main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TF.N Books' "tidbits" on Dark Journey.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wedge 88, Oct 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyria-Solo

Tyria-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    it's never too early for spoilers!!!! hehehehehehehehe. hint hint. cough*post it here*cough

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I agree with you LisaSkywalkerSolo. It's apparent in Balance Point that there's tension between Jaina and Leia. There's also tension between Jacen and his parents in Rebirth. I'm hoping to download Recovery sometime today (it's almost qaurter to 3 A.M. here). If it's not covered in the e-book or in Star by Star, then it'll most likely be covered in Dark Journey. Possibly after Jaina returns to the light and rejoins her family. I was kinda hoping for this to happen (having a long family talk, getting all the tension and disputes out in the open, clearing the air) in the interim between Rebirth and Star by Star, when the entire family is there to celebrate the birth of little Ben.

3. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Ghent 42, you had me falling off my seat cos i was laughing so much. Maybe you can do more scenarios like that?

4. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    God dammit! This is going to be annoying, not that I wanted spoilers this early but something a bit less...ambiguos than this or nothing at all

oh well we'll have to make do

Darkness:
    Pretty obvious, Jaina has fallen to the darkside.

Apprentice:
    I sure hope this is not Kyp becoming her master.. although I am positive Kyp and Luke sort out there differences in SbS I still dislike him. Perhaps at the end of the book she decides to return to Mara as her apprentice after realising what has become of her falling to the dark side

Misinformation:
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Children:
    Vong children.. hmmm interesting perhaps in her dark side rampage discovers a crippled worldship and massacres all the Vong children infront of their parents... She realises what is becoming to her through this...

Family Ties:
    She cuts off her ties from her family, or maybe she is annoyed that the only reason the Hapes are hosting her is due to her family ties. She has to get used to the fact that she is part of a famous family and always will be

Assassination:
    She is on the planet Hapes, do I need say more?

Fire:
    Er could be anything in war...ummmmmm

Death:
    Oh dear more of it, great perhaps Tenenial Djo gets assasinated

Suicide:
    Isolder does this after his wife is killed and his daughter is killed in SbS (yeah I know I am now speculating on two different books but oh well) I find it very hard to imagine a Jedi commiting suicide so I doubt very much that it would be Tahiri or Jaina. BTW, people are saying no main character will die because it is a paperback and the main events happen in the hardcovers.. thats ridiculous, dont you think that the birth of Luke Skywalker's son is a main event?

5. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    The fact that Luke was going to have a child was much bigger than the actuall birth of the child.

6. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    Oh, I know! they gave Mara the wrong kid at the hospital! After she gave birth, they kidnapped Ben, and gave her some other kid.

7. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  8. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    The events at the end of Star By Star could shed some light on the situation.

9. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    darkness....Jaina!
    apprentice...Kyp and Jaina?
    suicide/death..Tahiri( poor girl she finnaly fell in love and then he goes and dies on her)
    the rest im not chancing a guess at.

10. imperialcmnd

imperialcmnd Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    Due to the spoilers I would have to say that Tahiri would be the one to commit sucide over the death of Anakin. Then again it may be that no one actually commits sucide but just thinks about it.

11. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Shoot people you shouldnt post spoilers in a thread not labeled *spoliers*. Good thing you were talking about the only Eu spoiler i have ever read, so i already knew about it.

12. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmmm, any more thoughts on this!?

13. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Just a couple of random things:
    Apprenticeship:
    Jaina and Kyp. Look, if they put it in Rebirth and then just dropped it, it would be a non sequitor with no plot purpose. It has to show up again somewhere,and I think this would be logical.

Suicide:
    There was some debate on whether or not Coruscant fell or not which got me thinking. Disgrace and misinformation etc. lead to the suicide of . . .
    Good ol' Borsk Fey'lya.
    Appropriate, don't you think?

14. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I'm looking forward to this book.

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    its a book they CANT ignore Kyp in.

Can they?

Thread Status: