main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Texture Flicking in this Clip

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Deleted_Movie, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted_Movie

Deleted_Movie Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey..there..
    This is a scene from a future movie im working on. There are some detail aspects that i didnt include in the clip because it's only a beta test...I used the appolo model that came with studio max..but all the rest was done by me..The problem with the clip is that the texture on the apollo seems to have black pixels moving on the fusselage. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this..because it's a very important scene in the movie especially the slow-mo part...The animation was rendered with 3ds max and with videopost with a starfield effect...

heres the clip for the clip. You need the divx codec in order to see the clip...

http://membres.lycos.fr/xboxnews/testsatelitedivx.avi

2. Deleted_Movie

Aug 31, 2002
    Comon guy's could you help out a bit here?

3. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Sure post in quicktime. :p

4. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    that is weird, i have never seen that happen b4, sorry i can't help you dude, but i look forward to the solution in case i ever run into this.

5. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i am downloading it now and it will be done in 4 minutes so i will post when i watch it.

6. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    whoa. that's a nice piece of work. the texturing was good and i especially liked the beginning and the end with, i guess the motion blurs or whatever you did. incase you didn't notice i'm not into 3D yet, so i don't know exactly what i am talking about when i talk about 3D.

7. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, what you have going here is called a swimming texture, I think. We've never had this problem in texture mapping.
    It looks as if some of the polygons are "losing" their mapping coordinates. Double check that you have a UVW map modifier applied and that it's set to cylindrical. Again, we've never had this problem before.
    I'm surprised you're having a problem with this pre made model. We've done test renders with it when 4.0 came out and this didn't happen. A little odd. We'll look into this some more.

8. Deleted_Movie

Aug 31, 2002
    Thanx guy' for trying to help out especially brokenglass..i'll try to check the UVW mapping..and me to it's the first time that the problem occurs and the bizarre thing is that I had made a alpha test for this beta test an the alpha worked fine..anyway i'll check that and if I get to resolve the problem I'll let you know..

thx guys..or girls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.