Testing the (Running) Water

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by jedimika, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd love to go however I'll be in Georgetown that day for.......

HERE IT COMES.......

WAIT FOR IT......

I finally get to start on my Commander APPO clone YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mika run hard and have lots of fun, I'll be there in spirt:D[face_dancing]
    VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Appo, please take lots of step by step pics of the process to share. Have fun!
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well I was in Metropolis this weekend and I did the Superman 4 mile road race. I finished it around 40:10. I was hoping for under 40:00 but it's still a personal record for this race for me. Maybe next year.

Probably won't do the Lunar 5K this weekend. Mrs Jedimika doesn't want to go all the way to Etown for a 5K plus when I drove through on my way to and back from Metropolis they're doing work on I65 around that area and have it down to 2 lanes on each side. Really don't feel like messing with it if I don't have to.
  4. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I haven't finished a 5k in under 40, so a 4 miler at 40:10 is pretty awesome to me.
    Been getting back into running mode, but haven't gotten farther then three clicks before I start walking. Then the heat showed up, so I have been working out indoors at the Y.
    Ms. Jammies wants to do a five k soon, so we will keep our eyes pealed.
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay here are some upcoming 5K's on my radar.

Saturday July 12 (this weekend) Johnny's 5K Memorial Race. this is a real pretty race run along the river on the Indiana side. Start is at the Falls of the Ohio. I have to work Saturday but not until 1100 so I could do this. I'm not sure with all the construction if I know how to get to the Falls now. I used to always take exit 0. Is it still open?
    http://www.johnny5k.org/

Saturday July 19 Lunar 5K Louisville. I'm visiting some people that day but since it's an evening race I could make it. Start is at Papa Johns Stadium at 2030.
    http://www.lunar5k.com/louisville/

Wednesday (yes mid-week) July 23 St Matthews Mid-Summer's Night 5K Run. Yes another evening run. Might be fun to do.
    http://www.rivercityraces.com/event/2014/03/st-matthews-mid-summers-night-run-5k
  6. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Did the Johnny's 5K this morning. Nice and flat, just up along the river and back. Not too hot but the humidity by the river was killer. Made it just under a half hour...about 29:57. I wish I wouldn't have had to run off to get ready for work, they had some good door prizes and it was a small crowd so my chances would have been good.
    Last edited by jedimika, Jul 12, 2014
  7. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [IMG]

Not too bad a picture of me from this morning. It was at the end of the race so you can see I'm pretty flushed from the heat but I'm still showing off that Star Wars love!
    VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  8. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    Great shoot Mika
    Glad you had a good run I was attached to the keyboard end of my dang gone computer. Were you listening to SW music or some crazy rock??
  9. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
  10. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I ran from the couch to the kitchen when the microwave went off today. Does that count for anything?
  11. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Actually I was listening to a Star Wars podcast (Rebel Force Radio) :)
    Last edited by jedimika, Jul 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM
  12. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey that's a great way to get on down the road....Listening to what motivates you always makes the trip easier[face_dancing] ...