main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ten years and (a) change.

Discussion in 'Community' started by hudzu, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What kind of a joke would this be? That's pretty cynical
    [/quote]

Yes, and the Hat is well known to eschew jokes and cynicism.

Oh, wait.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    rachel came out to me like a year or more ago (although im glad you've chosen/revealed a feminine name, rachel, because this whole time ive been constantly confused about what to call you and it seemed rude to ask if you had one yet, for some reason :p ) so, yes, she's serious. this is a process for her, and coming out to the JC is just one more step along the road. im glad she's taken it :)

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Might I recommend getting into Xbox live to understand rape culture. From every article I've written, the mentality of a male console gamer (perpetually stuck at horny, lonely and 14) is "RAEP IS GUD" and this would be a cheap, easily accessible way to understand it.

Master_Jacen likes this.
  4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I support your endeavors! I don't know a lot about transgender though, so hopefully this will teach me to say less offensive/ignorant things. Which I guess is because there's such a wide variety of people who fall under the transgender umbrella, I kind of still have questions as to where you are on that so I don't say the wrong thing or something. Starting with do you want to be called she or he on the forums? And can I still call you Jacen, since I never called you Andrew to begin with?

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Wow. Well congratulations on both counts.

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is."

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I have been a sounding board for about 6 months for another JCer who is going through something similar. She has come out to the chat room, but I don't think the rest of the forum yet so I admire your courage, Rachel! Good luck with your journey to finally being you.

7. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    This is just like the time that I found out that solojones wasn't a dude but was actually a girl named Rachel.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
  9. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    High five man. Ima come to your job one day and freak your s#/! out.

Master_Jacen likes this.
  10. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Well, good luck.

But just remember, if you change your mind after the deed is done, you can grow new parts on a lab rat.
    [​IMG]

Cue the hilarity in 3....2....1....

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    there will be no hilarity. the great tragedy of your existence is that nothing involving you has ever been remotely funny or even interesting, lee

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Except that one time when people photoshopped his picture.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Republicans don't cope with progressive issues as well, Rogue. You're kinda trampling on a coping mechanism is all I'm saying...

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I look forward to having a slice of your pie, Rachel. ;)

Master_Jacen likes this.
  15. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I can't accept this change until I see a picture of you dressed as a woman, preferably in lingerie.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Looks like your transformation is complete, now that wannasee has creeped on you.

Congrats on ten years, as well.

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    I can't thank all of you enough. I admit to kind of descending into a bundle of nerves in the last few hours of work today.

Your response has been greater than anything I dared to hope for. I've been sitting here for the past two hours tearing up and just trying to process all of this. And its just overwhelming. I don't think I could ever hope to befriend a better class of people than all of you.

Thank you so much for your support.

oh god please don't. jacen works fine if you want to stick to a username. i ALLLLLMOST registered master_jaina, but in the end i decided it was too cringeworthy, even for me.

and i can throw a perfect crust. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

every time somebody refers to me in the feminine, my heart flutters a little. although, that might actually be a palpitation and a warning sign that i should go see a doctor. flutter sounds better though. so let's go with that. and if you want me to flutter, i more than encourage you to go female. i understand that this sort of thing has kind of an intrinsic weirdness when it comes to gender pronouns and all that, so if you feel a need to use a masculine form, i can understand. but female is the end goal, so if you have the opportunity on the boards, i would love it if you used that.

i am of course here to help if anyone needs any enlightenment on why people feel this way or anything about the transitioning process or if somebody just needs to know how to treat me. it's a strange process, and it affects all of you in some way, be it large or small. i try to be aware of that, and open to any thoughts or inquiries or sarcastic comments you may have.

to those of you whiny about not getting name dropped: had i not procrastinated writing that post and done it days ago like i'd intended, i wouldn't have found myself flying through trying to get it all out and tinker it into perfection at 3:30am, and your names would definitely have made it on the list.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah I was sure Danthe would be the one.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    My money was on beezel.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  21. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Does this have anything to do with your refusal to capitalize or is that a separate issue?

22. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As a woman you don't get to tell a man what to do Jaina.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I just want to note that even in the apology for not getting name-dropped, the rest of you still a mass unwashed, "everyone else."

siha, Rogue_Ten and Master_Jacen like this.
  24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Why, yes. Yes I do. Unfortunately, it's probably dissolving in a bathtub full of lye right now...

25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Making fun of marginalized groups is sooooooooo edgy. :rolleyes: