main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV TERMINATOR 3

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    AWESOME MOVIE! thats all I will say about it for now. Inean and I just watched it and were throughouly surprised. Everyone should get out there and watch it, although I am pretty sure most everyone will anyway.. I mean come on, its Terminatior 3......

good stuff

2. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Yes! We rented T2 to watch before we went to see it, but we have yet to see it. Maybe tomarrow or on the weekend...

(hint, hint, Toku)

3. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    YES Toku, take the hint and take Jaded to see it.... INCREDIBLE...

I'm gonna feel real dumb if everyone else hated it.....

4. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    a bunch of us saw it last night and it was sweet :)

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Oh come on, I'll go see it but you cant tell me this no-name director and the terminator Bimbo were nearly as good as T2? Dont post spoilers please.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    As good as T2: NO
    A fitting end to a Trilogy: YES!!

7. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I am in agreement

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Its only a trilogy becuase they have made 3, it wasn't planned that way and it wont be when this makes enough money to churn out another one and another one, until you have dolph lungren playing the terminator and will weaton playing john conner.

Sorry I know Im ranting but I just cant see, cant imagine this movie stacking up to the other two at all.

I'll be the first one to admit Im wrong and hope I am but....nah, never happen (t3 being good not me being wrong, THAT happens all the time).

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I kinda think of the Terminator TRILOGY... like the original Star Wars trilogy.

The first one was a fantastic story told as best as they could with the effects of the time and the budget.

The second one was more adult, refined, and overall better. They had a bigger budget and had use of a lot more special effects, to tell the story more realistically.

The third one is a great conclusion. Sure, it's a lot of eye candy and had more comic relief, but it was a solid story and had a strong message. And the best thing that both RotJ and T3 did, was that the endings were only temporary victories. In both, they leave the story at a place where you know a lot must still go on, but the characters deserve praise for getting them that far.

I really enjoyed the movie, but I think that a Terminator 4 would definatly be a mistake. As I said before, T3 was a fitting ending.

10. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I just wanted to say...lok at my sig

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    LOL Gerson!!!!!!!!

BTW Galaxies

wait, wait, wait a minute. Jaded you RENTED T2. You guys dont have the DVD?

12. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Nope. I wanted to rent the DVD, but they only had one copy of the movie left, and it was a tape. :(

I haven't seen T2 or T3, but it would surprise me if they made a T4 even if T3 is a huge hit. I remember when T2 came out--it was a huge hit! Everybody talked about it (but my parents wouldn't let me see it). Yet, even though T2 was a huge hit and made tons of money, it took them what, 12 years to make a T3? I don't think the money is motivation to make a sequal in this case. At least not a slap-it-together-so-we-can-be-even-more-filthy-rich-than-we-already-are type sequal. But what do I know?

13. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    I liked T3 and I wouldn't be upset if they made another one. What's the big deal?

I say, "so long as none of them REALLY suck, why stop?"

Aren't there now five, yes count them, FIVE star wars movies? with a sixth one coming out in just a few short years?

Please don't give me the, "but this is STAR WARS!'" bs because there are movies that are just as cool as star wars. :)

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
  15. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I thought it was awefull! The worst terminator movie ever made!!

16. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    No, that's not cool!

Why did you think that?

17. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Arnold used too much emotion when playing the Terminator. You shouldn't see facial expressions or hear many vocal dynamics in my opinion when you're acting like a machine. That's how the first two were. There should be no internal struggle of emotions!

The one-liners were too stupid for me. Why do they even have to be there? The first two didn't have that crap at all!

It was more like a spoof than a serious movie.

Oh yeah and T-X screaming at the end??? what is up with that???? She's not some kind of Monster, she's supposed to be a machine!!!

18. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    No stupid one-liners in the first movies? Ummm... "Hasta la vista, baby" and "I'll be back" come to mind....

19. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    When T1 and T2 were out "I'll be back" was more of an Arnold trade mark and was used in every movie he stared in. "I'll be back" was born in T1 and therefore was not a ?stupid? just a ?good? one-liner.

"Hasta La Vista Baby" was THE only unnecessary line in T2 but it was appropriately placed and actually humorous in the 80's.

There was an OVERABUNDACE of stupid one-liners in T3 that were just plain irritating. It?s just a show of poor directing/writing.

20. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    I agree with you on the thing with the screaming T-X. I thought that was dumb.

However, I do not think that Arnold showed any emotion! When did he do that? At the end he was struggling with two conflicting missions, but I never saw him struggling with emotion. :) (I am not trying to rag on you, BTW)

What is wrong with a little humor? I loved the part with the sunglasses!! You have to admit that was pretty dang funny! :)

21. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I'd hate to discuss this too much for those that havn't seen it. So I won't point out anymore parts. But I will refer to a part that was in the trailors: "I am a machine..." that whole scene there looked like Arnold was angry or struggling with something. It was just too much emotion for a machine to be displaying.

22. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Hmmm...

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah that scen in particular was stupid!

I didnt like it either.

24. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    well, since i finally got around to seeing this movie tonite i thought i would reply on this post.....because i need an excuse not to write my modern lit paper......anyways.....good movie.... entertaining..... definitely not as cool as T2 but still enjoyable...... if they made another one it would be sorta stupid because the war is inevitable, stopping the war was never the point, and basically if they made another one it would just be a war movie.....oh well.....i give it 3 1/2 billy crystals......

25. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Terminator was never meant to be a trilogy... They're making a Terminator 4, it's a fact!

(Note: May contain SPOILERS!)

http://www.upcomingmovies.com/terminator4.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.