Amph [Terra Nova] That Spielberg TV show with people Time-Travelling back to the Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It would have been a neat development if the meteor fried all technology and both Terra Nova and the sixers were back to sticks and fire until the next pilgrimage. But alas, episodic shows...
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    This episode was decent enough that I'll keep watching but damn I get flashbacks to the X-files when I watch this. Every episode feels like they are following the monster of the week formula. I'd like to see more advancement of the main storyline and more Dino's.
  3. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    The last few episodes have been really good. I especially like the subplot with Skye and her mother. Taylor and Mira teaming up was good too.

Taylor's son seems really delusional. I'm half-expecting the people back in 2149 to just "dispose" of him, now that he's fulfilled the mission they gave him.

The preview for next week's 2-hour finale looks really good. T-Rex loose in Hope Plaza!
  4. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Season finale tonight!
  5. alt0233 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I totally didn't realize it was tonight. I've been enjoying it, even though I recognize that there are things about it that are pretty bad. It's more fun than bad, though.
  6. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  7. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  8. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Not unexpected but I'm still disappointed, I enjoyed it and had hopes that the ending would provide enough of a hook for season 2 at least.

I hope another broadcaster is prepared to take a punt on this as it has potential.
  9. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Booooooooooooooooooooo(urns)!
  10. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I guess you could say this show is...
    [image=http://www.thetoque.com/images/stories/david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg]
    ...extinct.
  11. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    You win.
  13. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflix-expresses-interest-picking-up-297585

Perhaps we spoke too soon!
  14. icqfreak Force Ghost

star 4
    Good god, that's the FOURTH tv show that I've gotten into the past few years to get cancelled after the first season.

The other three being The Event, Caprica, and Moonlight.

I really hope someone else picks up the show, it was showing a lot of potential at the end of the season.
  15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, joy! My 3 favorite shows that got cancelled after one season were: Firefly, no second season, Jericho, got second season due to fan uproar and Moonlight, about a vampire living in the 21st century. The actor who played the vampire is now on Hawaii 5-0, Alex O'Laughlin, I think is his last name. The network figured out that more people liked the actor himself, than the show, so they put him in Hawaii 5-0.

Please note only one show got a second season. I hope Terra Nova gets a second season.

I had two other shows that I liked get cancelled, too. Neither one is back yet.

But, if a lot of people complain, Terra Nova might get a second season, so keep complaining!!
  16. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    Sad...live-action sci-fi doesn't stand much of a chance these days.

Makes me wonder how Star Wars: Underworld will fare.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    This is why I tend to skip season one. :)
  18. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    If this keeps the chance of another season of Fringe alive, I will gladly sacrifice all of Fox's current slate except for New Girl and Raising Hope. And those two are negotiable if it means a full season or more than one season [face_whistling]
  19. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Its Star Wars. It'll most likely very do well, as it'll basically be a 45 min Star Wars movie every week.
  20. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    But will they have the money and time to do good-enough special effects for each episode? That's the question. That's one of the biggest things that kept Terra Nova back. At least with Star Wars, Lucas has money he could dip into to fund an expensive show, but if it doesn't make a profit I doubt it will survive more than one season.

I do hope Terra Nova goes into a second season. It had its flaws, but it was fun, and better than the countless reality/court/medical TV shows.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    This. Buffy, ST: DS9, and ST: Voyager were the only series I watched first - run from beginning to end (DS9 back when TV execs hadn't quite managed to truly break my heart by canceling shows I love so early, and Voyager on the thought that it was Trek and wouldn't get cancelled after one season. Buffy was a combo of a whim and I liked the original movie. Looking back the movie doesn't hold up nearly as well as the show) The rest I've always held off on given the networks track records. Even then Season Twos aren't guarantees. *sends daggers at FOX for Dollhouse's demise*
  22. Rosslcopter Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  23. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  24. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
  25. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Oh yeah I remember this show...