Lou, KY Testing the (Running) Water

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master

star 4
    You were right Dr. Mika; I have a sprained Achilles tendon. I do hope to actually start my couch to 5 k soon, but right now it is RICE. Boo.
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ouch! Feel better.

If only your mom had double dipped you in the river Styx.
  3. Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master

star 4
    Not going to walk tomorrow Boss, in case there was any question.

Boo lazy Macedonian moms!
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks for the heads up. Mrs Jedimika ended up doing this one with me (walking). She was impressed by how tough the course was. And I was impressed by how much pizza they had. Even though we finished at the end there was still lots of pizza (Pizza Hut) left, enough that people were going back for multiple slices and multiple trips.
  6. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Less than a week before the IHR Toys for Tots/Poker Run Tuesday night the 8th. Weather permitting I plan to be there. I haven't done much running this Summer because of the heat so I'll be doing a lot of walking.
  7. Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master

star 4
    Stang it.
    Maybe....
    I was at PT (for the ankle) and I pulled another muscle further up that same leg-- so now I am doing two PTs. It's frustrating-- but hopefully I can at least walk a 5k.
  8. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Was a good run last night. I did better than I thought with all the walking I did, a shade over 34 minutes. I didn't hang around after for the final numbers tally for the toys and cash but I'll keep an eye on their social media.
    Next run might be the Kicking Butt 5K on August 26. It's down at the waterfront which I'm not into but work has a team so I could go out and rep them and show I'm a Team Player at work. Always looks good at evaluation time.
    http://support.kickingbutt.org/site/TR?fr_id=1110&pg=entry
  9. Relin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I;m going to go ahead and sign up for this one as it was one I was thinking of doing anyway.
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good! Less likely I'll back out then.