main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temptation of The Darkside

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PixelPictures, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPictures

PixelPictures Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    Hey everyone, we thought we would tell you a little about thie first chapter of our fan film saga:

Temptation of The Darkside is set 17 years before the battle of Yavin in A New Hope. It starts off when Anakin Skywalker transforms into Darth Vader and begins the annihilation of the Jedi Knights. Several Jedi escape, one of which stands out from the rest as a high potential individual called A'Sharad Hett. A'Sharad Hett was raised by his father Sharad Hett, who was killed at the hands of Aurra Sing on Tatooine.
    The Republic has changed from a Democratic Society to a Dictatorship. The Clonetroopers, now the Emperor's Stormtroopers, have developed new vehicles to hunt down the Jedi, lead by a survivor of the Jedi/Mandalorian war before the battle of Naboo, General kadum.
    A'Sharad Hett is sent by Master Yoda to protect a small fleet of Rebel ships that have landed on Naboo in order to hide from a chase from Coruscant after saving a small band of Rebel soldiers.
    A Sith Lord, secretly trained by Emperor Palpatine is sent to Naboo to find A'Sharad Hett and bring him back to Coruscant. A'Sharad Hett grows strong and Palpatine sees that he will make a useful addition to his side.
    The temptation of the darkside must be resisted by A'Sharad in order to stay true to his bond with the Jedi Order and save his side from defeat.

Temptation of The Darkside will be the first of three films made in 2003, to be released in 2004. It starts off A'Sharad Hett's journey to help prevent the Empire from destroying the Rebels and the Jedi.

Everything in this first film is being designed right now, from costumes to ships, to environments.

There is work being done on a different style of lightsaber fighitng for our main villain, it will look nothing like what we have seen from other Jedi in the Star Wars saga created by George Lucas. The style will not be shown until behind the scenes footage in January that will be avaliable for download from our site.

The Jedi costumes are being made by John Carroll of Carrollcostumes.com, and others will be made from scratch to try acheive a unique look to our films.

We will be sending in little tid-bits from time to time so you can be kept up to date on more information.

Temptation begins filming during March 2003.

Jonathan

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    sounds like it'll be great! i know the opening crawl and two flybys will be good ;)

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    New style of lightsaber fighting? You mean they're going to do it with their feet?

Lightsaber fighting incorporates all sorts of styles and I can't imagine anything that is so far removed from what we've seen (unless they really do use their feet to hold the lightsabers) that it will be that spectacular. Maybe a one handed fencing style would be interesting.

Still I'm interested in what this could be. Let me know when you get some clips up!

4. PixelPictures

Nov 29, 2002
    Hey eveyrone, Risa, you hit the nail in the head about the saber style, but its going to be like a more skillful looking style of fencing, more tricky for the jedi to deal with and a very threatening one to try defend, it takes fencing to quite a new level in terms of attack to, it quite clever:D

As for this character's mask, it is now been approved and is going to be made very soon, we are still wondering about showing pictures of it, if there is demand to see it then we will on our site.

More coming soon...

Jonathan

5. el_director

el_director Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    How many people are involved in the production and what is your budget running at?

6. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
  7. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
  8. PixelPictures

Nov 29, 2002
    hey guys, yeh the pixel productions is dead, there is a new one in production at this moment.

there are 18 people so far in the productions of the film, as for the budget, so far it is costing just over £750, both myself and my producer are paying for everything:D

Thank everyone for replying so far. We will answer n e more questions you put forwrd to us in the future:D

Jonathan

9. PixelPictures

Nov 29, 2002
    Hey everyone, the soudntrack to the film is ebing made now. it will consiste of music existing from current films, plans for a full original score is being thought of, but time will be too short for that.

We are trying to do a mix that is very interesting and will fit in very well with the film, so we hope you look forward to hearing it:D

The mask of our main enemy is being created, and i must say it is looking better than that sheet of paper i drew it on. in 3d for it looks very good so far, and very fierce, with interesting structure to it.

Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.