main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terrible news

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by jkg_vader, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought you'd want to know. This is a letter from Albin Johnson, Katie Johnson's dad:

June 24th

We met with the doctors on Wednesday to discuss the recent PET scans. The information confirmed that the gray masses in the MRI scans are indeed cancerous. The tumor has been growing aggressively and now threatens Katie's life. The doctors were very direct with us, telling us that the chemo and radiation could be considered a failure, and that
    now medical science had nothing more to offer Katie. We have been told to prepare for the end. Referrals have been made to Hospice and we are making arrangements for how we want to treat Katie with 'comfort medicine' in the final stages of the disease.

We have not been given a concrete timetable. Katie might have weeks, she might have months. But due to the recent degeneration we've been seeing in Katie's physical condition, we have to work fast if we want to do anything special for her. I contacted Make-A-Wish and we have been granted a Disney trip for the week of June 29th to July 4th and staying at the village "Give Kids the World". We will be flying Katie's step-sister down on Monday so she can participate. The cost is unexpected, but the trip should be much more economical than we'd normally have to consider, thanks to Make-A-Wish. We will be out of touch for this week.

I want to thank everyone who has prayed and supported us through this ordeal. I ask that you continue your prayers and think of us as we are about to enter the roughest part of this experience. Katie will be treated for pain and discomfort as the cancer spreads, so it is our
    hope her suffering will be minimal. The hard job will be for all of us, as
    we try to keep a strong face and stay by her side through this.

I am not giving up on God. He is in control. I still believe in miracles. God will take care of Katie and all of us no matter what the outcome. By the same token, I am also wise enough to prepare for whatever contingencies might happen. So preparations are being made. Again, I would just ask that everyone pray for Katie and our family. If there is anything you want to do for Katie, I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later. I promise you we will do whatever it takes to make her a happy little girl for as long as she is with us.

Thank you and God bless you all.

- Albin Johnson
    Katie's Dad

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    She is most definatly in our prayers here.

3. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    Lady Fett & I are sad to hear this.... Best Wishes..
    If anything is needed by us just let us know.....
    And May The Force Be With You.

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thanks, I'll pass on your best wishes. They mean a lot to Katie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.