main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Spike2002, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Even when the T4 is out and the dircetor did say he would not involve the sereies in the movie ?

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Just leave it separate from the movies altogether as far as I'm concerned.

3. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    [face_laugh] LOL

4. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    What's so funny? :confused:

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Word. T3 was a piece of crap, and T4 might work out to be to be a decent piece of work that doesn't conflict too much. Hell, the end of T:SCC works pretty well which what we've seen of the T4 trailer.

6. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Except that in T:TSCC John has jumped forward in time twice, presuming that the second jump took him near to 2029 (the date that the first Terminator got sent back) he is now eleven years or so in the future from when T:S takes place and considerably younger than the "real" John Connor. As T:TSCC looks to have now gone for good I'm settling with the idea that John (T:TSCC version) now settles into Derek's command under an assumed name and lives happily ever after with Allison.

Edit - Except that would not work as there would not be a "real" John Connor in the T:TSCC timeline, so who has been leading the resistance all the time between J Day and the point in time that John jumped to? :confused: X 1 million

7. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fox-execs-explain-why-the.php

8. KrelleK

KrelleK Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2009

Hey i am I guess you can call it a representative from some fellow TtSCC-fans from another TtSCC you might know about this site allready, if so, then thats is good, that would like it to be renewed by some other network, i come with a few links that we would like you to take a look at and spread it to you friends that is fans as well

http://twitter.com/Craigatscifi/status/1839918505

and send wishes for it to be renewed here

feedback@scifi.com

a few of has also had the following idea, see beneath

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/thread/2854282/Can+We+Fund+Season+3%3F

if interested

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/Fan+Funded+Season+3+Pledges

Well wishes from a fellow TtSCC fan

9. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles resurrection possible on DVD
    Submitted by Kevin.Beaumont on May 14, 2009 ? 8:15 pm35 CommentsThe fate of Terminator?s TV franchise seems sadly bleak for fans of the series, however there exists a possibility nobody has mentioned publicly yet: DVD movies. So don?t cry yet Summer Glau, here?s our pitch.

Warner Bros have been trying to move into the area of DVD first features for many years. DVD features have always been a tricky area ? Hollywood has an atmosphere where nobody likes to feel they are slipping down the spectum, and DVD premieres still have a stigma in the industry (?Direct to video?). However, many companies believe significant revenue exists in this area, with companies such as Fox and Disney moving in.

Warner Bros itself has established an arm called ?Warner Premiere?, who look purely at DVD projects. If Warners fail to find a network to continue the show into a third season, it seems fans should look towards Warner Premiere. They are looking for several things for their projects: a strong brand, a strong fan base or interest group, and a story.

A strong brand

One word answer to this one: Terminator. More words: it?s a worldwide brand.

A strong fan base

The fans are currently busy filling up the inbox of FOX?s Kevin Reilly. They?re pretty vocal they want the show to continue. Again, they?re also all over the world, and they?re invested right now - not years ago.

A story

The TV concluded in the future, with a very confused John Connor looking with confused lustfulness at Summer Glau?s character (whoever that may be at the time).

Warner?s tried to resurrect oldtime geek series Babylon 5 in DVD format and failed. End Of Show believes there?s another more deserving franchise around waiting to be tapped. That franchise has killer robots in it.

Link

10. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    They're all wasting their time. Studio Execs inhabit a different world I'm afraid.

11. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    RIP SCC, we hardly knew ye!@};-

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A random question that was bugging me that I thought I'd bring up.

Many claim that the Terminators are Cyborgs, yet a cyborg is part organic and part machine and can't survive without it's organic parts. In Terminator 1 we see the T-800 lose all of it's organic disguise and walk around simpyl as a robotic exoskeleton, if it is a cyborg then it would not survive as just a machine.

IMO claiming Terminators as Cyborgs is like calling Data a cyborg just because he has skin over his body.

The Borg, Darth Vader, Cybermen - They are cyborgs.

13. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Correct.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So why is the T-800 often labelled as a Cyborg if it isn't?

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well... that's hopeful.

I'll take it. :cool:

I loved this. More than T3, or, I anticipate, T4. And if the rumoured T5 plot comes true, I'll probably have to run away from the franchise when it collapses into a boiling stew of poodoo - so I'd like to be able to surreptitiously purchase TSCC on DVD from the safety of my laptop. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.