main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines (possible spoilers wil be blacked out)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey,

Suppose to be released today nation wide. saw it last night, lol

Freeking cool, but it kinda stops short. Odd. And well - I've never been a Terminator person, but I think they stuffed up the naming of the films lol.

The second film was called Judgement Day Well, this one is actually Jedgement day cause it is enevitable. There was hardly any machine action as the name suggests and it's wide open for a another - or it will end and we have to imagine what happens next.

Kind of a weird ending. But some great action scenes. It was basically - how much money can you spend on smashing stuff up - like awesome cars. lol

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah I saw T3 last night as well at Moorhouse.

I was really amped for this movie having sort of followed its build up, and the screenings of the first two on telly a couple of weeks ago.

So I too was a little disappointed with it. Apart from it being short compared to T2 it did sort of just finish abruptly. Can't say I minded the ending as it was a new twist. And yes I've heard talk there may well be more Terminators.

Thought it did miss Linda Hamilton, but thougth Nick Stahl did a good job as John Connor and Arnie was very good - great humour from a machine, and of course The Terminatrix (T-X) was a stunner, wow what a hottie!!

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    d00d, I was at Morehouse on Wed night. Might ahve seen ya and not realised it :p

Yea, time flew past - thought it was too short. And damn that chick was hot.

Loved the hand through the chest to drive the car when she was the chicks fiance lol. John being in the coffin was bull**** though, he would have been hit from some of those bullets, bah.[/color]

4. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    t-3 the director should be shoot for destroying a great franchise.

i was erverly disapponited with this movie it totaly threw anything done in t-2 out the window james cameron should do t-4 and they send a terminator back to kill the director of t-3.

there were critical plot flaws threw out the whole movie such as john not knowing the t-800s were mass produced he should have know this already as one came after his mum and the one sent to protect him was destroyed think it was the same one is retarded also how he dies in the future is like this it bloody stupid.

t-x was a crap actor trying to rip off robert patricks style from t-2 so what if shes hot it doesnt make her a good actor

and the whole skynet resarection thing there is no insight into this at all how did the milatry develope it after cyberdyne was utterly destroyed.

end rant

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    //mental note: reply to this post when head and jaw is not in pain//

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Totally agree with you SFL about the hand thru the chest scene, reminded me of the whole ripping out of the spine in Species, really awesome stuff.

I also like the scene with Dr Silberman - man did he **** himself, don't know how many people would have realised who he was though.

Overall though it didn't seem to be dark enough, sort of like when Batman Forever came out after the first two.

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    The doctor silbermen scene was the only good scene in the movie me anf my mate laughed a lot nobody else laughed but they all laughed at the stupid stuff which we didnt laugh at.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    It was the most unrealistic scene of the lot. Bullets can go through a hell of a lot more than a wood coffin. I said to my mate: "Where's John? There's no way he's in the coffin!" And bingo - lame.

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    i dont mean the whole stupid coffin thing i mean just the dr and him seeing the the t-800 the coffin should of exploded with all the guns and explosives that was in it. And if anything was unreal it was the whole t-x taking control of the police and fire vehicals gimick i can see it working on high tech stuff but cars and trucks it wouldnt work unless see like magneticly charged the whole vehical how the else is she ment to drive the damm things with out being there there onboard computers dont have anything to do with the manual controls

10. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I thought that from the look of the bullet holes in the coffin and the sound they made that it was made of metal and not wood.

Another scene(s) that i thoiught were good was when the T-X executed the drive thru kid and the kid at the party, sort of like the T-800 killing one of the Sarah Connors in the original.

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea.

RE: coffin made of metal.

Yea, but bullets don't magically stop at metal. All movies are bull**** where people hide beihind a car door from bullets. The would have gone through the coffin, through john and kept going (of cource depending on the ballistics). But John, no doubt, would have come out a bit sore. But don't believe me, jump in a similar coffin and get someone with an automatic weapon to shoot it. Come talk to me after. :)

:p

12. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > Yea, but bullets don't magically stop at metal. All movies are bull**** where people hide behind a car door from bullets.

This is a particularly American phenomenon SFL. Hollywood films seem to invent all sorts of "rules" about what bullets can and can't do. Also, in Hollywood films all handguns sound like cannons going off.

If you watch a lot of UK and foreign films like I do, you realise how "produced" the firearm sounds in American movies are.

13. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah I guess you guys are right about the whole bullet thing, Hollywood is full of crap. This is especially noticeable with cars and other things exploding when they haven't been shot up very badly at all.

One of the main annoyances of T3 was the fact that they din't really explain how Judgement Day could still occur after the events of T2. If all the data on Cyberdyne was destroyed how could it continue? There was the whole Claire Danes dad thing, but that was just skimming the surface.

It is no wonder Jim Cameron didn't want to direct it. Would have been interseting to see what he would have done if he had written the script and directed.

14. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I think the problem Hollywood is facing.... is that you can't dazzle people with SFX anymore. :cool:

Technology has become too good???

15. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    when the original Christopher Reeeves Superman film came out, the tagline was "You'll believe a man can fly!".

Now some kid in his bedroom with an iMac can make better SFX than the films of ten years ago. I agree with what you say, although I think the problem is twofild. In the late 70s and early 80s Hollywood started putting a lot more SFX into their films. (You can probably blame a certain Mr. Lucas for this ...) in order to dazzle the audience. The shift went from plot, dialogue and acting to pure eye-candy. Which was great for while ... because people _were_ dazzled. But I think that we've become a lot more savy about how things are done now. Look at films like "Independance Day" or "Godzilla" ... it always amazes me that studios can justify spending hundeds of millions of dollars on effects, but won't pay for a decent script ...

16. 2DARK

2DARK Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2003
    It's been about 6 years now.... & I still can't get over Arnie getting 25 million dollars to play Mr Freeze in Batman & Robin.

Apparently it's the only movie he's been in that he doesn't have in his personal DVD collection.

But I'm sure his bank account likes it....

17. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Haha, you guys are complaining about Physics in a Hollywood movie, the irony of it is that you're signed up to a Star Wars message board. I repeat a Star Wars messageboard! Blaster bolts can bounce off any surface, lightsabers have a defined length, explosions in space look like they do on land (and the make noise despite not having air) and the list goes on!

I thought Terminator 3 was a great film, personally I thought it was better than T2 because quite frankly T2 is a big budget rehash of T1.

T3, T1, then T2.

18. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Whether or not I mind about scientific errors in movies, usually depends on whether the movie draws attention to the science, or not. In movies like cartoons and fantasy, you're usually invited to completely ignore all you know about science upon entry, so it isn't noticable.

But I can remember finding the scientific errors in the movie GATTACA annoying, mainly because it set itself up as a 'scientific thriller' and it was shown to us in biology class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.