Temporary replacement for Zan's chatroom.

Discussion in 'Fan Sites' started by Valacar, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valacar Force Ghost

star 3
    I was thinking we would assign Apprentices to Masters as they came in. But we could also take our Apprentice list now and give them Masters.

This system's purpose is to keep people active in the thread, giving Masters some responsibility, fellowshipping new members so they become consistant posters and participaters, and to introduce them to the ways of our group and encourage them to contribute.

With that in mind... it would probably be a good idea to give our current Masters an Apprentice. We would take requests first and then fill in the gaps with assignments. And since Obi-Wan was a Knight when Anakin became his Padawan, we could extend this Apprentice thing to the knights when every Master has an Apprentice.

2. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Aren't there too few appies to be given to both masters and knights? (for now, I mean)
  5. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, Knights will only take on Apprentices if there are not enough Masters for the job.
  6. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Should it be announced on the thread that Masters may begin sending requests for Apprentices?

I think that all of the requests should be sent to one of us and then sorted from there.
  7. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok, guys, now seriously. When and how are we goning to take apprentices?
    I was planning to take Cobranaconda, but we haven't yet discussed this matter of training.
    What do you think we should start with?
  8. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, here we go. Amon's proposals:

CHOOSING A PATH
    One must choose between 3 ways of a Force Sensitive (Sith, Jedi or Dark Jedi) by completeing a survey I can make. It would be something like when Revan was tested for Guardian/Sentinel/Consular on Dantooine.

MAKING A LIGHTSABER
    This is not hard mission, but I was thinking that it should be a ceremony in AoR. each appy should be asked which is their favourite colour and should be presented with a markup crystal. :p
    When appy is becoming a Knight, master should give him/her a special crystal.

LORE OF THE ARCANE
    Apprentices should learn and post both Jedi and Sith Code. Master will ask them a question about each and they should also state an example of Revan following both Codes.

LIGHTSABER DUEL
    An e-duel between a master and an apprentice.

PRESUADE SKILL
    If we are to conquer the EU, we need strong-minded Acolytes.
    Appy will go to another thread where he/she posts often and should try to invite his/her best e-friends to join us. This mission should also include mention of Revan in other aspects and threads of Star Wars and life here on the boards. (Appy can send links of it to a master)

REPAIRING DROIDS
    Appy should find info on his/hers favourite KOTOR droid and send it to a master (thus gaining points for a scout). To complete the mission a question about droids should be answered. For example: Which are the 8 most important droid systems?
    (answer can be found on Korriban, Ragnos's tomb)

LEGACY OF THE OLD REPUBLIC
    This is a creative mission. it won't be a problem becouse we've already seen how talented are members of AoR. Appy wil choose between a fanfiction (story, songfic, parody), fanart (drawings, paintings, collages) or fanjokes.
    This is how everyone will be involved in making Revans gallery richer.

JEDI ARCHIVES
    Appy will answer to some KOTOR and Revan questions, something like a quiz. I can make the question if you aproove this mission.
    I was also thinking that this can be the last mission before knighthood.

Knights can advance to a master by training apprentices.

All appy progress shopuld be directed to one of the leades.

To the Mods: Don't worry; I've been given permission to post this. :)

Now, on to business: I think it would be good to go ahead and start refining this system for use.

As per Zebra3's concerns that the membership questionnaire is too easy, I believe that either LORE OF THE ARCANE or JEDI ARCHIVES could be effective augmentations. Thoughts?

Zebra3: To answer your question from before: When both the Master and Padawan feel that it's ready for the latter to become a Knight, the Master should inform the leaders of just that. If the leaders concur, the Padawan shall be "knighted"./>
  9. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm working on various question, but I probably won't be finished by the end of the week; I have a some exams this week and I've taken a huge biology project, so I don't really have much time. I apologise for waiting.
  10. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Here are the quests. I haven't made questions for the Jedi Archive quest, becouse I've been really busy in the RL lately, but I hope it will be ready soon. I might have some mor eideas, but for now these missions/quests are ready to be given to the apprentices.
    I'm vaiting for your confirmation before I post this in Zan's chatroom thread.
    I made forms that should be presented to masters (or knights who are training someone) and forms that should be sent to appies.

The Path quest

This is not a real quest, but it helps master to get to know their apprentices' point of views and it is fun. Sort of like an intro for the training.

A friend of mine made a lot of Sith/Jedi surveys and I asked him to do question for this. Here thery are:

Questions for The Path quest
    Path of the Jedi is difficult; it requires great discipline. The Sith care only about themselves; their power comes from theri hatered. The Dark Jedi are not totaly controlled by anger and desire for power, but they do rely on theri feelings. Find out which of the titles would suit you best.

1. You and your master are in a fight with other Force-users. The other side seems to win. There is a possibility that you and your master shall both die. You, however, have a chance to flee, while your master is surrounded by enemies. What do you do?
    a) Help the master ? I would never stand and do nothing when someone id in trouble
    b) Help the master ? for the sake of the honour
    c) Flee and let him/her die
    d) Help the master, but use his/hers weekness after the battle and get rid of him/her forever.

2. A woman and her small child are beset by a desperete group of thugs. They are menacing her with weapons and she screems for help. What do you do?
    a) Slaughter the band of thugs
    b) Hold the thugs off while the woman excapes
    c) Walk off ? they are none of my concern
    d) Kill the thugs, then kill the baby and its mother becouse the baby is crying and it won't shut up

3. Which weapon do you prefer?
    a) Blaster ? precise and efficient; I don't have to expose myself to to much danger
    b) Lightsaber ? the most efficient weapon for Force-users
    c) Lightsaber ? it is fun to cut people's limbs
    d) Star Forge & Death Star ? weapons of mass destruction create fear in my enemies

4. You are exploring ancient ruins that appear to be a tomb of a long forgotten Jedi Master. In the last chamber, you find a skeleton with some amazing items. What do you do?
    a) Strip the robes off the corpse ? made by Force-sensitive in ancient times, it could come in handy
    b) Take the lightsaber ? I collect them
    c) Search for some sign of whose tomb that is, so you could archive it, then leave the body to rest in peace
    d) Destroy the tomb ? Jedi are weak, they do not deserve to be remembered

5. Which is your favourite colour?
    a) Blue
    b) Black
    c) Red
    d) Gray

6. Which is your favourite Force-power?
    a) Mind trick
    b) Levitation
    c) Force-choke
    d) Drain life

7. Which is your favourite Star Wars line?
    a) «Wipe them out, all of them.»
    b) «The Force will be with you......always.»
    c) «They are like animals and I slaughtered them like animals!»
    d) « The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.»

8. Peace in a star system depends on you. You have been summoned on a planet of strategic significance to settle the dispute between the two civilisations that inhabit the planet. Authorities have chosen you to be their representative in a diplomatin mission and you need to visit the natives' encampment. What do you do?
    a) Ask authorities to give me some payment in advance and I leave the planet as soon I get some money.
    b) I want to hear both sides before taking any actions.
    c) I kill the natives becouse a couple of guerds dared to ask me to remove my lightsaber before entering the encampment
    d) Slaughter the entire setlement becouse I don't like the looks of them

9. Which KOTOR situation suites you th
  11. Valacar Force Ghost

star 3
    Looks terrific! And the time that went into it all! I love it!
  12. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Do you have other ideas for some other quests?
  13. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Cobra, my AoR apprentice, asked me when will he get some missions. So is this system ok? Can I, or other masters and knights start using it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.