Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Vince Jedi Master

star 3
    In the first theatrical trailer for Terminator Salvation, I thought I saw a frame of Stephanie Jacobsen, but I assume that's Moon Bloodgood.

I would love to see a little link to the show in the new film, but I don't think that's going to happen. I am absolutely in love with this TV show -- it's better than I ever thought it could be.
  2. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That would be awesome- though I'm not sure they'd have two characters in one movie end up being machines.
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Both machines? No. An organic being the inspiration for a machine? Yes plz. IIRC, there was a non-canon Terminator novel that (coincidentally) had a female Terminator, and had another character that was an Austrian-born black-ops commando, who was the template for the "Ah-nuld" Terminators.
  4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Apparently, Terminator Salvation DOES have THAT ending, if you know what I'm talking about. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

[face_plain]
  5. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    RE: Time Travel.

I've always just figured, considering how much the plots really do depend on loops, that the machines just have a fundamentally flawed understanding of time travel, and as a consequence so do the humans. I keep hoping for someone to realize, "Wait...this isn't how time travel works...we can't grandfather paradox...the fact that we're alive, fighting the machines, means they will, ultimately, fail to kill John Connor..."
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I don't think it does- the writers talked recently about endings they abandoned and that was one of them. I don't think they'd give the ending away just to service misinformation that only a few people would be affected by.

It depends on how time travel works- grandfather paradoxes and timeloops are dependent on the notion that time flows in more than 1 direction and that dislodging an individual from the normal flow of time subjects them to any alterations of their past, or if they'd be unaffected by being "behind the wave".

And, since the movies and series show that the future CAN be changed, it appears "behind the wave" is the way it works.
  7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So I was watching interviews with Star Trek cast members and had an odd thought:

Anton Yelchin doesn't remind me at all of Michael Biehn, but he reminds me a LOT of John Connor from TSCC.

Hmm.
  8. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    So Dollhouse got the thumbs up for more, how about TSCC??
  9. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Fox is probably waiting to see what happens with Terminator Salvation to see if they'll bring back TSCC. I really hope they bring it back, which I think they will. Terminator Salvation seems to be looking pretty good.
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Unfortunately Fox announces it's schedule Monday, 3 days before Terminator even opens.

Thankfully, it'll probably be more of a WB decision than a Fox decision of whether the show is cancelled.
  11. gonzoforce Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, Fox renewed Dollhouse, which many people, including myself thought would be canceled, so who knows now.
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    So... TSCC is now cancelled, and Dollhouse is renewed. [face_plain]
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Hopefully WB will shop the show to a different network. [face_praying]
  14. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I hope that is the case. I really want to see more TSCC.
  15. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm trying VERY hard not to slip into a Dollhouse vs. TSCC mentality. I like Dollhouse, and I don't want to start hating it by thinking of how much more TSCC deserved to be renewed.

I'll just have to defect all that negativity onto Fringe. Star Trek was good, but other than that I say **** J.J. Abrams.
  16. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I apologize in advance for this.

It's dead Jim!

Ron
  17. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    For me, I guess it means I'll have to give Dollhouse a shot. I loved Firefly, never watched other stuff by Joss, but i guess it's worth giving a shot now. I just never really liked the premise of Dollhouse. It sorta lacked the appeal that frikken terminators have. =P~

And TSCC had Leana Headley and Summer Glau. =P~ Oh yeah, it had TERMINATORS!!!!!

Not overly happy right now. :(
  18. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Terminator was the superior show, by far the best thing after BSG on the air this season.

Dollhouse...gets better as it goes along. It had 2 or 3 really good episodes towards the end, with a so-so finale.
  19. Jedi Vince Jedi Master

star 3
    This is so sad -- I absolutely LOVE this show. The quality of the cast and the writing is off the charts.

What is Fox thinking?
  20. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Personally I think the fact that they did a full 22 episodes for season two is partly what killed it, they should have just done it in smaller bursts.
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'm most surprised they wouldn't want to at least do a half-season to try and cash in on the new movie.
  22. gonzoforce Force Ghost

star 5
    If it's a choice between Joss Whedon or Terminator, I'd stick with Whedon. His shows take some time before they get great. Look at Buffy, it's first season wasn't that great, it wasn't till season 2 that Buffy became great.

As for Terminator, it would of been interesting to see where they would of taken this show, I'm actually much more interested in the show than the upcoming movie, I'm sorry, but no Terminator movie will surpass T2, especially one directed by MCG. The only reason I'm even gonna see the movie is cause of Christian Bale.
  23. Mazzic Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty much the most terrible news ever.
  24. gonzoforce Force Ghost

star 5
    While I wish this show would of come back,at least it had 2 seasons, unlike My So Called-Life or Freaks and Geeks or Wonderfalls.
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It's just a shame that it had to deal with a shortened first season due to the writer's strike- I'm grateful we got what we got, but it's just frustrating that Fox would go with the "might get good" show over the "is already great" show, Whedon or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.