main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Templars of Twilight: Guardians of Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kahn_Iceay, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    The likely hood that they are related to us is, slim. The chances that they are even remotely related to us, slim. They are, more than likely, a Darkside group, knowing canon.

2. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    That would fit to the lines that have been happeing in Star wars lately. Although they could also be related to a sith order...I wouldn't mind seeing some "good" sith (I.E. a group that is "lightsided" but evolved from within the sith order itself. Perhaps they left Ziost or Korriban before the Hyperspace war occurred.

3. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    A nice group based on us or a group of Sith who are not fully consumed by emo like emotions and driven by self absorbed and obsessed motivations. But both of those out comes are unlikely, as much as the fans would like something, as much as individuals like us have worked a fanon that is quite believable in canon, chances are, they will never be adopted into canon in any major way. Its not something simple like naming the GFFA, as nice as it would be, as, well suiting as it would be, its unlikely to happen. And then, if it does, we'd loose a good deal of power of our groups development in actual canon. So the concept of having the honor of being adopted into canon, while fun, has hits downside.

4. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    That's very true and they could actually ruin what is already established as canon by the fans itself (which would happen) actually I've talked to a few of the writters and was informed they are not allowed to write anything written or "implyed" by fans.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    They probably aren't allowed to write fan made material into their stuff because of a superiority complex. :p

6. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    that's part of the reason I'm sure. They told me that it was because of "legal" concerns and it would "upset" part of the fan base (basicly if they do one fan created Idea they would get sued and at the same time get more fans complaining that they won't do there ideas)

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I disagree. Some of the conjecture made on the Lit boards has made it into canon, as too has some concepts on Wookiepedia which were made canon. Lemesee...

List of Fanon Elements in Continuity.

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    That doesn't make sense, because if a fan creation WAS used, a fan would not sue for one of two reasons:

1. It is impossible to sue over fan works. By all intents and purposes, any fan work is ineligible for copyright, for obvious reasons. It wouldn't stand up in court.

2. Or, more simply, many fans would LOVE to see their works canonized, even if they aren't given credit.

9. kit-kenobi

kit-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2007
    I think it would be pretty cool if we were introduced as canon, but I doubt it will happen, and as Kahn said being canonized would have its downsides as well.

10. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    personally, as much as it would be really[/u] freaking cool to be considered canon, I would prefer it not happen mostly because we would lose control of 'our' order that while part of star wars, is stained with our own blood, sweat and tears.

11. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Just a small notice, the Wiki (and apparently every other one on Wikia's main servers) are down. Nothing major it seems but on the off chance any of you were needing any data right away you can PM me or Dade about it, kev too, maybe, he may not know :p

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Just fyi, the banner that was made for the Templars will go up after this one comes down. I dunno what is taking so long to get the banner on the server.

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    And there was much rejoicing. Yay!

14. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    I had no clue that we were going to have a banner put up for us...

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Its one that I made. :D

16. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Wow!

Awesome job on the banner Kev! It looks great!

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
  18. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Nice banner and colors.

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Awesome Kev!!! This is great!!

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Ugh... I just woke up, my first night, since i've returned from the Dade's place. And i have a cold. I have a Dade Cold. I am not amused.

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Quarantine!!!!

22. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Since this thread is beginning anew, I want to become a member.

-B-

23. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Thats good to hear Blu, we enjoy having new people join. :) welcome aboard the big silvery coloured boat.

24. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Where do I start, dude?

I've been trying to get more involved in the EUC, lately.

-B-

25. kit-kenobi

Nov 10, 2007
    Over there. -points-

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.