main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tenel Ka and...um...yeah...it's weird, I know...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron: "People have to have some similarities in order to get along. If two people are complete opposites, how will they be able to handle being around each other?"

Granted. Notice how I did not say that I would prefer finding a spouse in someone who is my exact opposite. :D
    The need for some common ground should be obvious. :)

2. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Hmmmm...I don't know...the grimness of both of them combined could drive me insane. Jag/Tenel Ka each need someone to balance the other out a little. You know, someone with a LITTLE sense of humor.

referring to Rick-thing:
    on the Ep. I DVD "Making of SW" documentary, when they start filming the 1st day he says:
    "Okay guys, let's kick some @ss!"
    That guy is cool! :D

3. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Firstly-about Rick McCallum-the guy's alright, but he's not that cool. No way is he as cool as Han Solo. I rest my case on that issue.

Tenel Ka and Jag: love the idea but it's not going to happen. They are a lot alike, but...it's not going to happen. Sorry, but I'm agreeing with Valyn on this one.

To stress my point, I'm going to use a little example/story/proverb/thingy my Korean friend imparted to me that she heard from her mother. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but I think it's pretty clever. Her mother said that when hands match each other perfectly and come together, they clap and make a loud noise. Now, that's all good and fun, but when two hands that are off with one another come together, they clasp and become one. People should be like this, she said. In marriage, you can't be exactly like your spouse or else you're going to butt heads. I agree with this, but then again I added to this little proverbial thingy by adding that if you're totally off with a person, you'll never meet and just end up mangling and beating each other in a chaotic fashion.

In order to be right for each other people can not be totally alike, nor can they be opposites, but they have to compliment each other. So, as much as I like getting Jag out of the picture, Jedi_Jaina_Durron, so that Kyp can move in, I don't think Jag and Tenel Ka are going to happen.

4. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron, I agree that Tenel Ka and Jag will be attracted to each other but only as companions.

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I concede with Skylark, though I didn't really comprehend that whole hand thingy. But maybe that's because I'm tried... :D

GAH! I mean tired! Oy...maybe I should go to bed...

6. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    It's easier to explain when you're sitting in front of a person and can show them the hands yourself. But thanks! Valyn.

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I don't think it'll ever happen either. It would be cool if it did, though. And Valyn, you and Skylark are both right. And I like that illustration.

8. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I missed this thread the first time around. I'm uping it just to be evil.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    No way. My love for Jaina/Jag aside, I believe Tenal Ka and Jacen should be together. She could knock some sense into him.

10. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think that Vergere's training is going to knock some sense into Jacen. I'm kind of a Jacen/Tahiri person myself.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm for the following:

Anakin/Tahiri (resurrect Anakin?)
    Jacen/Tenel Ka (though he better smarten up!)
    Kyp/some lucky gal
    Jaina/death (I could care less about her :p)

12. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    Wait Valyn, you really don't like Jaina? That's so mean!

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess.

Personally, I just want the characters to be happy. Of course, a little (or a lot-he he) of drama in the process is never a bad thing.

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    "Wait Valyn, you really don't like Jaina? That's so mean!"

Who said I didn't like her?
    I said "I could care less about her". :D

14. Skylark

Mar 10, 2002
    Oh, excuse me, Valyn! :)

It's still kind of mean-spirited.

Oh, and I believe Jacen will soooo 'smarten up'. It's my theory that when Jacen re-enters the picture in DW he will have begun to become one bad-*ss mo'***ker in true spirit of Samuel L. Jackson.

Except he'll be white....and like 18 or 19...and he won't be bald...I think. :D

15. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, first of all, I for one was not impressed w/ Rick McCallum on the DVD. I really can't stand swearing like that, I get enough of it from the college baseball players in my classes. First of all, it's vulgar. Second of all, it's unimaginative. I mean, don't these people have any imagination? Clearly they don't have an extensive vocabulary. (Sache8 sticks her goody two-shoes nose in the air and harrumphs. Yes, she is a very straight-laced Christian girl and not ashamed to admit it).

Ok enough ranting, sorry. Had to get it out of my system.

Next point: I agree that Tenel Ka and Jag Fel would be entirely too "grim" a pair for my tastes.

True, this is partly because I myself am a Jag/Jaina supporter and am well satisfied with the way things are turning out thus far. But I also think its just plain true anyway, even if Jag was heretofore unattached.

Don't worry though Jedi_Jaina_Durron, I wouldn't want to leave your Kyp high and dry. My opinion of him extended many parsecs after reading Dark Journey, and I have since done some pondering on the subject:

Valyn, you said you'd like to see Kyp with some lucky girl? Here's my suggestion.

Danni Quee. I've suggested it atleast twice on these forums and no one seems to take the bait. Hello? Does no one else think Danni is such a cool character? She's a Jedi and a scientist. She's made several important contributions to the war so far. She's even beautiful, and I think she's got a personality that might fit Kyp perfectly. She hasn't been exposed to his reputation her whole life so she might be less resistant than Jaina. Her scientist side also makes her very pragmatic- the kind who would tell Kyp like it is, but w/o the bite of Jaina and Mara.

Also consider this scene from DJ:

" 'This Danni Quee travels in style. Impressed, Zero-One?' [Kyp]asked, speaking too low for the comm to pick up.

NOT YET.

'Yeah for once we're agreed.' "

That my friends is classic foreshadowing.

I'm starting the Kyp/Danni bandwagon! Woo-hoo!

Somehow I think it will be as ineffective as last time- maybe I should start a whole thread on it; what do you guys think?

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    NOT KYP AND DANNI! They just aren't compatable.

Jaina/Kyp
    Jacen/Tahiri
    Jag/Tenel Ka
    Danni/Ganner

That's my three cent's worth.

17. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    Jacen/Tahiri? Hm...yep, most likely will happen since Anakin's gone now.

Jaina/Kyp? Yep, most definately! WHOO!

Danni/Ganner? Um...I don't know much about either of them. I know that Ganner was pretty funny in one of those books...

Jag/Tenel Ka? I have no clue, but I think it would work! :D

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Dude, you just have to agree with me on everything. It's your job. :D

19. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    only one problem with your theory,
    Jag should be with jaina, and tenel should be with jacen, but other than that...

*finds another table*

20. Rev_Leidu

Nov 22, 2001
    *gets out a blaster and aims it at Infiltrator* Jag sucks!`

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I think you like to make me mad. you like to disagree with me. You should be ducking behind that table of yours right about now... [face_devil]

PILLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry bout that

22. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    *cowers behind new table*

NO NOT THE PILLOWS

:)

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    That's better.

24. Rev_Leidu

Nov 22, 2001
    We need to get Val to lend us those diapers!

25. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Jacen/Tahiri is too creepy. Anyway, I don't Tahiri should be with anyone right now. She's only 15, so even if she were to move on and find someone else, there's no need for it to be anytime in the NJO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.