main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terragen Animations

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by monkey_abbot, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Hey..
    i have terragen, and i can make some pretty cool images with it.
    now, i want to make some fly around videos with it, just short 10-30 seconds. i use Terranim, and it renders the 1100 or so images that make up my 30 second clip at 24fps. is there an easier way to do this? And is there a good, free program that i will be able to use to compile the images to make the video clip.

thanx

2. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    You can't render to animated .gif or .mov?

3. ---VADER---

---VADER--- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    Hi,
    Just wondering, is terragen for Mac as well? I've been to the site and read posts but I can't find a version for Mac. Is there one? Any help would be great. Thanks.

---VADER---

4. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    1. no u can't animate to .gif or .mov, it just renders all the frames for u.

2. no, terragen isn't for mac yet. the version i have is v.0.844, so v.1 hasn't even been made yet.

5. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Both premiere and after effects are able to load a sequence of images as a video to export it to .QT or .AVI or whatever suits your needs. That is if you have one of these programs. Though there should be some free programs out there which also might be able to do this job. Unfortunately, I don´t have any names or URL´s right now. But if you have either premiere or after effects, that´s the way to go.

6. Jrr_Dude

Jrr_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    OK. On the oficial terragen site, click on the download link. then click animation tools or something. Then go down to campath. got to their site and scroll down to the links. click the first link about the longest animations. on that page they have a lot of utilities for converting to jpg, and to make an avi. Also check out those movies. they're great!

--JrrDude

7. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    thanx for all the help!

:>!

if only i HAD premier!

8. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    If you don't have Premiere or AE, no sweat. Just find some of the freeware or trial-based programs that convert bmp images into an AVI.

It is almost too easy.

9. Master_Jedi_David

Master_Jedi_David Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    You might be able to use Axogon Composer to do this. At least i think you can just import a sequence of stills as Source Video and have it render out the export in preferred animation format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.