[TF.N] Joshua Griffin Resigns as Editor

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord_Fett, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    My commitment to TheForce.Net has grown to accommodate the size of the site - which has been far greater than I ever imagined back in 1998. But after six years I think its time for a change. Today will mark my last day as chief editor of TFN. My strongest motivation behind this decision is my family. I don't want my kids only memory of their father being the back of his head. I'm looking for margin, and this juncture in the life of TFN provides a great chance for me to step away from the site.
    I had planned to do a "review of sorts" of Episode III, but in the end maybe it's better to let the movie speak for itself. I'll be right in line with you to see the movie for the very first time, and have to say much of what hasn't yet hit the internet looks really, really promising. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are merely the dominos being set up - Episode III knocks them all down and then breaks them in half.

I'm sure I'll pop into the forums from time to time, and I wish you all a great rest of the journey to Star Wars future. May the Force be with you!

Joshua Griffin
    November 1st, 2004

The end of an era. :(

Still, =D=
  2. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Does this mean he sold his share to Rebelscum too? [face_thinking]
  3. Kimball_Kinnison Force Ghost

star 6
    Does this mean he sold his share to Rebelscum too?

No. He is still co-owner.

Kimball Kinnison
  4. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What's your source?
    Is it reliable?
  5. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Josh is the source on the news that he?s staying on as co-owner.

So, whether you consider him reliable or not is entirely your own prerogative.
  6. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Was this discussed in MS?
    If so, why wasn't it posted by the administration in the most recent update? :confused:
  7. Kimball_Kinnison Force Ghost

star 6
    If so, why wasn't it posted by the administration in the most recent update? confused

Because it was posted late Sunday and MS updates come out on Wednesdays.

Kimball Kinnison
  8. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sure....and there was one released last Wednesday.

Nobody knew anything about it before the announcement Josh made in public? The matter of the co-owner quitting the site was not discussed before last Wednesday's MS Update?
  9. Kimball_Kinnison Force Ghost

star 6
    Nobody knew anything about it before the announcement Josh made in public? The matter of the co-owner quitting the site was not discussed before last Wednesday's MS Update?

He did not mention it in MS until then. Since he relinquished the role of Head Admin, there was no overriding need for him to inform the MS of his decision that relates to another part of TFN. His role as TFN Main Editor does not affect our relationship with him in the MS. His role as co-owner remains unchanged.

Kimball Kinnison
  10. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Sad! Josh has resigned.
    Now the Force will be with him
    always like Ben said.
  11. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I didn't ask if he mentioned it, I asked if it was discussed in the MS private forum before last Wednesday's update. You didn't really answer my question. You could have been in touch with him privately and mentioned in a thread dedicated to the topic, for instance.

With Phillip Wise being generally unreachable for any input to these boards, has Josh agreed to stay on as the go-to guy as the co-owner when MS needs a decision on some issue or other (like slash or posting links to off-site spoilers or a dozen other things that spring to mind)?
  12. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to say thank you to Josh for making this site. I've been visiting tf.n since 1999 (mostly for the humor section back then) and I am grateful for his time and effort.

I also fully support his reason for resigning. Family must come first.

God Bless Josh and May The Force Be With You

=D=
  13. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Since the aforementioned resignation of Josh as Head Admin a few weeks ago, nothing about Josh and/ or his position was discussed in ModSquad anywhere. Not even mentioned.
    So there was nothing to be put into an MS Update.

From what I understand, Josh will still be here more often than Philip. ;)
  14. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Josh, thanks for all your hard work through all these years as editor of TFN. TFN has reached so many through the hard work of you and the TFN staff. We are grateful. Take care of your beautiful family, and we'll see you around the JC, more often now, we hope, now that you won't be so busy in the front office.

Now, any hints as to who will pick up the reins of TFN editor???????
  15. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Everything Kimball is saying is true. In the 3SA, Josh announced he'd be stepping down in the midst of a thread. But all the stuff about staying on as owner or what he intended his role to be wasn't revealed until just the other day. We weren't discussing it at all until then.

And thanks Josh for making this place possible in the first place.
  16. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thank you Josh...for making TFN and for enabling SW fans the world over to meet up and share their views.

It's been a great experience for me, personally, and I would like to say a very big "thank you" for making all this possible at TFN. :cool:

God Bless and take care Josh. We hope to still see you here. :)

17. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

may the force be with you, Josh...
  18. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    From what I understand, Josh will still be here more often than Philip.

How long since you logged into these boards?

About 3 or 4 seasons...
  19. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Now, any hints as to who will pick up the reins of TFN editor???????

Yes, who will be the new editor? Maybe Britany?
  20. Cheri Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. You will be missed Josh.
  21. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Wanna pay my respects to Josh, who, though he's not leaving us, is in fact leaving us :p

They should put you in the hall of fame. Then they should dedicate the hall to you :p

Silvertouch
  22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    This is sad news to say the least. I think he's done an excellent job as editor, but his reasons for stepping down are just as admirable.
  23. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Family is quite important :)
  24. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    *claps*

You've done a wonderful job. Thanks for bringing TFN to us in the first place. This is still a wonderful place to be, and after about six years that's saying something. Bravo.

-Krystal
  25. Lyn_Me-s_Masseur Jedi Padawan

Great, great job, Josh. Taa baa for everything, and best wishes to you and to your family. Don't be a stranger, and may the Force be with you...

Sagila
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.