main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    on that note... ;)

2. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Oh well, so much for this show. :)

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    :_|

I'm holding out for T4 to be awesome and for someone else to pick this up.

But I have this suspicious feeling I shouldn't pin my hopes on T4.

4. KrelleK

KrelleK Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2009
    Hey i am I guess you can call it a representative from some fellow TtSCC-fans from another TtSCC you might know about this site allready, if so, then thats is good, that would like it to be renewed by some other network, i come with a few links that we would like you to take a look at and spread it to you friends that is fans as well

http://twitter.com/Craigatscifi/status/1839918505

and send wishes for it to be renewed here

feedback@scifi.com

a few of has also had the following idea, see beneath

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/thread/2854282/Can+We+Fund+Season+3%3F

if interested

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/Fan+Funded+Season+3+Pledges

Well wishes from a fellow TtSCC fan

5. The_Smirking_Revenge

The_Smirking_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2008
    This Show has been Terminated....And with good reason. It just, unfortunately, had no place in the Terminator franchise, It failed to follow the originally designed structure. The show could've worked had it not relied so heavily on characters whose fates had already been written.

-T_S_R

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    How so? T3 doesn't exist for the TV series storyline, and both T1 & T2 had Sarah and John as the main characters and they were certainly under threat. Everyone else was pretty much new and could have had any outcome.

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm sad to see that this show didn't get renewed. The pilot episode was not good, but since then I've enjoyed it. I'll miss the characters.

8. The_Smirking_Revenge

Jul 2, 2008

My point exactly... It flat out chose to ignore one of the films, albeit the worst of the 4, but important non-the-less... Now with the new Salvation films, the show truly has no place, except as an alt-universe type a deal. Hell, Salvation pretty much ignores the majority of the T3 plot, but it still manages to maintain the important pieces of the puzzle i.e. Judgment Day still occurs and Connor's wife...

-T_S_R

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    And Buffy the Vampire Slayer ignored a lot of what happened in the movie, while keeping some elements. I don't see what's wrong with having two concurrent spin-offs of the same pair of films.

And frankly, TSCC is a much better production than T3 OR T:S. I'd rather they stop the movies and keep the show.

10. The_Smirking_Revenge

Jul 2, 2008
    Well there's no accounting for taste... [face_whistling]

And the reason the Buffy series ignored the Buffy movie was because Whedon wasn't happy about how he was able to make the film, he had much more control over the show, so he chose to ignore the film.

Eveyone is entitled to their opinion, but that show just wasn't that good. Remember, this is coming from someone who actually watched the show.

-T_S_R

11. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    I just prefer a strong character-driven ensemble piece to a movie about a Gary Stu who has no place in the larger scope of the series.

Actually it's pretty amazing that Bale's Connor could be in the film as much as he was and still have zero character development. Go McG...[face_plain]

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the whole appeal of the series was because it DID ignore T3- instead it chose to be a sequel to T2 and more properly follow-up on those characters in ways T3 was unable to do due to Linda Hamilton's unavailability.

It's a separate continuity, but that's not a bad thing considering the stellar quality of the series and it more or less outclassing T3 and TS in almost every way (shy the sheer quantity of action in TS).

And it still has a place in the mythos- the TV series clearly maintains the suggestion of maleable futures (a concept T3 introduced). So you have T1 & T2, afterwhich they've changed the future (thus delaying Judgement Day for T3), Sarah dies and T3 happens. The events of T3 change the future again, leading to Cameron and Cromartie being sent back, which changes the future again. Salvation could either be the future that existded prior to the T-X's mission or the end result of the actions taken during TSCC (but as to how that happens we'll never know for certain).

Plus, I believe they said they would have tied the TV series into the movie if they could have, but they were developed at the same time and it wasn't possible.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Found this in the UK area... a possibility, at least...

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    It would be nice if that came true. I miss TSCC

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    WB didn't fail with the B5: TLT DVD movies. It's sales actually surpassed their expectations. It's only a combination of the writer's strike and JMS determined to make a big budget B5 movie or nothing at all that stopped them from making more.

16. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    I heard that all the cast have moved on...

Such a shame, I saw salvation yesterday and I can safely say I?d rather watch any episode of the Sarah Connor chronicles, even the ones I hate.

Sarah Connors Chronicles gave us the best performance of john Connor much better than T3's disappointing John Connor and salvation's boring do-nothing saviour, T2 didn?t really have the time to develop John Connor much (much like T1 with Sarah).

Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor was hard to beat but it didn't take me long to recognise Lena Headly as Sarah Connor, it was still enjoyable to watch this character and I glad they chose to use the next best thing which is still amazing.

I don?t like Ellison as a character, but I think that?s part of his role to be this outsider to the family and the audience is meant to see him partly from that perspective.

Some of the minor characters annoyed me a bit in SCC, things like Derek's girlfriend and the terminators of the week, Catherine Weaver annoyed me a lot at first, but slowly warmed to pass as acceptable later in the season. One character was truly fantastic. John Henry, it was an odd pleasure to see a killing machine play with Lego Bionicle, am sometimes his robot attitude mixed with a bit of naivety and playfulness was something I could relate to. Cameron is another well played terminator but I?m sure with plenty of fanboys I don?t need to say anything on her behalf.

I'm a huge fan of Michael Biehn's Kyle Reese and was a bit disappointed in the series' portrayal in 'Dungeons and Dragons' and 'Goodbye to all that' but they make a good job in 'The Good Wound' and 'Born to Run'. Salvation's Reese is disappointing, they seems to be a large opinion on the internet that his portrayal was good, they screwed up though by making him too important, he should be the one saving John Connor like in SCC. Although time travel has changed things, he really should have been in concentration camp at the start of the film; it?s an important part of his character. Oh, how has Kyle earned his coat at the end? If you want to give him something give him the picture of Sarah Connor, not the coat, or at least put the picture in the coat.

The plot of protecting Kyle was stupid; it?s not even the same character timeline-wise, if he dies then it won?t affect timeline 1 and Kyle will still go back, I guess that depends on interpretation of timelines, but its did seem stupid that John had to protect Reese so that he could protect Sarah who must protect John who then must protect Reese. It would have been averted if it hadn?t been that John?s Connor does nothing else in the film. It?s not like he would vanish out of existence if Kyle died there and then, Skynet could have just not made the time displacement equipment.

How on earth did Skynet know about the other timelines? It can?t be the T-X as that was still in 21st century judgement day timelines.

17. The_Smirking_Revenge

Jul 2, 2008
    I couldn't disagree with you more, but what else is new. You people are always contrary to anything and everything. The series was not good, I mean at all. It had absolutely nothing going for it except the fact that it had the name Terminator in the title, a lot of potential, and poor follow through, which is always the case with these little spin-offs. I think, once again, people wanted to like it more than they actually liked it. Good riddance, and next time, they should just try something a little more risky and exciting instead of rehashing the previous films for two seasons. The people behind this show had about as much taste and imagination as the dead.

-T_S_R

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We'll just have to disagree then. Following BSG and Lost, TSCC was the best series on TV, Terminator name or not :)

And even then, when one of your best moments, period, is just two people talking in a hotel room and not an action sequence, you know you've done Terminator properly.

19. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    *i hate it when people state their own opinions as if they were fact.

*who are you to say what people wanted?

-doodie

20. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    This is one of my favorite shows of all time. I just got a Blu-ray player, and am thinking of upgrading my DVD set.

Does anyone have this on Blu-ray? If so, how is it?

21. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I'd happily take SCC over Lost any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Also, John and Jessie in the hotel room is without question my favorite Terminator scene ever.

22. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    Sure its a good scene, but for me, nothing compares to the endings of the last two episodes.

23. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    Ironic much?

24. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I liked it a lot. Season two opened strong and I think there were brillaint episodes . . . but in the second half there were also failures. You can´t allow yourself to have episodes with nothing happening (not even permanent character developing) if you are under threat of cancellation . . .

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the only lull was around the insomnia episode- but even then there was some great stuff with ehr and the guy in the van.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.