main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Terry Goodkind

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Shota had always told richard that if he and Kahlen had a kid it would be a gifted male confessor, and that male confessors are destined to be monsters. We also know that richard created our world at the end of confessor and that magic doesn't exist there. In the law of nines it states that after the defeat jagang, the world was at peace for hundreds of year and that shortly after the events of confessor, the rahl line disappears from history. Also in law of nines, Alex Rahl and Jax (a sorceress from the world of magic) are in a store and jax spots a statue of Kahlen for sale. We also find out in Law of Nines that a gateway exist between the two world. The gateway only works one way, people from the world of magic can come to our world, but people from our world can't come to the world of magic. When you put all of the evidences together I think It suggest that after making sure everything was going smoothly richard and kahlen left the owrld of magic and came to our world, so that they could have children and live normal lives.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ah, okay. Huh. Not what I would have expected. I think I prefer my personal canon ending with the SoT books 8-}

Is Nines a stand-alone or the start of a new series?

3. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Actualy another interpurtation came to mind recently. Some how both side knew of the law of the nines. Maybe Richard was the one who came up with it.

What is your ending to SOT?

I think it's the bigining of a trilogy, but i'm not sure.

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That it ends with the last SoT book, not this :p

5. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    At the risk of being spoiled I have ventured here.

I am only up to Book 3, nearly finished. Terry is a fantastic writer. The way he sets things up earlier on and you never know until the "reveal" later :D
    Except he creates alot of characters that make me so angry I start yelling at my book and I don't read it for a few days. Though I know its a book, all the crap the characters go through is jsut so tiring. Perhaps I'm too invested in the books :p But all the crap happening to Richard and Kahlan and everyone can get depressing. I wish for them, that they got a break sometimes :p

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I thought Wizard's First Rule was pretty enjoyable, and even Books 2-4 were okay, despite some pretty obvious rip-offs of WOT and ASOFAI.

But after a while, I totally agree that it simply becomes a depressing read. Started to think Goodkind is almost sadistic.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah... as I've said before, I really liked book 1, but it started going downhill from there, and I hated the last three. :(

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm pretty much with RJ.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Also (and I've said this before) I've never seen an author destroy his own work as thoroughly as Goodkind destroys Wizard's First Rule in the Chainfire Trilogy. [face_plain]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I did NOT like that trilogy. Worst of the series, IMO, including the one about the sister.

11. Mozart

Mozart Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 8, 2009
    My opinion probably doesn't matter here, but I've read through all of them, and now I still miss it (but then there were alot of events in my life which helped drive me to read it.)

I think the Star Wars novels are the closest thing to a long and detailed series that actually match up with Terry's works.

But that's my opinion, of course. :p

12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    As I have said before I have only read WFR but I saw some episodes of Legend of the Seeker and it made me want to read the series.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I've seen bits of a couple episodes of Legend of the Seeker... once was with a friend who had also read the books, and we both went "where the heck are they supposed to be?" ... the second time was by myself, and my reaction was simply a "what... the... heck?" It seems like they're completely different stories based on the same characters, or something like that.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I've heard the episodes are surprisingly not too shabby.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I've heard both of those things :p I mean to give it a go one day - I want to see how it deviates from the books.

16. Mozart

Mozart Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 8, 2009
    I wish Blockbusters had it. :(

17. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    It's extremely different from the books. The pilot was good, but many of the shows following it were not. Toward the end of the first seaspn it started to pick up. So far the episodes of season 2 have been good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.