main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ten page spread in Sunday's newspaper.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Gordonai, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gordonai

Gordonai Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 26, 2014
    Thanks for trying.

2. Gordonai

Gordonai Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 26, 2014
    I want this film to be great but official anti-prequel, anti-GL publicity causes grave concern.

3. JP_Frost

JP_Frost Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    Well, first of all consider the source. I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the Mail regarded as a somewhat mediocre newspaper in terms of validity?

Second, this was bound to happen and we'll see more of it. There will be people judging this film based on GL's mistakes with the prequels, pre-conceived notions about JJ Abrams and his previous films, general Star Wars bashing, etc.

I wouldn't worry about this. Besides, has any journalist seen the film yet? No. So, perhaps we should wait until the 14th for a more substantial verdict.

4. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Murdoch and his minions. The true DARK SIDE.

jjgriffin likes this.
  5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    The Mail on Sunday is toilet paper.

FirstOrder and jjgriffin like this.
  6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Who gives a rats #$# what the Mail writes? Believe it or not, you *don't* have to think (or like) everything exactly like everyone else does. I personally didn't like the PT but so what .... they gave you great pleasure and that is all that should count. What makes me immensely sad when I read your post, is the fact that you are already having negative feelings towards a film no one has yet actually seen, based, I perhaps, on the negativity directed towards something that meant something to you.

I would really really really encourage you to just take a step back and ignore the gutter press, continue to enjoy what you are getting out of the whole SW saga (whichever bit makes more sense to you) and set yourself up for hopefully seeing some cool stories, rather than getting dragged into the whole OT vs PT vs ST crap that sells papers (and is sooooo soooo soooo predictable and boring).

7. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Your bashing of TFA is far worse than the (justified) criticism of the prequels as you haven't even seen the film.

DaddlerTheDalek and FirstOrder like this.
  8. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It's amazing how uber nostalgia for the originals blinds so many people to the flaws of those films. Yes the prequels had problems but they weren't the god awful disasters so many make them out to be. Simon pegg like so many other mindless sheep is just jumping on the hate bandwagon so he can fit in.
    Cause you're not cool unless you hate on the prequels. Especially while talking about TFA!

I see the main star wars saga films as a whole and single experience. Even though there's good and not so good parts i enjoy each and every one for their own strengths. It's hard for me to hate anything star wars related aside from that embarrassing christmas special and the non canon stuff.

9. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Sorry but the whole plot being set in motion by s lightsaber IS stupid

10. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    Hating on something you haven't seen yet is stupid, yet that's all your posts are....

11. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    Pegg has hated the prequels since back then and still does. This isn't news, it's just morons and other click bait sites regurgitating old news to cause a stir for some weird reason.

12. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Check out the Rotten Tomatoes scores for Pigg's newest film, and reconsider if his trash talk has any weight to it.

13. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015
    Great, another bash TFA thread.

Hey haters, you know there's already an unmoderated *****fest free-for-all thread over in the PT forum where you can bash JJ KK Simon Pegg et al to your heart's content. Go there.

What the **** is wrong with you people?

14. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Sorry but are you aiming "pathetic" and "rubbish" at the article or a fil you haven't seen yet? I'm confused

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    MODified: Familiarize yourself with the rule that has been so ignored that it is literally a banner at the top of the forum.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What is a newspaper...?

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Guarantee the Critics will rave about how great the ST Is no matter what we think of it.

18. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Isn't this entire thread a violation of that rule and is allowed to stay open?

HGST likes this.
  19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Considering the reputation the newspaper seems to have, toilet paper might be to good for them.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. The thread was made to discuss a newspaper spread. I'll merely weed out the trolls who attempt to turn it into something else.

21. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015
    C'mon man. The entire OP is a rant against JJ/TFA wrapped in the context of a newspaper spread.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You know what... I'll buy that.

EHT and HGST like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.