main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Terry Pratchett's Going Postal

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by LAJ_FETT , May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up for UK folks - Terry Pratchett's Going Postal starts on May 30 on Sky One and Sky One HD. For more information on the show and a trailer, go to the official site here.

I've been seeing short ads all evening on Sky One but none give a start time. You can probably assume 8 or 9 pm.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got times on this now for UK viewers. Part 1 is Sunday May 30 from 6pm - 8pm on Sky One. Part 2 is Monday May 31 - same time and channel. There's a back-to-back repeat as well on Friday 4 June from 6pm - 10pm on Sky One.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    The books were good.
    The cartoons by Cosgrove studios were awful.
    The Hogfather was very good.
    The Colour of Magic was uninspiring.

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, part 1 wasn't bad. I'll definitely catch part 2. I don't know how faithful it is to the book though. I have that but haven't had a chance to read it.

5. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    Laj i agree. it wasnt bad at all. i would go so far as to say it was good. Going Postal being one of the latter books is one that i havent read and for me i think that's a good thing. i didnt find myself missing bits or noticing changes and was allowed to enjoy it as it's own thing.

will miss part 2 due to work (which is where i am typing this message) but will definitely catch it up!
    -doodie

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I missed part 2 tonight due to a repeat showing of this week's Dr Who on BBC3. However, if you get Sky Two it's on tomorrow from 4-6pm. And there's always the repeat on Friday.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I need to find this. I love the book and the Discworld universe in general.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I liked the show. I read the book after I saw it and liked that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.