main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Test Saber/Blue Screen clip!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by daverave320, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daverave320

daverave320 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey...I just found out how to post clips on here and I need some critiques. I need opinions!! Are my sabers OK? Is my keying OK? (Keep in mind that I dont have Knoll Light Factory...and yes there in no sound) Thanks guys.

clip

~Dave

2. dark_lord_biped

dark_lord_biped Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2002
    very good the keying looks ok but there is a bit of difrence bwtween the bg and forground.
    what method did you use for keying

3. daverave320

Oct 23, 2002
    I used DaftMaul's tutorial for after effects 5.5. Ill work on the color of the faces a little .........thanks man

~dave

4. ucahg

ucahg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    That movie downloaded as a text file and opened in notepad. I had to rename it as a .mov file for it to work.

I think the contact flashes are far too small.

5. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    It won't work for me even if I rename it to .mov. Any help, anyone?

Thanks,
    Aaron

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Bandwidth exceeded.

7. Shadows_545

Shadows_545 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2002
    Same here :(

Shadow...

8. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Try opening it from quicktime directly. Set file types to "All files" and then open it.

Did you use photoshop lense flare for the contact flashes? If so, get rid of the lens flare and enlarge the flash itself.

Other wise it looks good, great job in keying it. Did you color correct the foreground at all?

9. daverave320

Oct 23, 2002
    I used some basic trial version of knoll light factory to do the lens flares.....i cant get rid of the ring (which angers me) but I do agree that it needs to be brighter. I did add some red midtones and pulled back on the blue highlights in the foreground. The still pic looks awesome......i guess i have a little tinkering to do with the clip. Thanks guys for your replys. Not bad for my first try.....maybe ill really impress you with some new tricks i got up my sleeve.

~Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.