main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terrorism - Q and A/Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ender Sai, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    You mean like when people use Nazi's or Hitler as an example? ;) I consder these people to be terrorists. They can claim they've hurt no one yet, but how long will that last?

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    DK, I heartily agree. Milking terrorism and 9/11 for all it's worth for political gain has merely cheapened the act and devoured any impact it should rightfully have.

E_S

3. Flametwister

Flametwister Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    The USA needs real airport security, and we need it now. Why? Let me tell you a story.

This summer, I went from coast to coast several times, flying between Bostan and San Fransisco. I flew to SF with my mother, then home on my own, then to SF on my own again. The third time I was selected for additional screening. Now, keep in mind that I was flying out of Logan Airport, one of the airports that brought us 9/11, and is supposed to have tighter security.

They didn't tell me that I was going to be searched. I was put into a different line without any explanation. At first it was the normal ? putting your baggage through the scanner, taking off your shoes and jacket etc, but the minute I was through the metal detector everything changed. I was told to stand against the wall with my arms spread. The security guard then took my passport and ticket and walked away with them. Walked out of my sight. He didn't say where he was going or what he was going to do. I was traveling as an unaccompanied minor ? it said so on my ticket ? and he was holding my only photo ID. Scary, huh?

Then comes the banger. I had flown coast to coast with my backpack. I had the same things in it all three times, and it turns out that I had a Swiss Army knife in one of the pockets. Now, I had absoutly no idea it was there. If I had I would have removed it ? everyone knows that you can't fly with one of those. They had every right to confiscate it, and to be suspicious of me after that (though thank God they gave me my passport back). The thing is that I had flown out of Logan and SFO with that knife in my backpack. I had gone through our 'hightened' security both times, and neither airport, niether airport had picked it up.

I am terrified that there will be 'another 9/11'. I agree that we should have tight, serious security at out airports. But if a fourteen year old girl can get a knife she doesn't even know she has through TWO airports, what could a terrorist do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.