main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator 2

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by xIntoxicationx, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    What did all of you think about T2's theme? Discuss please, i'm a big T/Ahnuld fan.

2. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    I loved the score! It was very well done. It had that kind of impending doom kind of thing going for it. I was dissapointed though that in T3, they didn't have the same composer AND they didn't play the main theme until the credits.....just LAME!

3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I like when You Could Be Mine is played.

4. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    I love that theme. As had been said before, it just exudes this whole gravitance and feeling of impending doom. It seems to speak volumes of the main struggle in the films between man and his creations.

Regarding the rest of the soundtrack, I love Feidel's use of synthesizer. The rhythm he builds loop by loop in T-1000 is just fascinating; the whole thing reminds me of the sounds of clockwork. Quite a fitting sound for the main villain. Nuclear Nightmare is just spine-tingling; the sounds of the masses crying out in agony and the chords he uses perfectly convey the horrors of atomic weaponry gone wrong. I also enjoy the Tanker Chase. Very exciting, hardcore, testosterone-raising action music. (Insert Tim Allen manly-grunting-noise here)

On the whole, I'd love to know where Brad Feidel got some of his samples from. Some of the metallic hits were pretty amazing.

5. _dArTh_SoLo

Mar 11, 2002
    Why didn't Brad to T3? Did they even approach him?

6. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    It was all because of Cameron not directing T3. Thats why they didnt get Brad to do the 3rd movie. As for me I like both scores, they were well done.

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Very Moving Score for a film of that kind

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I always wished they had used a mixture of electronics and real orchestra on this. The main theme is great and SCREAMS for real strings.

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    You do have a point there stri

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    T2's score was great- "Trust Me", "I'll Be Back" and "Tanker Chase" being my personal favs (it always amazed me how the latter managed to build and build in intensity, and just when you tought it couldn't build any more, it built some more).

Sorely, SORELY dissapointed in T3's score... the music over the bombs at the end being the only halfway-decent track on the album, followed by the nice-but-where-was-it-in-the-damn-movie main theme over the credits.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Loved the music to the opening scenes of judgment day-I'm not even going to pretend to know what kind of instrument that is, but it's utterly fitting to what is about to happen.
    And the ominous, psycho-killer music for the T-1000 is badass.

12. _dArTh_SoLo

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorely, SORELY dissapointed in T3's score... the music over the bombs at the end being the only halfway-decent track on the album, followed by the nice-but-where-was-it-in-the-damn-movie main theme over the credits.

I agree. The one other piece I like is the one they play when the Terminator has been overridden by the TX and is about to kill John....I thought it was kind of moving, but was way too short.

13. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    I have all 3 Terminator soundtracks and T2 was the best by far..

T1 waaayyy to 80s and synth, and T3 lacked much of the depth present in T2

14. _dArTh_SoLo

Mar 11, 2002
    I love the orchestrations of the main theme in the credits...why couldn't they usse those in the films?

I want to edit it to put the main theme in there....now all I need is an editor!!!

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I like the theme they play for the T-1000 in T2 but the best is the T theme in the opening credits of Terminator.

16. _dArTh_SoLo

Mar 11, 2002
    I love the Terminator theme played in the beggining for 2, and I also love the T-1000 theme.

Brad Fiedel is very underated...

17. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Are you talking about the REAL Terminator 2?

Shocking Dark.

Look it up on IMDB. Hilarious.

18. JeremyVassago

JeremyVassago Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    One of Fiedel's best works, certainly, though my favorite score of his is "The Serpent and the Rainbow". I'm still hunting for his "Just Before Dawn"... it sounds haunting in the film...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.