main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temple of Doom was too violent. How are the other IJ films?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by george_starwars, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks for all the help :)

VOTE FOR THE GRKP

2. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
  3. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    IT IS NOT VIOLENT!!!! MY 5 YEAR OLD SISTER HAS SEEN TEMPLE OF DOOM OVER 6 TIMES!!!
    SHE HAS NEVER FELT EVEN REMOTLEY SCARED!!

YOU ARE A BIG CHICKEN!!!!

I SAW TEMPLE OF DOOM WHEN I WAS 4!! IT IS TAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(>[face_clown]

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Easy there, tiger.

Each to their own.

And please take off your 'caps-lock', before you do some serious damage to your keyboard.

5. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    George SW, if you liked RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, then you will love TLC, b/c it is the least violent of the 3 movies, and it is the most light-hearted. It is more of a comedy than the other 2.

6. George15

George15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 4, 2002
    I'll never understand this raw hatred for TOD.I mean come on it's not that bad.Shorty is the best character in the whole trilogy.I'd rather have him take the spotlight over "Indy" 8-}.

7. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I agree George 15. I dont understand the hatred for TOD either. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it is about Hinduism instead of biblical artifacts. Therefore, most Americans cant relate to it the way they relate to the lost ark and the holy grail. I have always liked TTOD, but I liked it even more after I studied Hinduism in my Asians Religions class. I had to attend a Hindu temple for that class. It was pretty neat. THe other obvious reason is that it was more violent than the other 2.

8. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Yes, TOD was just really different, its darkness, , and religious artifact probably seemed like a near complete detour for the fans. It does have almost all the great qualities of an Indy adventure though (the only ones missing being globe-trotting and a decent villain ).

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm extremely squeamish about violence and gore, but I could watch Raiders and Last Crusade fine. Temple of Doom, I watched once ... fast forwarded the heart ripping scene, and have never watched it since.

10. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    VaderDarkLordOSith- what the hell were your parents thinking???

11. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well except for the yelling (CAPS) and the overt emotion I don't see what's so bad about it.

I was about that age when I saw the original Jaws and saw several R rated movies before I hit my teens. It's much better than nowadays parents wanting the government to enforce the MPAA ratingas (which are guidelines anyway) but they have no interest in what their kids are seeing. Highly ironic ;-).

12. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Temple of Doom has always been my favorite, since I was little. Why? One word: myth. There's something about the Hinduist, mythical aspects about it that tap into my mind in a way the other two never could. I also love the "level" system...like, they start out in the top of the temple, and end up in a the deepest, darkest depths of hell. It's the same reason I love the finale of the pseudo-Bruce Lee film Game of Death.

I'm sure I'm not explaining myself very well. But anyway...I'll agree Kate Capshaw is VERY annoying, but I think Short Round more than makes up for her :)

13. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I think Indy was more violent because like Lucas said about Empire its the 2nd act in a 3 act play usually the 2nd act is darker and more violent. As far as the gore aspect of this movie goes let me say this as honestly as I can these movies ARE FAKE NOT REAL what are the odds of someone being able to rip someones heart out they are about the same as someone claming to be a true Jediknight like Luke Skywalker. So just enjoy the movies or just turn of the TV its that simple

14. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Weather it's realistic is not the point. It is gross looking. I watched Raiders and between the Mummies and the melting faces (both of which are cartoony) it was the border line for me. No, it's not realistic, but yes, it's gross. That is the point. :) IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.