main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temptations of the Dark Side-Please Read!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediStryker, Mar 26, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Matt deflected laser bolt after laser bolt with his lightsaber. The Force directed his actions easily, and he hardly broke a sweat. He could feel his attackers frustration and anxiety grow. Soon, if they didn't give up, their power packs would be spent. Couldn't they see that? Suddenly, Matt felt a tingle of danger from behind him. He glanced back quickly, just in time to see another bolt fly at him from behind. He had little time; leaping to the right, he raised his hand and knocked his attacker into the wall with the Force. He rolled on his shoulder, coming up just in time to block more bolts flying at him from the front. A good ruse; but not good enough for a Jedi.
    Suddenly, the laser bolts stopped. Matt looked around, and he saw that the gunmen were running away. What the? Matt wondered. Then without warning, he felt a great disturbance in the Force. He whirled around, his blade crossing with another, silver blade. Matt looked at the owner of the lightsaber. He looked faintly familiar, but had a lot of fresh-looking scars, and his eyes were nearly pure black. The attacker whirled around, swinging low. Matt leaped backwards, over the deadly blade. He landed solidly on his feet, just in time to block another blow from the well-trained warrior. "Who are you?" Matt asked through clenched teeth. The attacker merely smiled, then twirled around, suddenly leaping over Matt, slashing down toward him. Matt ducked quickly, barely avoiding the energy blade. He knew he had to stop the fighter quickly. The Dark Side was flowing from the warrior. He reached out to the Force, mustering as much control as he could. The warrior had just landed on his feet, and when Matt launched his Force attack on him. The dark warrior was launched up against a wall, knocking him unconscious.
    Matt walked over to the man, mentally calling for Saara to join him as soon as she could. He picked up the warrior's lightsaber, looking over it. It was well-built, strong. "Master, you called me?" Matt looked back at Saara. "Do you know this person?" Saara knelt down, looking intently at the downed warrior. "Oh, that's Val Koth! He was a trainee at the same time I was, back at the Academy. I think he was being apprenticed at the same time I was." Matt nodded. "Do you know who he was being trained by?" Saara shook her head. "Then we need to contact Master Skywalker. C'mon, grab his other arm. We have to take him back to the ship."

[This message has been edited by JediStryker (edited 04-09-2000).]

2. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
  3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey, you got a good story going here. I especially like the part where Mara asks Luke if he should have cut Jacen's hand off until he promised to be good. Losing a hand in that family should be a part of growing up.

Don't let the lack of responses discourage you. Keep writing. I never pictured in my head that Jacen would be one to turn to the Dark Side. Interesting angle you've come up with.

4. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks. I have found that writing Star Wars
    is some of the most fun I have had in awhile. I won't stop until I run out of ideas.

By the way, for anyone who missed the Dark Ride, which is the first part of this story, click on the link below!

Forum16/HTML/000087.htmlThe Dark Tide

5. Fallon

Fallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2000
    Good story! Please, post more soon. Keep up the good work!

Fallon

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Luke and Han sat alone on the bridge of Mara's ship, The Jade Force. Han had been very quiet since finding out about Jacen. Luke could feel a certain?frustration. A lot of which was directed at him. Luke had tried to talk to Han several times, but the Corellian simply grunted and nodded, avoiding actual conversation. Luke understood, but it still hurt him. Han was not just his brother-in-law, he was one of his best friends.
    The door to the bridge slid open, and Leia walked in. She was dressed simply, wearing a gray tunic, with her hair up. She put her hand on Han's shoulder. "We're almost there," Han growled. Leia nodded. Luke looked up at her. "I don't think he's here, Leia. Not anymore." Han turned to Luke. "Well, then where in the Empire is he, oh powerful one?" Luke could feel the resentment now, cold and unforgiving. "I can't tell that much. Only that he's not here." Leia was looking down at Han, shocked. "Han, this is not Luke's fault, anymore than it is ours." Han stood suddenly. "Well, it's gotta be someone's fault!" Then he stormed out of the bridge. "I'm sorry, Luke. He didn't mean it." Luke nodded. "It's allright, Leia. This is a tough situation." Luke looked out at the small planet on the viewscreen, slowly growing larger as they rocketed towards it. "Jacen was here, that much we can tell." Leia nodded. "I can feel the coldness of the Dark Side." She slumped into the chair next to Luke. "Once we find him, Luke, what do we do?" Luke shook his head. "We'll have to play it by ear. It's different for each person. With Vader, it was simply appealing to him as his son." Leia shuddered. "Maybe we can appeal to him as his parents." She looked to Luke. "And his aunt and uncle." Luke smiled just slightly. "We'll try, Leia." He looked at the small planet again. "We'll try."

7. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Good work! Keep it up!

8. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Emperor's Black Bones! A Double-Post!

[This message has been edited by JediStryker (edited 04-10-2000).]

9. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000

Jaina walked up the ramp to the Millenium Falcon, carrying some the supplies they would need for their trek through the forests on the moon of Endor. Anakin was in the cockpit, warming up the engines. Threepio was following Jaina around, giving her all the reasons why she should stay. Jaina had become quite good at ignoring the golden droid over the years. "Threepio, we're going. Take care of things for us while we're gone." "Oh, Mistress Jaina, I wish you would reconsider." Jaina stopped and looked back at him. "Thank you for your concern, Threepio. But this is something Anakin and I have to do." She placed her hand on Threepio's arm. "You have been a dear friend throughout these years, Threepio. You are a part of our family, and we love you." Threepio was dumbstruck; never had he been the recipient of such a profound show of affection. "Why, er, thank you, Mistress Jaina. I do wish you well." He then left them to finish her work. Jaina sighed. She really did love the droid, even if he was sometimes a pain in the butt.
    Anakin suddenly walked up behind Jaina. "We're ready to go." Jaina nodded. "Then let's go." Anakin picked up the last of the boxes. "Do you think we can do it, Jaina? Do you think we can save Jacen?" Jaina nodded. "I do, Anakin. I have to." She walked alongside him as they walked up the passenger ramp. "We'll save Jacen." She closed the ramp behind them. "Or die trying."

Jacen smiled as he saw the little community he was building. Only days ago, he had sent out a call through the Force to individual Jedi he that he knew were weak. Once they arrived, he would teach them the ways of the Dark Side, and start a new order of Dark Jedi. Now, already thirteen Jedi had responded to the call. Among them a real surprise had arrived. Kyp Durron, one of his uncle's original students. Kyp had told Jacen that he believed in a new, stronger Jedi order. The use of the Dark Side seemed to be the only way to do it. Jacen had agreed, but secretly he wondered. He had always felt the edge of darkness in Kyp, but he couldn't take his change at face value.
    "Master Solo." Jacen smiled at the title. "Yes, Klin?" Klin bowed his head before Jacen. "A ship has arrived in the system. The pilot is alone, and requesting permission to land." Jacen nodded. "Send three Jedi out to meet the pilot. Tell them if they suspect anything suspicious, to kill the pilot if necessary." Klin nodded, then walked away respectfully. Suddenly, Jacen sensed a great disturbance in the Force. He knew the incoming pilot was more than what they seemed. He rushed out of his hut immediately, and went to the landing field.
    The three Dark Jedi were waiting, as he had instructed, but when they felt his presence, they fell to their knees in respect. He used a weak Force field to block the dirt and debris from hitting him. The ship landed, and the passenger ramp lowered. A woman walked down, a slim figure, very attractive. The woman walked up to Jacen, just a bit shorter than he was. She looked at him, smiling, and Jacen could feel the Dark Side emanating from her. "Hello," she said, her voice sweet and sinister at the same time. Jacen smiled back. "Hello there, Jedi Knight. And who might you be?" The woman smiled wider, and Jacen could feel the Dark power even more intensely. "You mean, you don't remember me?" Jacen looked confused. "Should I?" The woman's eyes narrowed slightly. "Jacen, my dear, I would've been your aunt, if your pitiful uncle hadn't deserted me years ago." She raised her hand to Jacen. "My name is Callista." Jacen's eyes widened. "Callista? I thought you were Force blind?" Callista's smile disappeared. "Only to the Light side." Her smile returned. "No matter, I have found over the years that the Dark Side is much more powerful." She took Jacen's hand, and his heart skipped a beat. "Now come, and show me your little operation. I'd like to see what you have planned to crush the pitiful Jedi Knights."

Matt sat at the computer screen in his ship, the Fire Blade. On it, he was reading the profile for Val Koth, the Dark Jedi who had attacked

10. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Don't want my fic to disappear onto page 2!

11. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    The Millenium Falcon landed in the dense foliage of the forest moon, five miles away from where Anakin had spotted the camp. Even from orbit, the siblings could feel the Dark power on the surface of the planet. They knew then, that Jacen was not alone. And that frightened them. If Jacen was creating an army of the Dark Jedi, it could mean only one thing: death. Death for the Jedi, death for the New Republic, and eventually, death for the Galaxy.
    Jaina slung her sack over her shoulder, making sure again that her lightsaber was there and ready. Anakin stood beside her, wearing his Jedi robes. Jaina had chosen to wear a simple gray tunic, but wished she had worn her robes suddenly. The symbolism might have helped.
    "Well, I guess it's time to get going." Jaina looked at her younger brother, her heart filling with pride. He was strong, as a person and as a Jedi. "Anakin, I want you to know, no matter what happens, I am very proud of you." Anakin smiled. "Thank you, Jaina. That means a lot to me."
    And so the two began their long hike, hoping for the best, but deep down, expecting the worst.

Matt brought the Fire Saber out of hyperspace just as he reached Endor. "The forest moon is just over there." Saara said, pointing at the viewscreen. "Yes," Matt nodded as he brought the ship into orbit. "Why are we stopping?" Saara asked, impatient. Matt stood. "You are not ready for this, Saara. The Jedi down there are drawing on the Dark Side. They will be too powerful for you." Saara stood, and Matt could feel defiance in her. "No way! I am a Jedi, and your apprentice. It is my responsibility to join you, wherever you go!" Matt shook his head. "It is my responsibility to protect you. And I can't do that while I'm protecting my own butt." Saara's eyes narrowed. "I'll go down on my own, then." She put her hand on Matt's shoulder. "Matt, you are my teacher, but you are also my friend. I can't stay up here while you are down there." Matt considered Saara's words, and finally, he sighed. "My teacher, Master Luc'Za, took me on a scouting trip in the Unknown Regions, during the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. While we were there, we were attacked. He ordered me to run, as I was not trained enough to truly defend myself. I obeyed his command, and I ran." Saara cringed as she felt a little wave of pain and regret roll through her teacher. "To this day, I regret my decision." He looked at Saara. "I wouldn't want to put you in that kind of position. You can go with me, but I must have your word that, no matter what, you will obey my every command." Saara nodded, her face solemn. "I will, Master Stryker. I swear by the Force." Matt nodded, and prepared for the battle at hand.

Luke, Mara, Han and Leia all sat around a table in Mara's ship. "So, you think Callista is involved? But I thought she went Force-blind." Leia looked to Luke, but Mara answered. "She went blind to the Light side of the Force. She had full-access to the Dark Side." Han looked at Mara. "So is she behind it, then? Did she turn Jacen?" Luke shook his head. "I don't think it is as simple as all that. But I do know where to find the answer." Leia held Han's hand. "Where, Luke?" "The first place we should have thought of." He closed his eyes, fighting off the vision of Callista's face in the black helmet. "The one place in the Galaxy where the dark spirit of the old Sith order can truly be found." He opened his eyes, and looked at the three in the eyes.
    "Endor."

12. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Jacen sat in his hut, a smile pasted onto his face. His plan was working out perfectly. Jaina and Anakin had arrived, and were making their way to the village. His Dark Jedi trainees had become powerful, and were nearly ready for the first attack against the Jedi Knights.
    The only thing that was putting a damper on his mood was Callista. She had been extremely quiet, and his sense of her power fluctuated, almost as if she let it in, then pushed it away. She could only feel the Dark Side, so there was no way her intentions could anything but dark, could they? Jacen decided that he could not trust her.
    "Solo." Jacen's eyes narrowed, and he turned to see Kyp standing at his door. "That's Master Solo." Kyp laughed, further angering Jacen. "If anyone here is a master, Jacen, it's me." Jacen smiled coldly. "Care to prove it?" Kyp shook his head. "We don't have time now. Your sister has arrived, and she has brought Anakin." Jacen grabbed his lightsaber and walked out of the hut, Kyp walking next to him. "Have they seen anyone yet?" "No," Kyp replied. "They can surely sense us, though." Jacen nodded. "Of course. But they need to see me. See that I am okay. Then we'll start the process of turning them to the Dark Side." Kyp growled. "Why not just kill them? They are strong, and probably won't be easy to turn. They will hinder us." Jacen turned and grabbed Kyp. "No one is to harm them." Kyp's eyes grew wide, feeling the power radiating off from the young Jedi. "If they will not turn, then I will kill them." He began to walk again. "No one else is to touch them." Kyp nodded, suddenly unsure of his abilities against Jacen.

Jaina and Anakin walked through what appeared to be an empty Ewok village, but they could sense them, at least thirty of them, all Dark Jedi. "Why are they hiding?" Anakin whispered. Jaina shook her head. "I don't know." They continued to walk, slowly but ready for action.
    "Siblings!" The two turned toward the voice, suddenly seeing Jacen, standing tall, radiating dark power. He held a lightsaber in his hands as he walked toward them. Behind him, they saw Kyp Durron, also radiating the Dark Side. The two stopped before Jaina and Anakin, Jacen smiling widely. "Welcome to the future of the Jedi." Jaina shook her head. "You mean the future of the Sith." Jacen's smile faltered slightly. "Sith, Jedi, what difference does it make? We are more powerful than Skywalker's pitiful band of Knights." Anakin stepped forward. "Jacen, what's happened to?" He couldn't finish, and suddenly began to choke. He grabbed his throat, falling to his knees as he struggled. "Show respect to your new master," Kyp growled. "Stop it, Kyp, or I'll stop you myself." Jaina forced herself to remain calm, to stay away from the Dark Side. Kyp smiled, looking Jaina up and down. "I might not mind that." The he released his Force-hold on Anakin. Anakin gasped for breath, then regained his composure. "Come, my siblings, and meet your peers." "No. We came here to get you. To help you. But we will not join you." Jacen's smile disappeared completely. "To help me? The pompous Jedi Knights have come to help me? I don't need your help." Jacen raised his hands, and shot bolts of lightning into Jaina and Anakin. The siblings fell to the ground, pain searing through their bodies. "I am twice what you are. You have come here for me to help you." Jacen turned, then looked at Kyp. "Take them to the main hut. Chain them up, make sure they cannot escape." Kyp nodded dutifully. Jacen walked away, his mind churning. He would turn them, he would. And if he couldn't they would die.
    Simple as that.

Matt fell to his knees, pain shooting through his body. "Master Stryker?" Saara was at his side, her hands on his back. "It's?it's okay." He stood slowly, breathing deeply. "I think?I think it was Jaina." Saara looked confused. "You felt her this far away?" "No," Matt shook his head. "She's here, on Endor." He grabbed his lightsaber, snapping it to his belt. "We have to hurry. She and Anakin are in great danger." Saara nodded, clipping her own lightsaber to her belt.

13. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Those darn kids just can't stay out of trouble.

Jacen just keeps getting more and more evil. I look forward to him and Kyp fighting it out for leadership.

14. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Cool. The final battle should be finished by tonite. I have to work so I don't have to live on the streets. Keep the comments coming, and hey, tell your friends! tongue.gif

15. Fallon

Fallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2000
    Ooo, the suspense! Can't wait 'til the next post! Great work!

Fallon

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Jaina sat cross-legged, trying very hard to control her anger. Jacen was gone. In his place, a cold, unfeeling human remained. She didn't know if he could be saved. Deep down, she had begun to doubt it.
    "Jaina." She looked to the door, and there stood Kyp Durron, Dark Jedi. "Get out of here, you Pu'tha." Kyp smiled his dark smile, and he walked in slowly. "Come now, Jaina. There's no need to hide your true feelings. Not here." Jaina's eyes narrowed. "What in the Empire are you talking about?" Kyp's smile grew wider. "I know that you once had feelings for me, Jaina." Now it was Jaina's turn to smile. "That was a long time ago, Durron. Back when I was a foolish girl." Her smile fell a little. "Now I have a much better love." Kyp's smile disappeared. "Stryker? That pathetic Jedi couldn't beat a Hutt in a footrace." Jaina laughed. "He's more of a Jedi than you'll ever be." Kyp bent down, facing Jaina. "Oh, Jaina, the things I could teach you. Matt is just a boy. I am a man." He then bent down and kissed Jaina. Jaina pulled back, and slapped him with a tweak of the Force. Kyp laughed. "Oh, Jaina. Your lover is as good as dead. Just like the rest of the Jedi Knights."
    "I don't think so."
    Kyp whirled toward the door, just in time to get hit by a full blast Force wave. He was thrown against the wall of the hut, losing conciousness. Jaina looked to the door, shocked. "Hello, Jaina." Jaina immediately knew the voice. "Callista!?" Callista walked over to Jaina, and pulled out her lightsaber. "I'm here to help." Jaina smiled. "It's so good to see you again!" Once Jaina was free, the women embraced. "C'mon, we have to get Anakin freed." Jaina nodded, and the two ran out the door.
    Waiting for them, Jacen stood facing them, with seventeen Dark Jedi behind him. "Ah, Callista. I knew you would show your true colors." Callista smiled at him. "If you were a true Sith, you would've killed me the second you knew." Jacen smiled back. "A mistake that will soon be rectified." He pulled out his lightsaber, and ignited the amber blade. "Prepare to die."
    Suddenly, a starship fell from the sky, blasting laser bolts into the group of Dark Jedi standing behind Jacen. Three fell immediately, the others scattered. The ship landed hard, and just as it did so, the passenger was dropped, and Matt Stryker was on the ground, his green lightsaber ignited and emitting it's powerful hum. Jacen turned to him, smiling. "Ah, Jedi Stryker. We finally meet." Matt looked at him intently. "If only it were under more favorable circumstances." Jacen smiled, raising his lightsaber in a classic salute. "It doesn't have to be this way," Matt pleaded. "Yes," Jacen said. "It does."

Kyp awoke with a start. How had he been caught so off-guard? No matter. He grabbed his lightsaber, igniting it's blade. "Callista will die." He mumbled.

Callista and Jaina had ignited their sabers and were fighting the Dark Jedi army that attacked them. Jaina was afraid for Callista; only having access to the Dark Side, Callista was opening herself up to trouble. "Callista!" The blonde turned to face Jaina. "You've got to get out of here! You can't keep using the Dark Side!" Callista thought, then nodded. She ran toward the woods, away from the battle. Jaina continued to fight, but felt her strength waning. We can't keep this up for long?

Matt parried another of Jacen's thrusts, feeling sweat pouring off his forehead. Jacen was a skilled fighter. Matt was finding it hard to concentrate on fighting and continue to "listen" for a cry for help from Jaina. He was desperately afraid that Jaina would become overwhelmed, and if Matt wasn't ready to help her, he would hate himself forever. Jacen slashed down toward Matt's head, and he blocked just in time.

Han and Luke piloted the ship into the Endor system, and Luke suddenly grabbed his head. "Kid! You allright?" Luke nodded. "They're here," Luke grimaced. "And there's a lot more than we expected." Mara and Leia ran into the bridge. "Do you feel that?" Mara gasped. "Yeah, he felt it," Han answered. "We've got to get down there." Han look

17. purple4lee

purple4lee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 1999
    up, up and away........

18. Doda Von-Jedi

Doda Von-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2000
    I am but a Padawan learner begining my training
    But I collect so i'll probably check in more often now, find some useful information around here you do

19. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I am present. Now I must get back to the ways of the Universe. I must watch the A-team.

-the monk

20. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
  21. squad

squad Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 1999
    squad in the hizouse!!!!
    im 24 from ct and i stop by at least 1ce a day

22. Jabba_Desilijic_Tiure

Jabba_Desilijic_Tiure Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2000
    Im a bit late on this, but better late than never.

23. Jabba_Desilijic_Tiure

Jabba_Desilijic_Tiure Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2000
    Im a bit late on this, but better late than never.

24. Boba Binks

Boba Binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Meesa Heres too!
    Boba Binks - The most feared bounty hunter on Naboo.

25. Chief Bast

Chief Bast Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 1999
    I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but as long as I've been here, this is the first time I've ever said "present" on roll call!

Man, I'm so trendy now . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.