main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA TERMINATOR SALVATION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Saw it last night, and I will say this...

It was far from Ghost Rider bad (or even T3 Mediocre), but McG needs to work on some things for T5. He certainly explored some interesting themes, but I found some of his choices... lacking.

But dude, Roland Kickinger with the CGI'd Arnie cameo FTW (for the win)!

-TJ

2. TKJoker

TKJoker Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2009
    So what I'm guessin is definately not as good as Star Trek but not horrifically bad like Wolverine?

3. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    No, it wasn't Wolverine bad... but if you're tight on money (like my roommate) you might want to wait till it goes to DVD or the cheap theatres at Sunrise Mall and save your cash for something 'better'. He's waiting for the new Sam Raimi flick.

-TJ

4. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    I just came back from seeing the movie this afternoon and I had no problem with it at all. Was it T2..no but overall I thought it was #2 behind T2. Overall there is only so much storytelling they could tell with the machines, John Conner, Kyle, etc. Without giving away any of the movie overall I thought it was quite satisfying. You can't just stick in 20 story lines just to keep the critics happy. The special effects were awesome just as tight as the new Star Trek movie and overall the acting was very sufficient. I do agree with the critics that Sam Worthington stole the movie even over Anton Yelchin and Christian Bale but everyone did a great job. I did also enjoy the 3rd Terminator movie as well and this far exceeded that one. Disappointed that the end credits wasn't included on the soundtrack on cd instead they added Rooster by Alice In Chains. Perhaps there will be an expansion score in the future. Early indications say $70 for this new installment of Terminator and I really do hope that there will be a 5th. Again I quite enjoyed it :)

Alex

5. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, you and I tend to disagree on movies, Alex. ;)

Like I said, it's not a terrible movie, but I don't think how McG tried to reinvent Terminator worked out nearly as well as Abram's turn on Star Trek.

-TJ

6. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I caught Terminator Salvation this morning and I was pleasantly surprised by it! I had this big red "warning" light going off in my head after the Rotten Tomatoes review and well, McG as the director! I don't really like this guys work at all. He's in company with Brett (I killed X3) Ratner and Ewe (everything I touch is horrible) Boll. I mean the guy has an ego the size of Texas that he put his name in the opening credits by itself, twice!

Anyway, back to the film; I thought that the story was pretty good, didn't really like Kyle Reese, but I enjoyed it overall with Connor and the resistance. I've been watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles and I thought that this movie had the gritty military feel to the resistance like it did in the show, which I liked! Shame the show got the axe, but thats Fox for you. The Terminators were excellent, I really liked the T-600's and the T-800 at the end, was sweet! Awesome how they did that, worked perfectly! Oh and Moon Bloodgood, besides having the coolest name ever, is smok'n hot and a pretty kick ass chick in this too!

All in all, I really liked this movie, leaps and bounds better then Wolverine, but so far Star Trek is still the big summer movie. I say go check it out, thumbs up from me.

Later,
    ~DZ

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I thought it was good as well. Good story, particularly the character with the infiltration prototype. Very well done. Caulk one up for making the one and only look better than himself.

8. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    Wow cool..2 more people enjoyed the movie..great considering the terrible reviews and also not quite making 70 million in the first 4 days plus losing to the new Night at the Museum movie. How's it going Devin?

Alex

9. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    For those whom have see the Terminator Salvation movie..McG had filmed an alternative ending..spoiler for those who haven't..I'm not going to post the article here but the link is below for those who have seen the whole film already..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30966548/

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Thankfully they chose not to go with that ending. I could come up with some pretty juicy metaphors for a movie like that with the name Salvation in the title, but, you know... this is a family friendly board and all. [face_whistling]

I'm glad some people genuinely enjoyed the film - personally I think it had a lot of flaws but hey... let's hope McG makes an even better one next time.

-TJ

11. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    I'm kind of wondering if perhaps with as many people disappointed in the film not being up to standards for people like you and many other people plus the critics..heck it even dropped off the top films of the week quite a bit and is behind the amount Terminator 3 made..that they should get rid of McG and get a whole new crew of screenwriter, director, etc. A lot of people are chiming in at rottentomatoes.com especially the part of the top of the week. I realize you didn't say it was terrible plus I really liked it but at the same time I'm not oblivious around me of what people think of this new movie.

Alex

12. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    To be clear, I am not condemning this movie. I simply think whatever movie McG intended to make ultimately didn't get made thanks to bad writing or studio executives' interference. McG did more with the franchise then Mostow did, but he's certainly NOT James Cameron.

-TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.