main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I got permission to start a separate thread for the TV series. So it takes place after T2: Judgement Day and Fox is supposed to be picking it up. I'll definately check it out when it starts to air although I won't even try to compare it to the movies. Here is the first picture from it:

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/sc.jpg]

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Frankly, I think this show is about 10 years too late. I'll probably check it out when it airs but I don't picture it sticking around long.

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I shall place my cynical hat on and say it's going to blow.
    I imagine they can't factor another terminator into a TV show as it would clash with established plots from the movies. Would that leave us with a mother-son drama show with her slowly going nuts trying to protect her son from Judgement Day (which we already know paradoxically has to happen)?

Sorry, but the hat is on, and isn't coming off.

4. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Sadly, this will most likely die after the pilot. I do believe the majority of people are now beyond caring about The Terminator series anymore. And it used to be good too, before T3...

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    T3 was crap apart from the last 10 minutes or so, when you appreciate where the plot had been going, and the promise of a plot after judgement day. If they did a TV show about the period immediately after judgement day it would probably work.

This sounds terrible.

6. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    How could it even work. Didn't John Conner say no more Terminators came after T2 and that his mom and him just kept running. But I also heard they casted Two terminators. Again a good one and a bad one. I really can't see this lasting long. How could it. How many time machines did the machines have. And isn't it weird they would always send back a machine when the humans knew about it. Also we know John and Sarah can't die because Sarah dies of cancer and John lives.

7. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah, I agree with malkie and Beowulf. T3 kinda killed this whole idea. Besides, like was stated above, I'm not sure how much people care about Terminator anymore anyway.

Edit: Well except Chuck Sherman. :p

[image=http://www.btmartin.com/images/chucksherman.jpg]

8. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    If they don't have Terminators come and try to kill them, I won't watch.

If not, whats the entire point of this being Sarah Conners chronicles? They might as well title it The Jane McGee Chronicles.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The show should focus on Sarah's preparations with John, the people they meet, problems with the law, maybe tracking down Skynet assets, etc. The whole "sending a terminator back in time" bit is too oevrused- T3 shouldn't have even had it, really.

It's like Smallville, to a degree- showing the evolution of a character focusing on mainly original plotlines and characters (or existing characters in new plots).

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The Sarah Conner Chronicles is officially a go for Fox this fall.

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    They can't get a plot out of this unless they pretend T3 never happened.

Which if you think about it could be interesting and end the lame death from Cancer plotline for Sarah

12. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Lena Headey's in it. That's enough for me.

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Doesn't everyone pretend that T3 never happened?

14. ZodVertigo

ZodVertigo Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Not me, I'm actully one of the few that liked T3, though I don't think I like the idea for this show, I'm more excited abou the new movies that are being made.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There's a few clips up on youtube: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32722

16. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I liked T3 as well. Wonder if they'll have an alternate universe where Judgement Day really did happen in 97

17. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003

AGREED! Time traveling terminators are kind of done. Training John, on the lam, from both the law and Cyberdyne(?) agents. The company picking up the peices and continue work on SKYNET.

If they ever ran a couple of good seasons, and got to Judgement Day, I'd like to see a Jericho-type way to run it. But with terminators.[face_skull]

18. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    IIRC Summer Glau (River Tam of Firefly/Serenity) is supposed to be playing one of many Terminators the series will use.

19. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    [face_plain]

That looks like the worst thing to ever happen to the Terminator franchise. Horrible.

20. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Alot of people like to leave it at T2: Judgement Day, where the day is saved - but for those that cared about the fact that T2 doesn't actually make any sense in regards to timeline continuity, T3 was a welcome lifting ground for future machine war projects, which it enabled (albeit poorly) in restoring the franchise's timeline.

Regardless of all that though, ignoring the fact that this series seemingly pisses all over T3 as well as the previous two Cameron movies (John en co. using the time displacement machine? What is this, the Universal Studios ride?), it just looks terrible (save from a few endo-skeleton special effects shots). The Terminator actor looks like a guy trying to be Arnold Schwarzenegger isntead of a Terminator. And that little scrawny girl from Firefly as a Terminatrix?... ridiculous.

21. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    I know filmmakers like to move on, do other stuff, but I miss Cameron!:(
    And i REALLY hate 'Hollywood' people who 'love' \insert franchise\ and totally
    @*%$!^# UP!!!!!!
    T3 does not exist on my movie shelf.

I'll wait and see how it is.
    But there is only one Sarah Conner and thats Linda Hamilton.=P~

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I quite liked T3, especially the end sequence which I still find shocking.

The show looks terrible.

23. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    i thought it looked ok... but im not exactly a terminator obsessive or anything so... meh. i'll give it a chance when it airs.

speaking of, when will it air?

-doodie

24. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    The only redeeming quality of this show is that Summer Glau (River Tam) is in it.

25. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Sarah Connor is played by Lena Headey. That's a greater redeeming quality than Summer Glau by a long shot. It's too bad this series probably won't do well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.