JCC Test your social intelligence

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, May 5, 2013.

1. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    A professor at Harvard is conducting a social intelligence study, as was posted on reddit last week I think. Anyway, you can participate in the study here, and you'll also get your result. I'm curious to see how this group that would be stereotyped as having poor social intelligence actually does.

The average score is 26/36. I got 32. Does this mean I fail at being an internet nerd who can use self-diagnosed Aspergers as my excuse for not going outside? :(
  2. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. heels1785 Community & Prequel Trilogy Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Never fear, I got 30. That felt like one of those behavioral surveys employers often attach to applications- you know you're getting the same question over and over again, just with different words.
  4. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  5. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    29, which is more than I expected given that I got really impatient halfway through :p
  6. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    33/36

The one thing I learned from this test is that after a while pictures of eyes only look freaking weird.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It's nothing to do with having some condition, it's just that no-one out there is cool enough to hang with us :p

Anyway, I got 31/36
  8. harpua Chosen One

star 8
  9. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    29/36 on this nonsensical test.
  10. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Gotta agree that it's nonsensical. I mean, where did the images come from? Were the people in the images assigned to a particular emotion ("okay, now I want you to feel despondent")? If so, the emotions that are supposed to be portrayed can't really be all that genuine.
  11. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Your score on this test was 32 out of 36.

I would have liked to have seen the answers at the end with the whole face next to each set of eyes.
  12. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    28/36

I agree; I like to think I'm a pretty good "reader" of people but looking at the eyes only is very different from seeing the entire face.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, May 5, 2013
  13. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    That would **** up their study, though.
  14. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    31/36. It's good to know that I'm not actually socially awkward. And all this time...

I'm going to print these results out and put them next to my iq test result(which was 188 if anyone is curious about that).
  15. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
  16. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  17. tom Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    2/36. i thought all those people wanted to have sex with me, but i guess only two of them did. :(
    siha, ophelia, yankee8255 and 9 others like this.
  18. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    No doubt it's a simple test of how likely heterosexual men are to believe that a woman who stares them directly in the eye is flirting or attracted.

I mean, isn't it pretty stupid to suggest that people only read or primarily read emotions from the eyes and not every available sensory input? The only interesting thing about these pictures was whether the image seemed to be male or female and whether they were staring directly into the camera or away.
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, May 5, 2013
  19. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I thought the same thing.
  20. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Of course you did. They might as well have asked "on a scale of 1 to 10, how badly does the person in the photo want to have sex with you." And then the result is correlated with the number of hours a week you spend on a computer.
    siha and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  21. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
  22. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    26/36 which is odd, because 1. this kind of crap is a large part of my profession and 2. a few of you with severely lacking social skills did far better than me.
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Huh, 30/36. Something must be off, I'm outrageously bad at looking people in the eye.
    Last edited by Ramza, May 5, 2013
    Darth_Deception likes this.
  24. PiettsHat Force Ghost

star 4
    I got a 31.

Am I the only one who thought that the women were far harder to read than the men? Maybe it's the makeup but I found I had a lot harder time trying to guess the emotion on display. I would have liked to see a breakdown of my results based on the male and female images, but it doesn't look as though that is possible.

Edit: I was thinking of writing to the creators of the test, though, to ask them why they only used the faces of Caucasian people (at least, that's all I got). I would think that it might be more relevant to use a wider range of faces, but I don't want to seem like I'm the Political Correctness police.
    Last edited by PiettsHat, May 5, 2013
    Point Given likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I got 21/36, just a bit below average. I wish it would show you which ones you got right or wrong, though.
    Darth_Deception likes this.