main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Terminator Comic help

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by sith_rising, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Does anyone remember the comic company that put out a Terminator-based comic in the late 80's? I tried Google and Wikipedia but only find the Dark Horse stuff. The art wasn't great, but I used to read it monthly before T2 hit theaters. Thanks!

2. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    This one by Marvel?

Link

Or, there was NOW comics: wiki link who did a few Terminator series but seem to have disappeared as the link to their official website doesn't work.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Now Comics, that's the one! Thanks a lot, I couldn't remember the company at all, I just remember getting an issue after seeing The Abyss on the big screen. Yeah, I'm old.

4. IronGoldie

IronGoldie Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    All the Now Comics stuff is out of print. I've actually seen all of the original issues of the Terminator:Burning Earth series that Alex Ross painted at a comic shop here. They fetch for ten bucks apiece or something.....

I actually have the first issue of the Married... With Children comic Now released... Found it at a toy collectibles and comic show.

5. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I have many of these but i don't remember much about them. I'll check when I get home(in library now) to see who there by. I'd say Darkhorse but both image and valiant come to mind.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    NOW Comics had the Terminator series from 1988 through 1990. It ran for 17 issues and cumulated in two mini-series, "The Burning Earth" and "All My Futures Past". TBE chronicles the end of the war and AMFP leads us into the first film. After that, Marvel published the comic adaptation of the second film and then Dark Horse took over with several mini-series from 1991 through 1993, including "RoboCop vs Terminator". Malibu then took over in 1995 with two mini-series, but then the company became fully intergrated with Marvel and all Malibu material ceased by 1996. Dark Horse got the rights back in 1997 or 98.

7. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2006
    Darth-sinister gets the final word, I guess.

I only poked my head in here because I actually collected this series. I have Nos. 2-17, and can't find #1 anywhere. Then again, I haven't been actively pursuing it since I haven't bought any comics since then, but it would be nice to have to complete the series. I also have all five BURNING EARTH comics, and the artwork is very good, much more like what I envisioned those environments to be like from the few glimpses in the movies.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think I recall that those first two issues were sold out in NOW's back issue bins. Reprints weren't done. My advice would be to search E-Bay and any comic store near you. I'm sure there's at least one store that might have it, if someone sold their copy. Though this is probably more of a national search than a local one by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.