main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Spike2002, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. In fact, some bits were pretty damn good.

Anyone else catch it?

2. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    My mate showed me the first episode the other week, it wasn't bad at all.

May watch more on some streaming site.

3. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Forgot this was on - I acquired the leaked copy of the pilot, and some parts had been changed in the pilot that was aired tonight - either way I thought it was quite enjoyable, but not brilliant - the US is on Episode 6 now - I have managed to acquire all 6, and it gets better.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I saw a trailer for it, and the minute I heard that terribly weak, and now hackneyed delivery of "Come with me if you want to live" I vowed to never watch it.

5. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    "Get out!" ;)

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I take it the Governator is not in this series?

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Nah, they've got River Tam from Firefly as the protective Terminator.

It's a bit loose with the canon :p

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    D'oh! I meant to catch this, but missed the first episode! :rolleyes:
    I caught the ads for it though, was slightly dubious about Summer Glau playing a terminator, she doesn't have that monotonous voice that's synominous with their human-ending selves, or did the episode prove that wrong?

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I've gotten all the episodes aired so far, and yes, it just keeps getting better with some good twists.

And when Brian Austin Green joins... damn so the show get twisted! In a good way of course.

Imagine the scene in T2 where she sees the Terminator and backpedels? Okay, that is still more awesome, but this show is so far just right there underneath it in the awesomeness factor.

And Spike, you now how I kept ribbing BSG about how it beats you over the head with the "are we alive" stuff, well, this show does it right, so far at least. They give you just enough. :D

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, don't be dissin' the BSG ;)

11. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    To quote one of my fav online comics, Darths and Droids:

"In the universe the players inhabit, Star Wars does not exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as Mad Max) do, albeit modified by the lack of Star Wars:

12. Spaceballs is a serious documentary about the practical applications of Buckminsterfullerene.

13. Mark Hamill is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.

14. Harrison Ford is known primarily for Indiana Jones.

15. Nerdy guys make YouTube videos of themselves wielding crossbows instead of lightsabres.

16. Without the success of Star Wars to spark interest in science fiction in the late 70s and early 80s, Star Trek was never revived with movies and new series, and remains an obscure short-running TV show.

17. Moonraker was never made. James Bond fans never had it so good.

18. The major science fiction background that pervades all of Western culture is Battlestar Galactica, despite it never being much good. It was remade recently as a new, updated television series with a bigger budget, high-tech computerised special effects, and edgy writing. And it sucked.

19. Throughout the 80s and 90s, all the greatest Hollywood blockbusters were big-budget family-oriented musicals.
  20. "

:D

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Darths and Droids obviously fails.

22. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I liked the first episode and I reckon I'm gonna stick with it. Despite not even being a Terminator fan.

23. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    damn I missed this, is it being replayed anytime this week?

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It was repeated tonight at 10pm, which doesn't really help you now but with the amount of billing Virgin have done for it I'm sure it will be repeated again this week.

I was very sceptical of this series (and still am) but this opener was pretty good and in many ways much more successful then T3.
    I felt Summer Glau did well and I'm sure there's much to be revealed about her character which I hope will be interesting.

Will defo try to keep up with the series unless it starts getting bad.

25. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm telling ya, this series so-far rules. :D

If anyone wants spoilers, just pm me. We "aquire" new episodes after they air in the US under the Country of Origin Rule.

26. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
  27. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i really enjoyed Ttv,and it certainly makes a sham of the awful T3.
    i'd say it was even better than the first terminator film,which you have to admit was bleedin' awful... when you think about it.
    summer glau is going to a massive star,even bigger than her expansive forehead,although the kid playing john connor is a bit of a no-mark.
    loved the ties with T2,subtle but necessary...

28. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm confused, what were the canon problems? There is a T4 in development, after all, which I assume takes place after T3, somewhat.

Good episode, though. Bloody Termie's just. don't. die. Unless you do something bloomin' excessive. Like they did.

29. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    People will always have different opinions I suppose. I really enjoyed all the Terminator movies equally and thought that the best actor in the TV series was the kid who played John Connor (although they were all good).

30. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I just watched the latest episode from the states. It kinda clears up any questions about where it stands in the whole "just where does this show fit" issue.

They even go so far as showing a scene from T2, but with the new Sarah acting out the scene (no, it's not the backpeddel scene, that would have been sacriledge, though they mention that scene).

Oh, and Agent Ellis, I knew I liked his character for a reason.

31. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I enjoyed the second episode. I lol'd at the Terminator chick getting plastered in make-up by the Latina.

32. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Now that i've caught up with this, I have to agree, this show is shaping up to be pretty damn good - I have always been a fan of the first two movies (the second, does not count IMO :p ) so it's great to see how this show fits in with T2, elements of that keep popping up every now and then.
    Interesting what RedGold brought up though, hmmm!

33. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Blue, did you mean that the third one doesn't count??

I enjoyed episode two and this week's looks potentially very good. I also had a dream about Summer Glau last night; she was helping me set-up a PC for some reason, and naturally being a Windows-based PC it didn't work. So not exactly exciting but yes, I am a fan! ;)

34. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Tice, that sounds like the most boring Summer Glau-orientated dream ever [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.