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006

Awww...Sey!:( Don't chase him away just yet! I'm completely craving a good debate over our philosophies! *shakes his head* It gives us a chance to defend and really think through our position and various ideals. I think a good intellectual challenge is good for us...as long as everyone plays fair.

Anyway, welcome DarthZordon! Enjoy your stay and please join the discussion.

~HK

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm guessing from the reaction of the others that the option you lay out, HK, isn't what people want or are going to get from this guy.

25. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Agreed...and unfortunate. I do so enjoy debating with someone who can hold and defend respectfully, an opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.