main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Tentatively Humorous

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jturtle, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Title: Tentatively Humorous
    Author: Jturtle
    Genre: OOC Humor
    Characters: Obi, Qui-Gon
    Summary: Just a silly OOC vignette for a challenge.
    Disclaimer: These characters are not mine. The plot (such as it is) is.
    Notes: This vignette was for an OOC challenge on a mailing list I belong to. We had about a month or so to write a vignette between 5 and 20 pages in Microsoft Word. It had to feature Obi-Wan and/or Qui-Gon OOC. There also had to be a reason for the behavior. After all of us submitted the stories, they were voted on. Of the three awesome stories submitted, I'm surprised to say this took first place. [face_clown] Silliness ahead, folks!

?And he blacked out.

?Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan! Are you alright??

?Fine, M?ter. Fine, fine.?

?Well, if you?re sure.? Qui-Gon paused, then?

?Come on, Padawan. We?re gonna be late.?

?Yes, Master.? When had Qui-Gon become whiny?

The ceremonial robes that had been provided for them to wear to the formal dinner were nothing short of bizarre. The vivid pink of the gown itself contrasted horribly with the dark green of the ceremonial cap. The cap in itself was quite a sight. Feathers from a ceremonially plucked bird adorned the brim and fell down to make Obi-Wan sneeze. Qui-Gon wore the robes with grace but frowned at Obi-Wan?s repeated attempts to remove the feather. ?Just leave it alone, Padawan. We?re going to be late.?

?Yes, Master.?

The species that populated the planet of WelDaar complimented the robes they demanded be worn for all ceremonial occasions. It didn?t seem possible but some of them actually looked good in the ridiculous things. A vaguely humanoid species, their colorings ranged from navy blue to white. They were bald, a single eye sat, somewhat precariously in Obi-Wan?s opinion, at the very peak of the domed head. The beings ranged from the smallest child sized adult to that of Qui-Gon?s stature. And Obi-Wan still couldn?t figure out why the blasted thing he was tripping over looked good on them.

After Obi-Wan had successfully tied the too big robe around himself with Qui-Gon harrying him in the background they departed after their guide.

The planet was a lush forest for most of the surface. The places where the species choose to hold their annual Meeting seemed to mirror this concept. Technically, it would have been considered out doors but it was sheltered none the less and very spread out. The entire complex covered well over two miles.

Their guide led them for about an hour which prompted Qui-Gon to ask if the young being was quite certain they were headed in the right direction.

?Yes, Master Jinn, as I told you about five minuets ago, we are indeed headed in the correct direction.?

?Really? I was informed that our quarters were to be quite close to the main gathering place.?

They are. Some of the guests spend well over three hours traveling from place to place here. You are quite lucky to have gotten rooms so close.?

?Then why aren?t we there yet?? Qui-Gon demanded of the poor little fellow as Obi-Wan had dubbed him.

The guide chose not to respond.

When they finally did arrive at the, well for lack of a better word, cluster of trees, they guide left in quite a hurry. ?Nice little chap, didn?t you think, Obi-Wan??

He too chose not to respond.

?Ah, our guests form another world, come right on in. We are very pleased to have you with us to observe this most special ceremony. It?s been a hundred years since we?ve renewed the bonds between us and the guiding force of our planet. The Jedi were gracious to attend last time and we are delighted to have the Jedi back for another time.? The man who didn?t stand higher than Obi-Wan?s midriff said all of this as though it were one very long sentence. Poor blokes Obi-Wan absently thought of the last set of Jedi to set foot in this nutcase of a planet.

?Well come in, come in. We?re so very pleased to have you with us??

Obi-Wan tuned out as he got a first glance of the ?gathering place? as the short being led them in.

Obi-Wan had been to many

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Whew, for Obi-Wan, indeed! I think things started getting dangerous for him when Qui-Gon said he was feeling 'springy'. [face_laugh] Good thing it wasn't a vision, too.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Are you Dutch? This was funny: 'Wel daar' and if he was checking Wiki or a Dutch dictionary he would have found something.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thank the Force that was all just a dream!!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. The_Sand_Monster

The_Sand_Monster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Oh, I bet he's really glad it was a dream!

No one seemed to be overly concerned with catching him, he realized, as he fell at an awkward angle to bang his head against the ground.

That was my favorite line, but the whole thing was really funny. Great job! :D =D=

6. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    hehe good one

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very entertaining. Poor Obi-Wan even in his dreams he cannot
    have any peace.
    I loved it.=D=

8. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Aw, poor Obi. hahahaha this was very fun :) Loved the "Dream" Qui.

~Jen~

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Too bad it wasn't a real mission. Too funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.