main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temporary Tattoos and Face painting

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jinsei, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    This is a thread to everyone that will be at the FanForce/Official Pix party AND/OR the ForceCast party on Thursday night.

If you want a temporary tattoo, and have an image or idea that you want for the duration of the weekend, this is the place to post it. Also, I will answer any and all questions that you may have regarding the event at the party.

But also, I'm going to post the rules here as well, just so everyone knows what they are getting into. :)

1. Let me know if you want to have your face painted, or if you want a temporary tattoo when you see me.
    -My face paint is aquacolor by Kryolan- it washes off with soap and water (you can use just water...but um...florida is hot)
    -My temporary Tattoos are ReelPalette colors. This is an alcohol based pigment that will wash off in several days (about three) or taken off with baby oil. NOT alcohol. I use 99% alcohol to activate and liqidfy the pigments that I use- the strongest you can buy at Rite Aid (or any store) is I think 78%. What that other stuff is I've no idea. This also means that all of my brushes are sterilized between people.

2. The youngest face that I will paint is 3 years old. No toddlers and no infants. I don't think that it's safe to put any paint on children that young. The youngest person I will give a temporary tattoo to is 5 years. But only those 10 years and older can have tattoos on their faces, everyone younger gets face paint.

3. The oldest face that I will paint is erm...a century. If you can prove that you are a century old (or older) I'll paint your face (or give you a tattoo) for free.

That's pretty much it. Um, if there's a tattoo that you've been thinking about getting, and want to see how it would look, getting a temporary tattoo would be a great way to do this. I can make it look 'aged', or like you just got out frome under the needle.

If you have an idea of what would be cool as a tattoo, post it up and I'll add it to my book for possible tattoos.

Jedi Dajuan will be having a raffle for people to get free tattoos and face paintings, so good luck to you all, and I'll see you at the party!

I'll also be availble at various times throughout the weekend if you decide that you want a temporary tattoo.

2. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    Oh, I said that I am going to be at both FF/OP and ForceCast parties..

I know that they go at the same time. :)

Here's the break down (unofficial) for me.

From 6:30-9:30 (about) FF/OP

From 9:30 to whenever, ForceCast.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll be dressed as Luke in his jedi costume on Friday, and was wondering if you could do a tattoo on my right hand of the blast mark that he receives when his hand is shot by Jabba's guard.

I was thinking of about a 1 inch x 1 inch mark, with burned edges and exposed silver background and colored wires over that. Basically, something like this, but on the back of my hand instead:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/DSCN4961.jpg]

I'd like it to last throughout Friday, or even Saturday. Would it stay on if I have a glove over it?

4. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    Ooooh...as a temporary tattoo and have it look realistic... no. However, as a make-up job, yes. I can do a 'pattern' in tattoo inks that will last through Saturday, but if you want that look, I would be more than happy to give it to you on Friday morning since I'll have most of my kit with me. If you don't mind meeting me at 8:30 somewhere (I have first shift with Offical Pix Friday). I'll even give free touch ups through the day and re-do on Saturday if you would like.

And yes, it would stay on even if you put on a glove...several times.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Not sure where you're staying, but I'm at the Rosen Centre next to the convention center, so could I meet you Friday morning in the lobby or something?

6. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I will be in the lobby of the Rosen Centre Hotel Friday morning at 8am until 9am. Brown jumpsuit and orange shirt. If anyone wants to have their costume make-up touched up, checked, perfected or anything, I'll be more than happy to lend my brushes to the task. for those with prosthetics and appliances (horns and the like...) I can put them on for you with some adhesive that will take into account the Florida weather and be a lot easier to take off than well, spirit gum, which is what I'm sure most people are using.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    What about touching up a face so that it looks nice and fresh, even with just a few hours sleep. ;)

I think it's great that you are offering your help. :) [:D]

8. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I can do that. :) Even make you 'look' more or less chipper. :)

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Will you have your equipment with you at all times?

I was going to be ROTS Anakin on Saturday, and was wondering if you could make my eyes more "dark side" for the 501st shoot in the afternoon.

10. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I'll have an "on the go" kit with me at all times on Friday, since I'll be in a jumpsuit. Depending on the response and the amount of people want my services (in make up people!! make-up!!), I might have an abriviated 'set kit' with me on the other days. If you want to catch me to give you a dark anakin look, I can have the colors with me, and you can meet me after my shift at the Offical Pix area.

11. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I don't mind offering my help at all. :)

But compensation in snacks and letting me take pictures and such is always appriciated. :)
    The party on Thursday is buisness, just so people know though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.