main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temple of Doom CD soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by royalguard96, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    This question has bugged me for years.

Why on earth is there no domestic CD soundtrack for Temple of Doom? I know an import CD exists - made in Germany I believe. But does anyone know why this CD has never had a true American release like the other two film's soundtracks got?

There is some splendid John Williams music on here, like Nocturnal Activities, the Temple of Doom theme and the Mine Car Chase.

Also, anyone know of an online store that could have this? With yesterday's DVD release of the films, this issue seems more relevant than ever.

2. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

I don't know of any domestic release, but I agree with you it should be available. I would love to have a copy of the Cole Porter song that opens the movie, ANYTHING GOES.

:)

3. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    The international version is by Polydor and it was released in Japan. I got mine from the Star Wars Insider magazine but I don't think they list it anymore.

Soundtrack.net is an excellent resource because it lists many retailers but unfortunately it's down at the moment. I checked Intrada and Screen Archives Entertainment but they are not carrying it now. The best option in the meantime is to ask in the soundtrack newsgroup (something like rec.arts.movies.music).

4. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    it is an awsome soundtrack, i have the original release on tape

5. Dyce_Tawara

Dyce_Tawara Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2003
    here i found this:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000007QSE/qid=1068378684/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_11_11/302-0386185-2951204

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000E5IF/qid=1068378684/sr=1-12/ref=sr_1_11_12/302-0386185-2951204

6. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I got my import copy of Amazon a few years back and it has become increasingly hard to find.

It is an excellent score and desperately needs an expanded release in the near future, much like the re-release of the Raiders score. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

7. Randomnimity

Randomnimity Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2003
    I too would love a copy of the soundtrack. I LOVE the music for the spike room. It's wonderful, esp the part just before Willie stops it, and just after she starts it again.

8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I agree wholeheartedly that a new TOD CD soundtrack should be released - when the "Radiers" soundtrack was expanded and re-released back in early 1996 I bought it immediately, and I think TOD deserves the same treatment.

Why TOD's soundtrack was never really released commercially in the U.S. is a mystery.
    The music, though not as good as "Raiders", is still classic -I would also like to hear Willie Scott's version of "Anything Goes".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.